TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

If you're wondering why Six Flags chose not to cover the phones that are seated in the headsets, I think a giant hint should be the fact that the experience is sponsored by Samsung, featuring the brand new GS7 devices.

The headsets are a special design just for Six Flags that locks the phone into the headsets (they also added the loopholes for the additional head straps) You cannot remove the phone without the device to remove the locking mechanism, thus barring a catastrophic failure of epic proportions, the phone isn't coming out.

The headsets are a special design just for Six Flags that locks the phone into the headsets (they also added the loopholes for the additional head straps) You cannot remove the phone without the device to remove the locking mechanism, thus barring a catastrophic failure of epic proportions, the phone isn't coming out.

I notice that they have also added several security cameras in the station to deter people from trying to steal the headsets or phones. Remember kids Big Brother is watching.

IMG_0208.jpg.fefb7aaa329e25731257144eb62d87ac.jpg

Hey, everyone. Just found out I'll be visiting your fair park on April 29th and wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1. How are crowds usually on a Friday?

2. Which rides, if any, have a SRL?

3. Any "can't miss" flats? (besides Justice League, Superman Tower of Power, and El Assadero)

Thanks in advance.

Hey, everyone. Just found out I'll be visiting your fair park on April 29th and wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1. How are crowds usually on a Friday?

2. Which rides, if any, have a SRL?

3. Any "can't miss" flats? (besides Justice League, Superman Tower of Power, and El Assadero)

Thanks in advance.

''

1. School Field Trip Day, usually busy until they start bouncing out.

2. Pando, Superman, JL, La ButtVibrator

3. Sky Screamer, Gold River Adventure (for the comedy aspect)

^ Busy enough that I'll need a flashpass? It's my only chance to visit the park and I'd like to hit everything. I don't mind shelling out for the flashpass, I just want an idea so I can start budgeting accordingly.

And thanks for answering the questions I already asked.

^ Busy enough that I'll need a flashpass? It's my only chance to visit the park and I'd like to hit everything. I don't mind shelling out for the flashpass, I just want an idea so I can start budgeting accordingly.

And thanks for answering the questions I already asked.

From my experience with SFOT or any park in the chain, a Friday in April can be easily busier than expected. I almost always buy a flash pass when I know it's a once in a life time (or long time) visit. I know money can be tight but it is an investment that has a great ROI in terms of experience. I would say just go without the pass and if you encounter lines you can always opt to buy one once in the park. No risk that way other than maybe having a bit of a wait at the Flash Pass building.

I would say just go without the pass and if you encounter lines you can always opt to buy one once in the park. No risk that way other than maybe having a bit of a wait at the Flash Pass building.

Yes, this will most likely be my course of action. Thanks for the advice.

A) Gear VR and Six Flags could have worked together to re-engineer the cover's latch or aimply have found a way to drill a set screw onto the cover.

B) Drill holes into the front of the VR. The inflow from the coaster's speed should cool them greatly. Not to mention they are cleaned after every use anyway.

True. I guess Six Flags just wasn't that worried about having the phones exposed. However, I do think it would look better if there were some kind of cover over the phones. But. . . Not the end of the world to me! As long as it is an awesome experience then I'm happy with it!

The primary reason there is no cover is so the phones can read the VR codes on the seat backs, kinda hard for a camera to pick those up when its covered.

I'll be visiting on Sunday the 20th. Have next to no experience with this park as this will be the second time I've went, but did purchase a season pass online as I'm only 2.5 hours away and this is my new home park. Looking forward to trying the VR on Shockwave assuming I can get a ride time for it. Hoping the place won't be too crowded it's supposed to be 60 and sunny with a 10 to 20mph wind. I have however budgeted for a gold or platinum flash pass. Assuming crowds won't be insane and that park policy doesn't consider 20mph sustained winds are too high if they hold steady.

At my old home park, cedar point, gusts of 30mph or so have shut down raptor depending on wind direction. Sfot is a pretty big downgrade from cedar point, but I'm hoping they'll build a new coaster soon. I'll definitely be making it to cedar point later this year to try out valravyn though.

Obviously no one knows how busy it'll be on any given day, but does anyone from the area that visits often have a general idea of crowd levels in the park at the end of spring break? I'm guessing the cooler weather and wind might play a factor but can't be for sure, only been down in the south for two years.

Either way I'm sure I'll have thoughts on Shockwave if I can secure a ride time and am definitely looking forward to new texas giant again.

Just came from the park. Let me start by saying I like the new virtual reality Shockwave.

This adds a whole new dimension to the ride and it works way better than I imagined.

I also took a few photos of the construction going on behind Sky Screamer.

