TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

p. 416 - Fire and Ice Festival announced!

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nitro’s description says that too. Six Flags is just dumb.

Wow, Six Flags. All of those things are really great.   We really are living in a fantasy world...

Six Flags Over Texas Introduces Fire and Ice Winter Festival All-New Shows, $19.61 Admission, and Saturday Fireworks Highlight Special Winter Event through February 28 ARLINGTON, Texas — Jan

Posted Images

If you planned on going to the park to ride NTAG or SkyScream, you'll want to revise your plans. Both rides were damaged during Thursday's severe storms that saw straight line winds hitting 100mph in the Arlington area and ripped a roof off a college dorm. A few miles North where I am we only saw 85mph winds. :/

Flying trees, not cows, made there way across the area.

Okay I have a question since I just found out that I'm coming from wichita to here for my birthday on the thirteenth. I am a bit obese and was wondering if I will fit in Texas giant, I fit in BM rides and the gerstlauer spinners, I saw on. Video about the death that the ride was for 180pd riders but I am 200 and 5'7. I'm just wondering. I also fit in outlaw run and the gci trains

I also had another question I forgot to put up there, do they let you choose seats now, because last I heard they had one line and the trains slowly moved through the station and you got on where the line ended.

If you planned on going to the park to ride NTAG or SkyScream, you'll want to revise your plans. Both rides were damaged during Thursday's severe storms that saw straight line winds hitting 100mph in the Arlington area and ripped a roof off a college dorm. A few miles North where I am we only saw 85mph winds. :/

Flying trees, not cows, made there way across the area.

That's nasty. Any details?

I also had another question I forgot to put up there, do they let you choose seats now, because last I heard they had one line and the trains slowly moved through the station and you got on where the line ended.

It has more to do with your bodies shape than it does your weight. If you have large thighs or a REALLY big belly then you probably cant go on. If you don't fit those two categories your fine.

I believe that was a test a few years ago that failed. When I rode it last December, we were able to choose where we wanted to sit. And unless they changed their policy, single riders are not allowed in the last row of any coaster.

It has more to do with your bodies shape than it does your weight. If you have large thighs or a REALLY big belly then you probably cant go on. If you don't fit those two categories your fine.

My thighs are of a decent size not big but they can squish quite a bit lol

My thighs are of a decent size not big but they can squish quite a bit lol

It really is hit-and miss regarding whether the restraint will "lock" into place. Without actually physically trying the test seat (or the real deal) it's hard to say. I would hazard a guess, however, that if you fit pretty comfortably in the Gerstlaur spinner coasters (e.g. Pandemonium) you're probably going to fit NTAG.

I'm 5'8 and 170. Ive never had trouble fitting in a coaster. You should be fine.

Okay good, I just didn't know if the gerstlauer trains were more restrictive than the RMC ones. Last thing, doesn't it have a shin bar

Edit- never mind, I found that it does

Okay good, I just didn't know if the gerstlauer trains were more restrictive than the RMC ones. Last thing, doesn't it have a shin bar

Edit- never mind, I found that it does

The front row of each car has shin guards; the back rows do not.

Sorry for yet another wuestion, I should've added them all to the first one

So what kind of crowds should I expect on a December saturday. Fair, decent, busy, light ,or dead.