TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tony Hawks American Wasteland

Joe Cool

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the extras in the Collectors Edition according to IGN.

Collector's Edition Extras

Activision and Neversoft have put together a Collector's Edition of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland for the PlayStation 2. The packaging includes a unique slip cover for the case that features actual grip tape, and the disc and box itself feature different art than on the normal box. It's pretty cool from a visual standpoint, especially the grip tape slip cover.

Content-wise, the game includes two extra Classic mode levels (Atlanta and Marseilles), two extra secret characters, a bunch of concept art and a pretty cool documentary about that covers the game's creation. The two extra levels are both from past Tony Hawk games, and they're nice to see in the game, if only to relive classic moments of the past.

The best part of the Collector's Edition is the behind-the-scenes documentary. It features interviews with many of the folks from Neversoft, Tony Hawk, Tony Alva and more. It's put together pretty well and gives fans of the series good insight into the game's design. PS2 Tony Hawk fans have no reason not to pick up the Collector's Edition over the standard release as the documentary alone is cool.

You can read the full review here http://ps2.ign.com/articles/665/665666p1.html

We have every Tony Hawk game for the PS2 and I'll be buying this one too, but probably not for several months because I rarely buy a game at it's original price, I almost always wait for the price to drop (although I did pay $30 the other day for I Love Katamari, and it's worth every penny).

I like this game. It is does soooo much more for the series than those sub-par THUG games. The only thing I didn't like about American Wasteland was that it included BMX, which IMO, was poorly integrated into the game. If they used the same engine as Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX, it may have worked. Other than that, this one is definitely worth checking out if you're a fan of the orginal series (i.e. not THUG).