TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: WDW's AK, Epcot, and Chicken Little 11-13-05

Nice Pics! Yesterday was a busy day overall at WDW!

I braved the Super Soap Weekend at MGM just for fun. Those soap opera fanatics are quite insane. There was a huge line taking up all of star Tours outdoor queue for autograph fastpasses, meanwhile, Star Tours itself was a compelte walk-on (and I didn't even have to watch the preshow video!). The lines weren't bad for the rides (at 2pm-ish ToT was 25 mintues and RnRC was 40), but the walkways were quite crowded.

I then headed over to AK at about 3:15. You're right, it was crowded. I was disappointed how crowded it was the whole time I was there (until closing), only got in Dinosaur and...... Rafiki's Planet Watch?!??!?!

Epcot looked insane! I didn't head over there because I'm going to do Epcot in just a couple weeks and I hope Club Cool is open by then!

But..... I did head over to MK at 6pm. I was totally offput by the crowds (Space Mt was 60 minutes, but Stich was a 5 minute wait, qualify Stich as a flop please), but I stuck around and between 6-11 I was able to do Stich, Space, Buzz, Treehouse, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Splash, Thunder, Country Bears Xmasn, Small World, Snow White, Pooh, and.... Goofy's Barnstormer! I also caught Wishes. So, despite being scared off at first, I was able to deal with the crowds and have quite a pleasant night.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our original plan was to first go see Chicken Little, hit AK for about 2 hours (we did it in 90 mins), hit Epcot for a few more hours and finish off the day with MK. However, we did not get to Orlando until 12:30PM and after seeing how crowded the parks were we decided to go to Downtown Disney late afternoon and head home after the movie. We did get home around 10:30 that evening. It was a very nice time as the weather was very nice.

My only beef is, why is Lowenbrau the only beer available for sample in Germany!

Really, they only have Lowenbrau beer there? Damn, Disney told us they only have Beck´s beer there! That is to sad!

--Sören

They have several German beers there, its just they were only selling Lowenbrau at the little place we visited.

Great pictures! I was there on Friday (Veteran's Day). I got to see Everest in person and ride the AK rides for the first time. The park was pretty slow and we never had more than a 15-20 min. wait on anything.

We then went to Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival, which was great, but also extremely crowded. Afterwards was Test Track and Mission: Space, both of which were almost a walk-on. Magic Kingdom was packed before the fireworks, but empty afterwards, so we took advantage of that too.

It was a great day, though I have one question: Are both sides of Primeval Whirl the same thing?

Wow, I'm really blown away by the looks of Everest. It simply looks amazing! On the same level as DisneySea...I'm really looking forward to this one!

Thanks for the TR!

You know that was suppose to be in Long Beach, but Eisner pissed of LB. So they declined.

Great pictures! I was there on Friday (Veteran's Day). I got to see Everest in person and ride the AK rides for the first time. The park was pretty slow and we never had more than a 15-20 min. wait on anything.

I was there all last week on business (unfortnately, I did not get to the parks....stupid boss). I did swing by City Walk at Universal and Downtown Disney, neither seemed very crowded during the actual week.

In any case, great TR. EE is looking sweet!