IMG343.thumb.jpg.af51587d6a3f34971759224480dae29c.jpg

I managed to ride once before it closed

IMG342.thumb.jpg.8de268f9b1f3190c7cce6a5e994fbff4.jpg

Meanwhile construction continues on Riddler Revenge.

IMG341.thumb.jpg.5ff3c2b37575af700196a15b91d69c6a.jpg

These, I assume, are Catwoman parts

IMG340.thumb.jpg.98a8bc486408a1e401775b5572d9a8d7.jpg

More Catwoman parts?

IMG338.thumb.jpg.9bf163cae636565cd5c59275382c0bed.jpg

Harley Quinn looking good

IMG344.thumb.jpg.5eea6c5ffcbe49250f309d6928f32547.jpg

They've added covers over the Justice League queue!!!

IMG345.thumb.jpg.3f9c7a7411b87e0f4b6bcc971339eb7d.jpg

Cyborg is sporting two black arm bands and his belt light still doesn't work.

Although I haven't ridden this one I did do the Season Pass Holders preview on Dare Devil Dive at SFOG on the 12th and was in the first 20 to ride and still had just over an hour wait. The ride was fun but next time we go both my wife and I agree we will not do the VR again. I wish SF would be a little more careful about the content as first and foremost from what I have seen here is that Shockwave and Dare Devil Dive don't differ much as far as the video and both land on the carrier the wrong way. Also in this one they had Air Force personnel there because as it was stated that this was a fighter pilot video. Well the Air Force does not fly off carriers. Just a little nit picky and most riders who know nothing of the military will never know about those mistakes. I will reserve my opinion on this ride until I ride it later this year as I will all the VR coasters in the US. But after DDD at SFOG I would rather be able to enjoy the ride without the VR. I get more of a thrill without. VR is not a bad idea and was enjoyable but I like DDD better without. Just sayin.

Although I haven't ridden this one I did do the Season Pass Holders preview on Dare Devil Dive at SFOG on the 12th and was in the first 20 to ride and still had just over an hour wait. The ride was fun but next time we go both my wife and I agree we will not do the VR again. I wish SF would be a little more careful about the content as first and foremost from what I have seen here is that Shockwave and Dare Devil Dive don't differ much as far as the video and both land on the carrier the wrong way. Also in this one they had Air Force personnel there because as it was stated that this was a fighter pilot video. Well the Air Force does not fly off carriers. Just a little nit picky and most riders who know nothing of the military will never know about those mistakes. I will reserve my opinion on this ride until I ride it later this year as I will all the VR coasters in the US. But after DDD at SFOG I would rather be able to enjoy the ride without the VR. I get more of a thrill without. VR is not a bad idea and was enjoyable but I like DDD better without. Just sayin.

Last time I checked we also have never had an Alien Attack on Earth either. I don't think your reasoning is good enough not to enjoy this technology on this ride. It's fun and thrilling all at the same time. Who cares if the "workers" in the hangar never move or that the jets land the wrong way on the carrier, just enjoy the ride.

....Well the Air Force does not fly off carriers. Just a little nit picky and most riders who know nothing of the military will never know about those mistakes....

I'm with Adam on this one. This is virtual sc-fi and has not been marketed as anything other than such. Most people won't give two thoughts about which direction a plane takes off or lands, it's meant to be fun. Thus far the overwhelming majority of the public, even many of those who were on the fence, have really enjoyed it.

It's ok to be a traditionalist, there is nothing wrong with that. I'm glad that you are at least giving it a shot, it's better to have tried something than to have not and have no basis for an opinion. The park gives everyone the option to ride without, those under 13 have no option, it's an automatic without for safety reasons.

Each version of the New Revolution will be somewhat different but the base of the storyline will be the same. The Superman version should be really cool.

Went to SFOT Friday, rode Shockwave with the new VR Revoloution which this past weekend was only open to season pass holders and it was awesome! Kinda had to cut the trip short due to unseasonly cold weather which later forced the ride to close. Rode Justice League, we got into the station then it broke down again, but opened back up quickly. Reminder, people from all over will be descending on Dallas/ Ft.Worth next week for Wrestlemania weekend. A list of activities include Wrestlemania Axxess starting Thurs March 31-April 3. Then the WWE Hall Of Fame ceremony will be Sat April 2 at American Airlines Center, with Wrestlemania held on Sunday April 3, then Monday Night Raw live from The AAC Monday April 4. So just a warning for anyone planning to visit Six Flags, and it will also be Bring a friend free so it will be super busy with lots of traffic. So if anyone braves the wrestling and Six Flags traffic and makes a trip I would like to know how it goes. I will be participating in some of the festivities, oh and Texas Rangers will be opening their season on Monday in Arlington.