TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ripped Off Disney things!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is Cedar Point attempting a Disney attraction. Lets just say that it was a failure. They took an existing ride, Avalance Run, and added a theme to make it Disaster Transport. Basically they were going for a Space Mountain type ride and got a piece of junk instead. The parks President has even stated on numerous occasions that it was one of the worst decisions he had ever made.

The pictures are from www.rcdb.com

disaster-transport2.jpg.7ee7ab057341e9dc93284b469582a4e1.jpg

Before

disaster-transport1.jpg.695ad1e45b5d1526a9bdbd88e97cd3c0.jpg

After

I think I'm one of the few people who actually LIKES Disaster Transport!

Seriously, I think I'd rather ride it over.....hmm....let's see....Iron Dragon, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Mean Streak, Corkscrew, Mantis, Jr. Gemini, Woodstock's Express, and possibly even Magnum! That's like 1/2 the park I'd rather ride Disaster Transport over!!!

--Robb "Welcome to Alaska" Alvey

I think I'm one of the few people who actually LIKES Disaster Transport!

Seriously, I think I'd rather ride it over.....hmm....let's see....Iron Dragon, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Mean Streak, Corkscrew, Mantis, Jr. Gemini, Woodstock's Express, and possibly even Magnum! That's like 1/2 the park I'd rather ride Disaster Transport over!!!

--Robb "Welcome to Alaska" Alvey

This is true, it is better than most of those rides, except Magnum. In that case I would ride it before half the rides at SFMM. The actual coaster is cool but the theme is just sad, it's nothing like a Disney ride experience.

OMG! Is Disaster Transport was at SFMM I'd rather ride it over.....

Revolution, Flashback, Colossus, Gold Rusher, Psyclone, Deja Vu, X, Viper, and the two kiddies!

--Robb "Disaster Transport would be a kick ass ride at SFMM!" Alvey

Revolution, Flashback, Colossus, Gold Rusher, Psyclone, Deja Vu, X, Viper, and the two kiddies!

--Robb "Disaster Transport would be a kick ass ride at SFMM!" Alvey

That sounds about right!!!

LOL

Actually, SFMM had Disaster Transport once (Sarajevo Bobsleds, 1984-1985) right where Psyclone was---it just didn't have the building around it.

BTW, our old bobsled ride is at SFoT as La Vibora.

Eric "Misses the Sarajevo Bobsleds" L.

If SFMM had Disaster Transport, it would be closed.

I like Disaster Transport too, so not all of you are alone here.

^ This is also true, everytime I have been to MM the board they have on the ticket window that tells which rides are closed is full or some of the rides that are closed don't even fit on the board because there are so many closed rides. I've also noticed that they don't play music in that park, at least when i've been there.

DT is actuially an awsome ride, even though half of the themeing you can pick up at your local party store. It's really fun for a bobsled, and I agree that it's better than about half the rides at CP. Me and my friend Harrison rode it 30 times straight this summer, and after a while the ride op's didn't make us get off the train!

Colin C