TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Retarted or Not?

Twister II

Was my mom right?  

1. 1. Was my mom right?

Ok, this morning while I was getting ready for school I decided to put eye make up on, or eye liner.

This isn't like this is the very first time. Ive wore eyeliner before, a week or so ago.

And when I get into the car to go to school, she says that she won't take me if I have eye makeup on. I respond with that Im not going then.

And she left, Im still at home, obvously not going to school.

Now was my mom right? or was it just stupidness?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your mom is probably just worried. My freshman year, I dyed my hair black, started wearing dark clothes, and began listening to "goth music". My mom finally cornered me and asked "Kip, are you worshipping the devil?"

Also, be very careful. High schools are like battle zones. I don't know anything about your school; but at mine, doing the "wrong thing" could get you beat down pretty quickly. It sucks, but that's the way it goes, I guess. Just be prepared to defend your freedom of style.

Your mom is probably worried for your safety or that you're just headed in the wrong direction. Either way, you need to do what feels right.

I don't think she was right, at then end of the day, it's not like you're hurting anybody by wearing eyeliner. But like Kip said, no doubt she's just worried, doing anything different can either get you in trouble, or lead you into the wrong crowd. If I were you I'd just sit her down later and tell her she has no need to worry, you won't get hurt because of it, and that this doesn't mean you're getting involved with the wrong crowd or anything, you're just trying something out for fun. If she understands that, she'll be fine with it.

I have to say though, I find it odd that she's willing for you to miss a day of school over this. :?

Your mom voted for Bush, didn't she?

LMFAO!!!! Oh lord, my sides hurt. Thank you Wally, from the bottom of my heart.

Anyway, while I agree with everybody that says you need to worry more about your education than what you are wearing, to an extent, that is irrelevant to what he's asking. Was it right for her to not take you to school because of it? No, not really. You should have some choice in what you wear. It's just different to her. I highly doubt there were guys wearing eyeliner to school back in her day.

It's quite immature, really. It comes down to the fact that yes, while you should be allowed to do so(even if it is slightly pointless), she is still your mom, and while you live with her I think doing little things to humor her, like not wearing makeup, shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Can this thread be locked? I mean really, I don't mean to copy wes here but...

www.livejournal.com

I agree that you need to concentrate on your education, however, being a goth myself, you need to stand up for what you believe, be that a fashion sense, your musical tastes, etc etc... I am a little surprised that she let you stay home, but more power to you for sticking up to what you want to do, especially your mother. But be careful, people have gotten expelled from school for stupid things like that. You should talk to her about it though. Make her understand why you want to dress like that. Having an open dialog with your parents often helps keep trust, especially as you get older. And like other people say, you arent hurting yourself, or anyone else. And i dont know where the stereotype that goths are devil worshipers came from... Hmmm

I got thrown out of the house for eyeliner and stuff at younger-than-normal "leave the nest" age.

Do what you want, but realize the potential consequences of your actions.

And pay more attention in spelling class!

(sorry.. the word is "retarded". "Retarted" means she has had small fruit pies re-installed in some fashion)

Maeryk

Where the hell did this goth crap come from? How does eyeliner = goth?

From what I've seen in pictures, he's far from your stereotypical "goth."

Also, no offense to anybody, but I'm not sure how the term "goth" is able to applied to fashion "style." "Goth" by historical definition has to do with the dark, macabre, or the bleak, I don't see the correlation between moroseness and eyeliner. :?

Also, unless you are obsessed with the dark, twisted, morose, sick & twisted, ect., it's ignorant to define yourself as "goth." If you are into those things, by all means use that adjective for yourself, but if not, please refrain.

I'm just making sure we're all properly educated in these terms. 8)

I dont like Goth, or boys who wear eye makeup...It is stupid.

Just go to school...and stop trying to be different...Get a damn education. Its not a fashion show

Wow, someone's having a case of the Mondays! Lighten and give people a friggin' break. It's hard to be so focused on your education when you are frustrated that you cannot express yourself the way you would like to. Been there, done that, got some issues resolved and went back to school. I find it much better for a person to "be different" than to be a clone of every other moron out there.

^^Hehe...Bigboy