TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 54 - Walt Disney Studios Park to become Disney Adventure World!

This is what's bringing me and David back to Paris,

hopefully in the fall of 2015. This, and for David:

Crush's Coaster, Road Rally, and Tower of Terror,

and for us both: Toy Story Land (credit!).

It really looks great, even if a bit redundant,

(Fake Paris setting in....Paris?). No matter.

It's Disney. It's looking awesome.

^ Just so you know, I really don't think "Ratatouille" will be finished and

"soft opening", until well into the spring. That's what I heard/read, lately.

And that's why I was making my (possible) plans for Disney Paris in late 2015.

Everything else should be open at the Studios in January. Just not "Ratatouille", yet.

Looking good, I hope the ride turns out well and they put it in other parks.

Right now, the only Disney park I would think this attraction

could be duplicated, would be at the France pavilion in EPCOT.

And beyond that...?

Actually, after this attraction debuts, it will be interesting to see

if they do anything with this technology for a ride at Shanghai Disney.

• 1 month later...

A few photos, from several, posted at Disney & More, of ongoing Ratatouille construction.

ratatouilleWDS90.jpg.92477e3a712fcf2d2f2cd8ef6969908c.jpg

Over all look of how it's all going.

ratatouilleWDS91.jpg.0526566e9878d3a982e5302757e3fa05.jpg

A bit closer, taking in part of the new Gusteau's Restaurant.

Attraction entrance at the right.

ratatouilleWDS92.jpg.df2b0df57371fd73ea3832184f383771.jpg

This reminds me of Mary Poppins' 50th Anniversary (of the film) - Happy Birthday Mary!

Now it would just be nice if the rest of the Studios even came close to living up to this...

What, Armageddon didn't completely blow your mind?!

DLP's version of Rock N' Rollercoaster is by far the better one, though. I could ride that thing all day long and never get bored of it. The one in Orlando I max out at two, maybe three rides before I'm yawning.

^ Yeah, that preshow is pretty insane, haha. I just really prefer the energy of Paris'. Sure, the layouts are exact, but having the moving lights, strobes, etc is much more exciting to me than the occasional blacklight effect on (what looks like) cardboard.

Unless I'm missing something, DLP's Rock 'n' Roller Coaster might as well have not had a preshow...it took all of about five seconds and served no purpose at all.

In reality, I think I'm still just bitter that Steven Tyler doesn't do that weird counting thing with his hand on his forehead that he does in the DHS preshow.

Unless I'm missing something, DLP's Rock 'n' Roller Coaster might as well have not had a preshow...it took all of about five seconds . . .

You have now hit on why it's the best of the Rock'n'Roller Coaster pre-shows. The pre-show in Florida is pretty annoying after you've seen it once, and the crowd in the "studio" can usually recite all the dialogue because they've seen it so many times.

I'm not a fan of pre-shows at all especially on days when the park is empty and there is no line. It makes getting multiple rides in annoying when you have to wait 10+ minutes in between rides by the time you walk through the queue again, wait for the pre-show doors to open, watch the pre-show and then go to the station.

Unless I'm missing something, DLP's Rock 'n' Roller Coaster might as well have not had a preshow...it took all of about five seconds . . .

You have now hit on why it's the best of the Rock'n'Roller Coaster pre-shows. The pre-show in Florida is pretty annoying after you've seen it once, and the crowd in the "studio" can usually recite all the dialogue because they've seen it so many times.

Even if you have never seen it, it drags on for too long. Which is why DLP wins! Straightforward and right to the point.

Looking good! I hope this new addition has as wonderful a French Bakery as the Epcot France Pavilion does!

Ooo, didn't think of that! And of course the luscious pastries

will have a typical Disney spin on them - but not everything.

Croissants are....sacred.

I'm not a fan of pre-shows at all especially on days when the park is empty and there is no line. It makes getting multiple rides in annoying when you have to wait 10+ minutes in between rides by the time you walk through the queue again, wait for the pre-show doors to open, watch the pre-show and then go to the station.

Exactly, When there is a crowd it is no big deal for me. Maybe annoying for some but not having it wouldn't get you on the ride any faster. It is those days when there is no line it is a bummer.