TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

p. 416 - Fire and Ice Festival announced!

It snowed 12 inches on the Thursday before the All Star game and the park was closed all weekend except for Monday for cleanup and downed trees. The weather in North Texas at this time of year makes it awfully risky to rush through a short off season when the it may be a dud.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"unfortunately"   Seriously. . WTF is wrong with you ??

Nitro’s description says that too. Six Flags is just dumb.

I don’t entirely understand why this is getting so much publicity and so many questions surrounding it as if there aren’t 15 other states with no mask mandates including many states that have Six Flag

Posted Images

A video of a full-train test run was shown at the Winterfest ACE event. I think they mentioned it should be online soon. Not many updates beyond that.

And to briefly skip back to another topic, similar to the weather when Six Flags opened for the All-Star game, the metroplex is currently experiencing some more horrid winter weather just in time for the Super Bowl. I'm sure the park is glad it stayed closed.

It's snowing like crazy here in DFW today. The engineers probably won't be working on the Giant today. Blizzard for our standards. Stuck at work though, Equinox doesn't close ever. Hopefully someone can get down to the park to take pics of the Giant in the snow. Would look really pretty today. Everything is white.

Its hard to see whats going on speed-wise after the MCBR, (except for that tilted air hill, which is looking tasty), but the first half is looking like it has insane speed and insane air.

It will forever be the New San Francisco Giant to me as I pretty much shun everything Texas.

Why yes, you've made that perfectly clear numerous times... Why you do such for a truly awesome state is still a mystery.

I was not really a fan of the trains until I saw this video - now I think they look great. I'm also waiting for a certain Mr. Alvey to get out there to shoot us some very professional video of this monster!