TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Retarted or Not?

Twister II

Was my mom right?  

1. 1. Was my mom right?

so just put it on at school. make your mom happy so she doesn't have to worry about you any more than she probably does already.

~Allison "Mama Allie has spoken" Y2K~

So, you're encouraging him to defy his parents? I guess its a good thing you aren't really a "mama"... IMO. If his mom says no that's it. I don't neccessarily agree with it but hey, that's where she drew the line.

What I would do is ask your mom what her problem with it is and try to work from there, you know, allow her to accept it or for you to accept her wishes. One of you will have to compromise.

Vote: the spelling is "retarted", the situation isn't

- Joe, who never really "got" the idea of dressing up and getting all pretty just to go sit in class all day

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your mother should have amde you go, anyway.

Ok, this morning while I was getting ready for school I decided to put eye make up on, or eye liner.

This isn't like this is the very first time. Ive wore eyeliner before, a week or so ago.

And when I get into the car to go to school, she says that she won't take me if I have eye makeup on. I respond with that Im not going then.

And she left, Im still at home, obvously not going to school.

Now was my mom right? or was it just stupidness?

There is also massive verb tense disagreement.

Also, no offense to anybody, but I'm not sure how the term "goth" is able to applied to fashion "style." "Goth" by historical definition has to do with the dark, macabre, or the bleak, I don't see the correlation between moroseness and eyeliner. :?

Yes, that is true, however, definitions change. Its simply a subculture. People that refer to themselves as gothic dont always dress the fashion (I usually dont). Here is a wikipedia definition of the gothic subculture... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goth There are other sources out there, just do a google search for goth or gothic subculture if your interested in more information.

Rob "Your neighborhood goth" D

Ok, this morning while I was getting ready for school I decided to put eye make up on, or eye liner.

This isn't like this is the very first time. Ive wore eyeliner before, a week or so ago.

And when I get into the car to go to school, she says that she won't take me if I have eye makeup on. I respond with that Im not going then.

yup, he rely needs to lern how to spel corectly. I sea horable mistaks just liek thes in every singl one of his posts. a fiften yer old shouldnt make mistaks like that.

Seriously, use a spell checker. It's not hard. btw, I think your mom was right.

Have you ever considered being an English teacher?

no i dont think she is right, after all it's your body and it's only eyeliner there are a lot of guys especially on tv that where it and a lot of them are hot for instance benji from good charlotte and joel and green day and orgy and many others so i dont see what the problem is

You know, usually I'd stay out of stuff like this, but ^^'s argument is kinda ridiculous. I always thought the point of wearing makeup, being goth/emo/outcast of society, whatever you wanna call it was to be different from everyone else, and yet your whole argument is "it's cool to do it cause everyone else does it."

Also, you forgot to mention these guys are all 20+ years old, make tons of money, live in thier own houses, important details like that.

My mom has never been one to crack down on what I wear (except occasionally letting me know her "opnion" on how low my pants were when I did the sagging thing. Which was just a nice way of telling me to pull them up), but if she told me I couldn't wear a shirt or something to school, then I wouldn't do it, purely because she's my mom, has put up with me for over 17 years, gave birth to me and has that right to do so. Of course, I'd still moan and complain about it all the way out the door, but that's another story.

it doesn't matter though it's his body and he should be able to exspress him self through a tiny bit of makeup if he wants,everyone is making a big deal about this, it's not like he's got a ton of piercings on his face and the stuff does wash off i should know i wear it everyday,if people couldn't show who they are by clothes,piercings,makeup etc than the world would be a little too boring and as for his mom she just simply needs to realize that this is 2005 not 1960 but no offence to her im sure she's just concerned

English

ex:

"It doesn't matter though, it's his body and he should be able to express himself through a tiny bit of makeup if he wants. Everybody is making a big deal about this. It's not like he's got a ton of piercings on his face and the stuff does wash off, I should know, I wear it everyday. If people couldn't show who they are by clothes, piercings, makeup ect., than the world would be a little too boring. As for his mom, she just simply needs to realize that this is 2005, not 1960. No offense to her, I'm sure she's just concerned."

I sided with your mom, heres why:

I have never had a problem doing what my parents asked of me, and always, for the most part, followed their rules. I have never "rebelled" against them because they have always rewarded me with their trust and letting me do things that I probably wouldn't get to do if I didn't do what they asked.

I think the problem with some of the so called "emo's" and "goth's" are that they are sad people, who's parents are/were not good parents, and didn't reward them, or do anything for them, and the other half of the emo/goth population have attention problems, and do not get enough attention from home, or their peers, or etc. If you cheered up and got some true friends who really liked you, and not just because your common trait is being sad all the time, or not getting enough attention, your life would be a lot better.

Besides, if you do little things for your mom now, be it not wearing eyeliner to school, or something else, you may get rewarded with a lot more attention and love from her. Your mom won't be around forever, and you only spend a little time of your life at home, and will have the rest of your life to express yourself in different ways!

I understand that all teens have somewhat of a rebellious period that they go through, all do, some more severe or intense than others, and thats normal, its just you can do things during that time that can hurt yourself and others, so just do little things for your mom, because I'm sure she loves you a lot more than you could know, and because of that it hurts her to see you being associated with dark and sad things!

Kroger8 wrote:

I think the problem with some of the so called "emo's" and "goth's" are that they are sad people, who's parents are/were not good parents, and didn't reward them, or do anything for them, and the other half of the emo/goth population have attention problems, and do not get enough attention from home, or their peers, or etc. If you cheered up and got some true friends who really liked you, and not just because your common trait is being sad all the time, or not getting enough attention, your life would be a lot better.

Holy shit. Have you ever taken the time to get to know a "goth" or are you just blatantly stereotyping? In high school, I had friends who were goths, jocks, videogamers, piercing junkies, bookworms, etc. Each little group has different types of people. It's completely ignorant and arrogant to say that goths are sad people with bad parents. Way to wrongly judge people. It's just an F-ing subculture that some people enjoy. It's about the music and the look.

As for everyone else saying that Twister II shouldn't be allowed to wear eyeliner: then nobody should be allowed to dye their hair or wear Abercrombie or wear K Swiss shoes. High school is about the only time in your life when one can experiment and try different styles. You can't walk into your job at an accounting firm with a pink mohawk. Let the friggin kids do their thing.