TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Rode a 150-foot-tall version at SFDK. Managed to not soil my Underoos, but only just barely. The odds I'll ever ride this are about 1 in several hundred million. But it does look great!

By that, do you mean that you're afraid to ride TSS? Or that you're unable to visit SFOT all together. If a 150ft "kiddy" swing scares you, then I would definitely stay off the 400ft Texas Skyscreamer. For that matter, anyone suffering from acrophobia should avoid TSS entirely.

^Oh, I love SFOT, and will be visiting it again and again till the day I die. LOVE this park. But as much as I've gotten over a pretty severe case of acrophobia (Windseeker helped that happen), those little chairs, 400 feet up? No, thank you. I'll just go ride NTAG again, or something.

Not everyone is going to enjoy a ride like Sky Screamer. They're kind of a "family" thrill ride (like Windseekers, but a bit more unnerving). Personally, I think they're fun, but I have no touble believing that someone else might not like them.
I can understand that not everyone will enjoy the ride, But "family" thrill ride? In my opinion I wouldn't consider a 400 foot tall ride to be a family thrill ride. Yes, some family's will ride it, but when I went on gold pass day there were a lot of older folks who look terrified of the ride. I mean its the tallest ride in park history, towering over everything.

Oh, hell no.

I don't think that SFOT would have enough alcohol that could unravel my nerves in order to ride that thing. Windseeker and the Star Flyer at the CNE and Fantasy Island (both only about 100-130 feet) were more than tall enough for me to almost make me crap my pants!

I'm planning on going on the 8th. Can you give me tips for the park? Also is Shock Wave operating cause the website says its closed?

Being as June 8th is a Saturday and most schools in the surrounding area are now out for the year I would highly advise saving my pennies for a Gold Pass, it will be worth it. That being said, if you do get a GP, haul over to NTAG first thing or wait until 2-3 hours before park closing to let the line die down. If you don't get the pass, be prepared to wait for the majors >60 minutes. It will get hot in the day, so Mr. Freeze will be your friend as it's ice cold this year. Shockwave is currently closed.

This ride, and other Star Flyers this high are easily the scariest rides in the world to me. I think they look gorgeous. But having a one bolt connection at the top of each swing just freaks me out. I liked the look of the one that was built at St Louis, where each swing shares chains. Sure it's absolutely safe, but add in the height, and I want lots of chains and lots of connections between the chair and the tower.

Can we start working on replacing all the worthless Windseekers with these rides like, asap?

Couldn't agree more. You have no idea how mad I am Cedar Fair chose Mondial over Fun Time. Just imagine a swing of this size on the shore of Lake Erie. Heaven

I'm planning on going on the 8th. Can you give me tips for the park? Also is Shock Wave operating cause the website says its closed?

Being as June 8th is a Saturday and most schools in the surrounding area are now out for the year I would highly advise saving my pennies for a Gold Pass, it will be worth it. That being said, if you do get a GP, haul over to NTAG first thing or wait until 2-3 hours before park closing to let the line die down. If you don't get the pass, be prepared to wait for the majors >60 minutes. It will get hot in the day, so Mr. Freeze will be your friend as it's ice cold this year. Shockwave is currently closed.

Gold Pass is a given. We also have Discover Credit cards so we can get 5% off (Not spam, The Truth.)

Gold Pass is a given. We also have Discover Credit cards so we can get 5% off (Not spam, The Truth.)

A positive note about this day though is that many of the DFW high schools have graduation on this day, as well as ACT testing for many high school juniors... so it may be just a little less crowded than a typical Saturday in June.

It would appear that Texas Skyscreamer has garnered international fame. Mostly due to this guy's histronics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV5vOT6238U

I really appreciated Google's translation of the first video's title: "Which you put in your pants, or ride?"

As for Shock Wave I have no idea why it's closed. I noticed it was empty when I drove by Memorial Day. I wouldn't think it's the yearly track rehab, as thats typically done at the end/beginning of the season...