TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What have you been hit in the head with?

zaneymon

-My brother once launched one of those metal lawn darts at my head. YAY concussion.

-A kid threw a book at my friend's head but she ducked and it hit me in the eye.

-One of my chinchillas sometimes like to launch herself at my head when she jumps out of her cage. Then she expects me to cuddle with her..silly girl.

-A cupboard.

-An assortment of balls..

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I was working at a golf course I was hit by a golf ball at short range. the guy was testing out his new driver, hit his ball at full strength and it hooked to the left and hit me on my back right side, between my ear and neck. hurt like hell too, but a few aspirin and I was okay later.

I got hit in the head with one of these while working at my dads work when I was 15.....

Not the truck..lol..the garbage container door. I was throwing some trash into the container when the door started shutting because of the wind. It had a thick bar to lock it that stuck out about a foot which hit my in the head. It left a pretty big gash in my head!

• 3 years later...

An 8 burger original George Foreman grill from 13 feet up. It was at the top of my closet at college (they were illegal on campus) and I was sitting on the floor cleaning. A neighbor slammed their door and it him on dead center on the top of my head. The impact cracked the grill and broke it, but nothing to me. After ice for 10 minutes only a tiny bump was left.

-Well my cousin once hit me in the head with the rubber grip part of a golf club(long story), concussions are fun! Oh and he almost killed me if it was the head.

-The normal stuff, footballs, soccer balls, basketballs, baseballs, and other objects that are normally associated with hitting people in their heads.

-Umm a couple fists

I'll try to remember some more later.

--Chris

A go kart.

And we're talking old-school ghetto go kart. No safety devices of any kind. Just 4 wheels, a seat, a steering wheel and an engine.

I flipped it over doing a powerslide and it rolled over me and hit me in the head. Luckily I got away with just a scalp cut. No stitches needed, but still a cool scar that you can see whenever I cut my hair short. It was probably a miracle that I wasn't killed on that one.

A tile floor (1st concussion ensued), a hatchback on a Jeep Grand Cherokee (concussion), a toliet (I passed out), a bath tub (passed out again - concussion), a baseball, a basketball, and the windshield of my Ford Ranger (shattered the windshied - concussion and a night in the hospital).

My head has taken way to many hits.

A concrete lintel in my cellar when I've been wearing my heels (I'm 5'5" and can normally walk under it.). Normally I bum about the house bare foot or in flip flops.

Someone's fist and it was a mistake!! I was walking across a nightclub dancefloor and a fight broke out between 2 fellas, one took a swipe at the other, missed and cracked me square on the forehead. I spent the rest of the night crying in the toilet with my friend holding an icepack on my head!

The obligatory getting out of my car!

And a patio door in Orlando

The basement of my house had ceiling tiles for the most part, but in one section they had been removed. Anyway when I was about 7, I saw a wire hanging from the ceiling. So me being a curious 7 year old, I pulled on it, I got a speaker in the face. It wasn't a speaker in a casing, just a metal speaker. I still have a scar on my eyebrow from it. Oh, and one time I got mad at my brother and threw a plastic cup at him, and he had to get staples in his head

At the end of drumline practice after school one day, I guess she wanted me to carry her sticks. I wasn't paying attention so I didn't know that she wanted me to. She thought it was a smart idea to throw one at me from across the basketball court.

I had a huge bump on the middle of my forehead for about a week.

Hockey puck, hockey sticks, about 4 right hooks, a spinning backfist, baseball that cause a lot of damage to my upper jaw, soccer ball, random walls, doorknobs, bed frames, Bettie Page carboard cut out, low roof on a minivan, dinner table...

Hmmm...clutz is an understatement and this really does explain a lot.

So what have I learned? Depth perception is your friend and that sports just aren't my gig in life.

From most severe to least:

Half a lifetime ago, I was climbing a rock face that required some horizontal shuffling along a ledge about 15ft off the ground. The ledge broke. I ate rock for 14 feet, landed on my feet to which I collapsed my knees, rolled backwards 3 times until coming to a sudden geological stop with my head. *TA-DA* (mild concussion).

More than half a lifetime ago, I slipped whist at school. I only remember coming to in the nurses office. (mild concussion and lost memory [Apparently I walked myself to the nurses office])

More than half a lifetime ago, I was playing goalkeeper in a schoolyard soccer game. I kicked the ball down field, but had slipped on the turf falling backwards and suffered a cut on the noggin due to sudden deceleration trauma caused by the ground. (3 stitches)

I refuse to admit to ever hitting my head on an operating ceiling fan. Nope, didn't happen IMHO. (Bruised ego)

Also quarter-sized hail hurts! (No damage)

When I was six years old I went to a Philadelphia Kicks game (Soccer) and I went to get cotton candy and the ball got kicked out of the rink into the stands then beaned me directly in the head.

My dad asked if there were some sort of compensation paid for this. They gave me an ice pack.

As a kid, mostly the ground. I was always falling off my bike or jumping off of a retaining wall then SMACK!!! That would explain some of my behavior nowadays...

The most recent incident that I remember being especially painful was a couple years ago on Mean Streak. I was in the last seat of the last car and leaned back while approaching the bottom of the first drop. I'm sure that what happened would be statistically rare, but it felt like someone hit the back of my head with a 2x4.