TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Symphony of Color drone show and daytime parade announced!

There is a fairly large amount of people that think they should be allowed to carry firearms at theme parks, even though its likely just as bad of an idea as bringing them into a movie theater.

But did the guy really think he could sneak in two firearms and a bullet case and they wouldn't notice/care, especially in a post-Paris environment?

Came across this recently, posted beginning of January, in MiceChat.com ....

Inside Disneyland Paris – A Meeting with Daniel Delcourt, Deputy CEO, Operations

The following is the translation of part of a DLP Welcome interview with Chief Operating Officer of

Disneyland Paris, Daniel Delcourt. The interview was conducted on December 21, 2015 at the Compass

Lounge Club, Disney’s Newport Bay Club. This is the last paragraph of the interview...

Finally, there was discussion about a project that should see the light of day beginning 2017 for the 25th anniversary which he referred to as

Smart Media. Today, if your family of four comes to a Disneyland Paris hotel for two nights, you have room key cards, park tickets, breakfast tickets, dinner-show tickets, etc., you have over 54 tickets to manage! It can represent a loss of time for guest and Cast Members alike. This new system,

in the form of a smart card, will consolidate guest tickets. The tests will begin by January 2016 hotel by hotel, until its official roll-out in early 2017.

The final name of the program has not been determined yet. However, the card will be equipped with RFID technology.

Thank you MAX for the interview!

IMG_9813-.JPG.26c67062510a7e4122954e0257a3c62e.JPG

So all of this will eventually "Become As One". But not the Pizza Place. (o;

Came across this recently, posted beginning of January, in MiceChat.com ....

Inside Disneyland Paris – A Meeting with Daniel Delcourt, Deputy CEO, Operations

The following is the translation of part of a DLP Welcome interview with Chief Operating Officer of

Disneyland Paris, Daniel Delcourt. The interview was conducted on December 21, 2015 at the Compass

Lounge Club, Disney’s Newport Bay Club. This is the last paragraph of the interview...

Finally, there was discussion about a project that should see the light of day beginning 2017 for the 25th anniversary which he referred to as

Smart Media. Today, if your family of four comes to a Disneyland Paris hotel for two nights, you have room key cards, park tickets, breakfast tickets, dinner-show tickets, etc., you have over 54 tickets to manage! It can represent a loss of time for guest and Cast Members alike. This new system,

in the form of a smart card, will consolidate guest tickets. The tests will begin by January 2016 hotel by hotel, until its official roll-out in early 2017.

The final name of the program has not been determined yet. However, the card will be equipped with RFID technology.

Thank you MAX for the interview!

Sounds like what Disney World already has but with no tan lines!

^ Oh well, less strollers for me, then.

Honestly? Compared to the other three visits I have made to DLPR, this one last Sept. was the Most Surprising of them all.

Why? We saw hardly any line jumps, if at all. All cast members were great to both of us.

The ONLY one we can positively point to for Bad Form, was the (&*^$&(# operator at the Information Desk,

from our Hotel Phone. She didn't know one thing about anything going on that we wanted to know. eg. She told us

the swimming pool was totally shut down for a few weeks' maintenance. Turns out, it was open the day we

arrived, and would stay open until the day we left...

Grrrrrrrrr. (Also, I found out, and forgot, the Resort was "BYOB" so my cocktails were all from the Hotel Bar.)

But, apart from that annoyance, everybody else else we encountered was great! Cleanliness through the parks,

was excellent, as usual. We saw overstuffed refuse containers here and there, usually after a parade. But

we also saw them immediately taken care of, by cast members. And all our reserved meals were taken care of

efficiently and very nice by all the cm's we encountered. Didn't feel rushed at all, especially with the table

service restaurants.

Go figure, huh?

My last couple of visits to DLP have been amazing. I think the resort is really turning a corner... it's a shame that they did let it fall into disrepair and also that the customer service there was so poor, but I genuinely think they've turned it around and I think it's a shame people still give the resort a bad time. Mud sticks though, I guess.

^ I'll take Disneyland packed to capacity with SoCal locals before DLP on a slow day.

I'd take DLP in a heartbeat...Best Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, the cool ariel fight scene on Pirates, Dragon Lair castle, and more space to deal with the crowds...

Also, I found out, and forgot, the Resort was "BYOB" so my cocktails were all from the Hotel Bar.

Huh? Interesting. When we go we'll be flying in from Italy, so I might see if we find a good wine or liquor to bring a bottle along (in our checked luggage of course).

Good to know though!

^ I'll take Disneyland packed to capacity with SoCal locals before DLP on a slow day.

I'd take DLP in a heartbeat...Best Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, the cool ariel fight scene on Pirates, Dragon Lair castle, and more space to deal with the crowds...

I'm not arguing that they have some of the best attractions in the chain, I've said that myself plenty of times. When it comes down to it, though, I found the park to be a hostile environment towards foreigners, something that Paris in general is known for. Wretched hospitality will destroy a place's standing in my mind in a heartbeat.

It's such a shame because the rest of France I found to be exceedingly friendly and welcoming. I just hate anything and everything having to do with Paris and it's surrounding area.

Also, I found out, and forgot, the Resort was "BYOB" so my cocktails were all from the Hotel Bar.

Huh? Interesting. When we go we'll be flying in from Italy, so I might see if we find a good wine or liquor to bring a bottle along (in our checked luggage of course).

Good to know though!

