TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P.. 420: Pirates of Speelunker Cave announced for 2022!

The North Texas Municipal Water District has announced water restrictions to be in place starting June 1st. While the fountain is nice and cools things down a tad in the summer, it's better to be conservative. SFOT shut down Freeze voluntarily during the heat wave a while back to conserve electric and do their part in helping to prevent brownouts during high electric usage. So if their reason is to conserve water, I applaud them. The sign is out for refurbishment and should be back at some point.
Thanks. That helped answer my question.

Another reason why parks need to add solar panels/Wind fans to their properties.

Adding wind fans and solar panels must be made compulsary.. It will decrease the electricity bill and provide a great source of clean energy generation.

Edited by DerrickFrench

If anyone is going to the park soon and you happen to go go ride Titan. I'm curious to know if Titan has added seat belts since Goliath (its Twin) at SFMM did recently. It could just be a California thing.

Ryan I'll let you know, as long as titan is running saturday.

Titan does have seatbelts

That is just dumb of six flags. Titan or Goliath did not need to add seat belts. They already killed the ride by stopping us completly on the mid brakes.

I honestly dont blame them for putting seat belts on Titan. After the accident this past summer, SFOT is going to have to go to great lengths to prove themselves to the GP again. A lot of people dont feel safe to come to the park again, let alone ride the rides. Making them feel safe again is top priority.

I am convinced that all the coaster should have seat belts

I disagree. It doesn't make much sense to add an unnecessary restraint that will lower capacity.

For some of the guests it'll make them feel safer and gives SF an easier way to defend a death lawsuit in the future by having 2 restraints instead of one. It's much cheaper to add seat belts to all the trains, then one single lawsuit due to another death would cost. I think it really sucks, but it's all about liability.

We went on the night before Thanksgiving. Titan struggled to open and for the entire time we were there (pretty much open to close) it wasn't open. In line for Texas Giant, I saw them run empties. I heard other people talk about a line waiting on it to open and park staff saying it might open soon. I don't think it ever did. If so, it was very short lived. It was butt cold and so I wonder if temps might have had something to do with it. We are supposed to be going with my kids' Boy Scouts on Saturday but forecast is not looking good. Even more butt cold than last week and precip with it.

I have mixed emotions on the seatbelts. For me, NO! I love that moment of feeling like I am floating out of my seat on the that one spot after the second dip. For my son, the lap bar doesn't touch his lap and he's 54 inches tall. It seems like it should go down more. It isn't as bad in the front seat of each car, but still it doesn't touch his legs. He's been fine, and the ride ops assured me he was safe. They asked him to stand up and he couldn't. He rides it all of the time. I heard another mom say the same thing. It's a peace of mind thing I guess. It's all psychology. Titan in 90% positive G's, so it's less airtime and more like you're becoming one with your seat. Highly unlikely anyone's gonna come out it.

I've been thinking: as they have added seat belts to rides like goliath, fullthrottle and titan which have nothing to do with RMC or Gerstlauer does anyone think they will also add them to coasters like B&M hypers at their other parks? I mean, I suppose it wouldn't be more surprising than putting them in the premiers. Didn't Nitro at SFGAd originally have seat belts?

I honestly dont blame them for putting seat belts on Titan. After the accident this past summer, SFOT is going to have to go to great lengths to prove themselves to the GP again. A lot of people dont feel safe to come to the park again, let alone ride the rides. Making them feel safe again is top priority.

It's amazing how people react to one accident in a theme park while fatal accidents occur on roads and freeways every single day. If people are too scared to visit SFOT, they should be so mortified by the sight of a car or a road that they can't ever look out a window.

But I think seat belt have more to do with Six Flags being able to afford insurance after the accident. Adding seat belts to rides could bring those premiums down way more than what it cost to install them. Somehow I doubt there's a huge word of mouth effort to get out how the rides are now perfectly safe because they have seat belts. People will always be paranoid and ignorant about coasters, but insurance companies take the addition of seat belts pretty seriously.