TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P.. 420: Pirates of Speelunker Cave announced for 2022!

This is how all rides should go from now on. It's more entertaining this way than dismantling.

It will be great to see this skyline change.

I agree! All tower rides need to go this way!

Definitely--let 'em go out Texas style, in a blaze of glory! Yee haw!

Not bad. That was awfully close to the entry road though, the slightest miscalculation and they would have a disaster on their hands.

A disaster being that some metal hit the road?

So does this make Texas 2-for-2 in imploding their towers when they're done with them?

I mean a disaster as in falling too far to the right. That thing narrowly missed the park fence as it is.

Am I the only one who is sad that they removed Flashback before they brought the tower down?

The could have engineered it to hit Flashback right between the lifts. Or better yet, blown up Flashback about 10 seconds before they brought the Chute Out down on top of it.

All maliciousness aside, it is sad, I rode Texas Chute Out the first time the year it opened.

Am I the only one who is sad that they removed Flashback before they brought the tower down?

The could have engineered it to hit Flashback right between the lifts. Or better yet, blown up Flashback about 10 seconds before they brought the Chute Out down on top of it.

Certainly not. I'm not a fan of Vekoma Boomerangs either.

All maliciousness aside, it is sad, I rode Texas Chute Out the first time the year it opened.

I was thinking the same thing. It would have been prettty cool to drop it on Flashback.

How many of these parachute rides are left? Was this one SBNO for awhile? I vaguely remember riding the one at Knotts when I was a kid. I would like to ride a parachute ride as an adult to see what its like before they are all gone.

How many of these parachute rides are left? Was this one SBNO for awhile? I vaguely remember riding the one at Knotts when I was a kid. I would like to ride a parachute ride as an adult to see what its like before they are all gone.

As far as I know, there SFGADVs a few in Japan (Idk if those are TOGO knockoffs) and some Chinese Knockoffs in China.

I went to the park yesterday for only two and half hours. Got in a few coasters in. I already used my Gold Pass for next year to get the FREE parking. I think the park looks good with some of the theming for Fright Fest.

I'm not sure when this started but I noticed on NTAG, Titan, and Shockwave that they started to tell you to put all items in colored bins. I don't remember this happening earlier this year or making a big deal about it. They always had an area for drinks but now they have them color coded by which train you are on and they allow you put all of your stuff. I'm kind of wondering if SFOT got rid of there locker policy. Unless, I just never noticed the color coding system before. ( I was trying out a new video camera that takes pics, why they look gritty)

100_0020.JPG.67af041c039a3e040b53dd1845d38982.JPG

This was the bins at Shockwave.

100_0019.JPG.6bc221f49449adb88b9dcaf23ade36ca.JPG

I love that SFOT is putting money into Shockwave to make it look better

As far as I know, there SFGADVs a few in Japan (Idk if those are TOGO knockoffs) and some Chinese Knockoffs in China.

I'm pretty sure that LaQua's parachute tower was made by Intamin.

You also have the "children's" parachute towers built at Disney's California Adventure, Tokyo DisneySea, Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland.

I went to the park yesterday for only two and half hours. Got in a few coasters in. I already used my Gold Pass for next year to get the FREE parking. I think the park looks good with some of the theming for Fright Fest.

I'm not sure when this started but I noticed on NTAG, Titan, and Shockwave that they started to tell you to put all items in colored bins. I don't remember this happening earlier this year or making a big deal about it. They always had an area for drinks but now they have them color coded by which train you are on and they allow you put all of your stuff. I'm kind of wondering if SFOT got rid of there fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo policy. Unless, I just never noticed the color coding system before. ( I was trying out a new video camera that takes pics, why they look gritty)

[attachment=1]100_0020.JPG[/attachment]

Shock Wave was never part of the Locker Policy, and SFoT did away with that policy in 201. Most Big rides have a place for drinks on top and things on bottom.

Shock Wave was never part of the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo Policy, and SFoT did away with that policy in 201. Most Big rides have a place for drinks on top and things on bottom.

I did not remember them saying to use the bins earlier this season when I was there. So I guess I just did not notice it.