TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I am new to these forums, glad to be here amongst fellow coaster enthusiasts! I live in the Dallas area and will be attending the opening of the the New Texas Giant on April 22. Hope to see all of you there!!!

For those who are interested, I've been coming to SFOT since 1972. I have many fond memories of the Big Bend before it was removed. I was among the first people to ride Shockwave when it was first completed in 1978. I rode Judge Roy Scream during it's inaugural season. And yes, I rode Texas Giant during it's first weekend of operation back in 1990. I have ridden The Giant many times since, too many to count.

I was saddened when the Giant started to become too rough to ride in it's later years. During it's first years of operation it was an unbelievable ride! Full of intensity, but not rough at all. Sadly, time has taken it's toll on the once legendary Giant. I was overjoyed when I heard about the rehab, but skeptical too. The idea of a steel/wood hybrid was something I hadn't counted on. But I always keep an open mind, so I was thrilled to hear the first reviews were overwhelmingly positive. Now I will be amongst the first to ride this new thrill machine when it opens to the public on April 22. I am soooo looking forward to this! Hope to see you there!!!Top

I saw this on Vimeo the other day. http://vimeo.com/21412628 (don't know how to embed this type of video)

I wonder where this person got the b-roll footage, taken from the commercial shoot... Anyways, this makes NTG look so awesome. I need to go and ride it when it opens. Looks insane. On the reverse POV's you can just see the airtime.

Says it's password protected. Is there one? I can't view it.

As for our other Six Flags park in Texas, I would rather see a complete overhaul of Rattler than see a new attraction. Although there aren't many, Fiesta Texas has some nice coasters: Superman, Polty, and Goliath. Rattler is a beautiful ride to look at but boring as heck! A well-thought-out plan for track work to get a little speed back on it would be great.

I to belive that Rattler need to be transform. Like make it like it did in 1992 when it had the longest drop, and change the trains.

I think it will in 2012 for Fiesta Texas 20th.

Thanks.

I just rode the Rattler last weekend (after the 4th redo I think). It was sooo much better the 1st year or two. Although they did brace up the run from 2nd drop to the helix, so no more wiggles......................I have ideas to eliminate the boring-azz mid-ride helix if anyone wants to listen.............lol

I saw this on Vimeo the other day. http://vimeo.com/21412628 (don't know how to embed this type of video)

I wonder where this person got the b-roll footage, taken from the commercial shoot... Anyways, this makes NTG look so awesome. I need to go and ride it when it opens. Looks insane. On the reverse POV's you can just see the airtime.

Did anyone happen to download this video when it was still public?

Did anyone happen to download this video when it was still public?

If I'm not mistaken... This should be the exact (but a lot less quality..) video that was posted. Even if it isn't the same video, it's still offers some great footage.

Yes, this is the same video footage, just instead of screaming riders, we have techno for the audio. (for what it's worth, the audio ended when the video switched to the reverse POV on-train shots, cause they used cameras without mics for that part) It was all raw sound. From what I understand, they had mics set up on the train to record that they were planning to use for the "real" sound anyway...

Also the quality is definitely inferior to the original post.

ipad ran out of juice 30 seconds into video, and cant get video on work computer (dang!) but saw enough to know May 14th can not get here fast enough.

Robb thank you for putting the NTG Bash together! Looking forward to meeting everyone.