TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

The queue for the giant is currently at three hours and the park just opened!! Giant opened about ten minutes after ten, the other rides have very short queue's. Talked to one of the security supervisors, they fully expect a full line by noon.

Edited by chadster

I wish I could be there but I have to work today, got to go play on this thing, "maybe some one could come visit me?"

DSCF0642vv2.thumb.jpg.cd7610fb0fb9754a952f4f4e98ea3f48.jpg

don't you love old stuffs

I hope we can see some more photos of the ride, hopefully the wait of doom doesn't kill any one, also try to ride in all of the trains each is quite different ride delivery "and license plates" Blue was hauling the most @$$ yesterday in my opinion.

Just hopped in line for the first time today. All the other rides in the park were walk ons so far with max wait of 15 mins. About half of the switchbacks are not in use on NTAG atm. I predict about 1.5 hours...ill update when I get there. The only negative comment I heard was from a guy who says his favorite ride is Judge Roy Scream back row cause it shakes so hard. Someone put him in a paint mixer please! :-/

90 minutes seems to be the average wait today...they only let about 2the trains worth of people in the station at a time, so back row was walk-on at that point. I saw a phone or two in the ground under the track, evidence of a disbelieving rider

the only stacking I saw was actually my ride...there was a slow guest holding up the dispatch of the train in front of us, but it pulled out just as the 3rd train pulled in behind us.

In other news, I didn't get royally pinned down by the. ops! Makes me wonder if I was an exception or not...

But since you answered that part of the question, here's the second part: on a brand-new coaster, would/could RMC do a complete turn-key project (survey, design, construction, etc) or would you just be the construction portion of the project, leaving the layout design, theming, etc to other groups? I think I read somewhere that Alan Shilke of Ride Centerline LLC designed the layout of NTAG.

Also, I've noticed that topper track seems to be implemented (so far) by parks on just the roughest parts of their woodies. How does it ride compared to the wood track? Is there a noticeable difference when the train goes from wood to topper and back?

Sorry for the slow response...I'm in Michigan installing a Whitewater structure at Michigan's Adventure. I've been thinking about your ? today while working and I believe I'll answer your ? this way.... Yes, stay tuned!!! This is a Fully Capable Turn Key Company.

As for the Topper Track ? ... please take the time to visit our website. http://WWW.rockymtnconstruction.com, and view our Topper Track install and test ride video. This should give you a pretty good idea. Watch specifically the POV of the transition from wood to Topper Track..... the camera smoothes way out. In all honesty ... the difference between tracks in that short 80 ft section is what sold me on representing Rocky Mountain Construction. It was undeniably going to evolve the wooden coaster as we know it. I had to be a part of it!

^Needless to say, you guys have to be thrilled by the reviews and reactions so far of NTAG!!

Absolutely without. A doubt!!! .... But it really takes people such as TPR members and Acers along with other groups such as yours to fully understand the transformation that has occurred here. This is a resurrection of a 20 year old wooden structure brought back to life and can now remain for many years to come. With the strength of this track, it has so significantly reduced the beating of the wooden structure there's no reason to believe that NTAG won't be around for many more generations to enjoy.

T

Man....you made me sound like a sales guy there.... wth??

TreeDog, I too would like to offer my most heart felt congratulations on this maginificent ride. I just got home from SFOT where I took 5 more rides on NTG!!! Each ride seems better than the last and I just can't get enough of this incredible coaster!!! What's more, everyone I rode with was completely blown away by The New Giant, calling it the best ride they've ever been on.

I'm so fortunate to live in the Dallas area, and I have a season pass to SFOT! I will be able to ride this as many times as I wish during the year!! I feel like the TNTG and I are becoming best friends!!!

My hat's off to everyone at RMC for creating a truly world class ride!!!!

I got there around 10 minutes after opening and headed straight to Giant. Line wasn't that bad, maybe around 50 minutes. But after my one ride the line was filling up at a decent rate, as was the park in general. Ride was running great! Mist was in all 3 tunnels so you tend to get a little wet during the ride.

So excited about the possibility of colosus getting this. It can easily be the best woodie in California if they do anything at all similar to this. I tend to prefer wood to steel, but cant put a woodie in my #1(termys my #4) because I've never really ridden a truly exceptional woodie. I would put Ghostrider opening season as my #1 coaster of all time, but over time... we all know what happened. I want to thank everyone involved at Rocky Mountain Coasters for this awesome innovation in the coaster industry. May our favorite rides be resurrected to their former glory.

So no Flames so far?

They weren't there yesterday.

Every time I got off the NTG, there was a supervisor at the end of the exit ramp, pushing the ride pictures. Every time I encountered a new one, I would ask about the rumors of flames, etc, and they all basically confirmed that flames will be there eventually, it just took longer to get the permits, as the fire marshal was (understandably) a bit leery of putting fire next to a wooden coaster.

On that note, apparently the oil derrick from (Bizarro I believe?) wouldn't fit at SFOT for some reason, so they had a new one custom made, and just pulled the flame units.

So excited about the possibility of colosus getting this. It can easily be the best woodie in California if they do anything at all similar to this. I tend to prefer wood to steel, but cant put a woodie in my #1(termys my #4) because I've never really ridden a truly exceptional woodie. I would put Ghostrider opening season as my #1 coaster of all time, but over time... we all know what happened. I want to thank everyone involved at Rocky Mountain Coasters for this awesome innovation in the coaster industry. May our favorite rides be resurrected to their former glory.

If you haven't ridden Colossus since it's latest rehab, you need to. It's running great. I especially like the right side (going up the lift hill). It's the best ride I've had from this old woodie.

So no Flames so far?

They weren't there yesterday.

Every time I got off the NTAG, there was a supervisor at the end of the exit ramp, pushing the ride pictures. Every time I encountered a new one, I would ask about the rumors of flames, etc, and they all basically confirmed that flames will be there eventually, it just took longer to get the permits, as the fire marshal was (understandably) a bit leery of putting fire next to a wooden coaster.

On that note, apparently the oil derrick from (Bizarro I believe?) wouldn't fit at SFOT for some reason, so they had a new one custom made, and just pulled the flame units.

Oh ok cool. Hopefully its soon. Im going on the 7th and that would be amazing to see. I noticed in the b-roll footage from face book they had a Fake flame coming out at the second overbank. I kinda chuckled.