TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P.. 420: Pirates of Speelunker Cave announced for 2022!

Plenty of room for the green lantern wing rider. Go from flashback to where the strip mall is. Isn't there a vacant bumper car building too? I thought xflight had a small footprint

We need to compare the old flashback site and the strip mall area to see if xflight or another winged rider footprint

Plenty of room for the green lantern wing rider. Go from flashback to where the strip mall is. Isn't there a vacant bumper car building too? I thought xflight had a small footprint

We need to compare the old flashback site and the strip mall area to see if xflight or another winged rider footprint

If not a winged rider maybe a recycled stand up or flying coaster.

Sorry guys I meant,compare flashbacks old footprint plus the strip mall to xflights footprint to see if it will fit

I have already done some comparisons on Google earth. Believe it or not, a pretty decent sized coaster could fit in the Flashback, bumper car building, and the strip mall area.

I did come comparisons last year. I'll post the image again -

The yellow is Dare Devil Dive, the pink is Huracan (Belantis) and the white is Wild-Svinet (Bon Bon Land).

I would ride in this order.

New Texas Giant (NTAG)

Titan

Shockwave

Superman - Tower of Power

Runaway Mine Train/ Mini Mine Train.

Mr Freeze

Batman

Skyscreamer

Judge Roy Scream

Pandimonium

Runaway Mountain

La Vibora

PS- If you can't handle a standard size swing ride (Gunslinger), then you're better off staying away from Texas Skyscreamer.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind as the dates get closer. Is your list put together by any type of system like going in a big circle of the park or anything rather than trekking back and forth all day?

I suppose I could handle the swing rides, I rode it hundreds of times, I just always had an irrational day dream of sorts about falling into the pond they had next to it or my shoes falling in the pond and having to go shoeless the rest of the day.

Any input on my other questions?

New Texas Giant (NTAG)

Titan

Shockwave

Mr Freeze

Batman

Skyscreamer

Judge Roy Scream

Pandimonium

Runaway Mountain

La Vibora

PS- If you can't handle a standard size swing ride (Gunslinger), then you're better off staying away from Texas Skyscreamer.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind as the dates get closer. Is your list put together by any type of system like going in a big circle of the park or anything rather than trekking back and forth all day?

I suppose I could handle the swing rides, I rode it hundreds of times, I just always had an irrational day dream of sorts about falling into the pond they had next to it or my shoes falling in the pond and having to go shoeless the rest of the day.

As far as Flash pass, I personally never use it. NTAG is only included on the Platinum pass, and even then only 1 ride per day. Weekends are always crowded, it's better to go on a Monday or Tuesday if possible. Flash pass would best be used for rides like Batman and Mr Freeze. As I said, you need Platinum for 1 ride on the New Texas Giant- which for me isn't worth it. Titan is a high capacity coaster with a fast moving line. Even on a crowded day I've never waited longer than 30 mins to ride the Titan, which makes Flash pass seem redundant.

Single riders are welcome on any ride in the park. Pandimonium even has a single rider line.

My system is a clockwise circumference of the park. I start with rides which are likely to draw the most patrons. NTAG is the most popular ride right now. Getting to it early will reduce wait time. If you get there when the park opens, head straight for it followed by Titan. This way you can get quick rides on both before lines form. The rest of the rides are done in a clockwise circle of the park.

This will allow you to hit rides like Superman and Mr Freeze whilst other guests are queing for NTAG and Titan. Judge Roy Scream is almost always a walk on, so it doesn't really matter when you ride it.

Edited by Sportsdude360

New Texas Giant (NTAG)

Titan

Shockwave

Mr Freeze

Batman

Skyscreamer

Judge Roy Scream

Pandimonium

Runaway Mountain

La Vibora

I start from the entrance (6:00 on a clock) and go counter clockwise. I used to go clockwise.

Actualy, you can now ride NTAG more then once with a platinum flash pass. However, once you have rode you must take the flash pass device back to the reservation center so they can re-set the device so you can ride NTAG again. You must do that process every time if you choose to ride it more then once in a day.

Actually, I would say if the line is at the entrance of NTAG, its probably an 1.5 to 2 hrs wait. I have been on the ride multiple times where the line is right near train tracks and still waited around 45 minutes to an 1 hr. It really just depends on the flash pass person letting people up the station. To many times they don't feel up the station and let trains go empty.

Thought I'd share this...

I received this email on Friday. I apparently won a contest for the first time in my life, but I couldn't accept the prize because we ended up planning our trip for the following weekend and it would have been impossible to drive to Arlington two weekends in a row.

SFOTphoto.thumb.PNG.bf6f13e1a909cf81b14e55dda1d78006.PNG

So, you were selected to be a guinea pig for this thing were you. Probably, a good thing you couldn't make it. I'm guessing that if the test subjects, I mean, first riders survive, then they'll start allowing regular park patrons on this thing.