Yeah, I was going to save that little tidbit until I "summed up" the trip, on my TR thread. With reminders. But yes had I known, I would have brought a bottle of something with me, from Paris (so easy it would have been, in the bag) to help with "in room cocktail hour(s)" They actually do sell a wine in the hotel's gift shop. One bottle of red, and the other is white. Could be the Disney Label, but I didn't ask. And it's located behind the cashier along with it's little Pharmacy/Notions, too. Very little.

Yes, good to know. And you are allowed Duty Free, country to country, yes? No?

souvenirs-05.jpg.7aa5a24876a8443cfe73a327b1ea7ce6.jpg

The wine we DID buy at DLPR - back in Apr.2007 for their 15th Anniversary.

Good wine, actually, the white. Glass bottle was way too heavy itself to

take back With Wine in it! So the wine we drank, and brought back the bottle.

(Thanks DLRP.Today for the photo.)

I'm not arguing that they have some of the best attractions in the chain, I've said that myself plenty of times. When it comes down to it, though, I found the park to be a hostile environment towards foreigners, something that Paris in general is known for. Wretched hospitality will destroy a place's standing in my mind in a heartbeat.

It's such a shame because the rest of France I found to be exceedingly friendly and welcoming. I just hate anything and everything having to do with Paris and it's surrounding area.

Granted I haven't been since 2005, but I saw none of that. Stayed at the Sequoia and never had any issues at the parks or hotel.

In fact, at one of the restaurants at the Disney Village I had my favorite character encounter ever...Smee sat down at our table and was super entertaining.

^ This is definitely a Fuji-Queue Highland park kind of situation.

I mean, I have been to that park with TPR three times, and each

one was progressively better than the first encounter (3-1/2hour

wait for two coasters - ugh). And this is due, in Great Part to Robb and Elissa

who put up with insane rules for getting us FastPasses.

But people who were on that fateful first trip, 2007, may know only that.

I know we have been to DLP a number of times where things with the

cast members didn't go great. But I tried in my best french possible,

and they seemed to accept that gesture, as bad as it sometimes was.

And the good moments far outweighed the dumb/stupid ones.

I always maintain, if you can learn the words "Please." Can you help me?"

and "Thank You" and most of the time you are home free, no matter where you are.

Really.

DLP as it is currently is a great experience in terms of service and cast member friendliness. I think in the past they have had issues, I think I've said before the difference between our trip in 2011 and our trip last year was night and day. The cast members are friendly, and went out of their way to strike up a conversation with you, which wasn't the case in 2011 where the majority we saw, were generally just getting on with their job and not adding that 'Disney magic'.

We just came back from 4 days in DLP last week staying on the Cheyenne.

It was my first visit since 2001, as lets be honest they haven't added much. Whilst the customer service was good for European standards Americans going there expecting anything like service they receive in the US parks will be disappointed. Go there thinking European standards and you will be fine.

It was my first visit to the Studios park, if you turn left after going through the entrance building it's pretty shocking how this could qualify as a Disney park, if you go right it's better but lets be honest it all just seems like one bit bolted onto the next. However we all thought Ratatouille was excellent, kind of like a family Spiderman and the fact you could take an 8 month old baby on was great. The park is just about held together by Ratatouille, TOT and Rock n Rollercoaster.......can't quite imagine how bad it must have been before TOT and Ratatouille.

As for the main park, basically pretty much the whole left hand side apart from Phantom, Indy and Pirates is walled up. Still think it's quite incredible that since last visiting in 2001 the only new ride has been Buzz Lightyear and the park still gets 12 million odd visitors a year. Guess it all comes down to the fact Phantom, Pirates, Thunder Mountain and Space mountain really are excellent rides. Imagine what it could do if they actually built some new rides.

Whilst it's nice they are basically making the park look like new I would rather spend my money visiting the American parks until they add some new attractions. I fully realise they won't care less as the hotels were absolutely heaving (probably because of the free half board meal plan).

(After watching...) Well. It's certainly different. It was... okay.

But. Not a show that will rate high, with ones I have seen before

at the Chapparral Theatre there in Frontierland.

I admit that it is a challenge to work any production in this theatre,

as it had/has mainly outdoor and exposed "sides" of it, which let a lot

of light in during the daytime shows. Evening shows (to me) are

actually better to see, as the natural darkness helps so much.

Still...

I am hoping the new one they come up with to replace Animagique

in WDS, is a bit better (no, a LOT better) than this one.

Elsa2015.JPG.66ba7d1286eb4443deaf7fc17d03d1d2.JPG

I imagine that the last show there, FROZEN, had this 'element' in it. And not with Scary Teddy or the minion, either. :p

Edited by Nrthwnd

The Frozen Sing-a-Long show was great in my opinion, it fit the theatre really well and the production was really well done. We saw it twice, and on our first time they had technical issues with the giant screen, as it wouldn't lift up out of the way for the finale, so Elsa's entrance was somewhat muted, but the second time around everything worked well and Elsa's reveal on her 'mountain' was quite impressive, I imagine that the show will return for the summer season for the foreseeable future.

It's good to see they are continuing to use the venue though after it's sat unused for quite a bit.

Micechat.com just posted a photo taken of the final cast and crew after the final performance

of Animagique at the Walt Disney Studios, on January 31st.

It's since gone into renovations for the new show planned.

AnimagiqueFinalcastWDSjan31-2016.jpg.dd72d261da5af44626cc9368c31e3b74.jpg

So many people to do that show! It's been a good 14 year run. (o: