TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

NTAG is available on th Plat pass, one ride only, and you will be given a time to ride when you pick up the pass....

If that is true, i know what i will be investing in this weekend. Even one ride this weekend would be so worth the cost of the FP.

So where does the "A" in NTAG come from?

AWESOME!!!!! AMAZING!!!! AIRTIME-FILLED!!!

Honestly, I have no idea. I mentioned it that every time I saw N-T-G I read it as "NTAG" in my head, and it's probably because that "NTAG" is easier to say than "N-T-G", so I just started saying it, and it kind of stuck....

Edited by robbalvey

So those who are at the park today, how are the lines? Was the overflow queue needed? They were planning to try to push over 1000 per hour though the lines. Was the fog working in the tunnels? I bet it makes the lights look even better.

-GG

Thank you TPR.

For your patience your enthusiasm and your support through this project.

We're glad you're enjoying this new experience, and we look forward to all of your reviews.

If there are any questions I can answer, please feel free to ask.

Respectfully,

Toby Garcia

Rocky Mountain Construction

Sales

Interesting comment about stapling. I didn't notice the signs, but they did staple my son pretty hard, digging into his legs. They reset it, did it good, and a guy came by and again dug into his legs. We had to complain again.. The bars seemed to have a pointed bottom, not flat, so it would dig pretty good.

My bar was pretty loose once, and I damn near stood up on the pre midcourse hill, which is insane. I like the fact that the insane air is short, not sustained and painful like T Express.

A great coaster, but I think it will be around 5 on the polls. The last half is a little weak. Although it has yet to deliver night time summer rides, so who knows how crazy it will get.

R

There was one lady working mainly the left side when I was there who stapled pretty well. You could always use the leg/push out fat gut (I'm also an Acer, so this works well for me trick to keep it from going down too hard (I want to clarify, this is to prevent STAPLING, not space between the lap bar and you). The other ride ops were VERY lax on stapling, but they got to know us riding and probably trusted our judgement. Thats also a great thing with ERT and groups like TPR, the know we are not going to be idiots and give us a little more flexibility. The signs did mention some strict guidelines about where the restraints had to fit and where your legs had to be (I think Robb posted a pic of the sign in the Media Day Thread - which mentions you need TWO OR MORE legs). I did see one guy unable to ride because he was apparently too long and skinny. The ejector air on this thing is VERY strong, the saddle horns on the seats are appropriate, it feels like you are being bucked off a horse over and over! Without a seatbeat as a backup, I would imagine the ride ops will be trained to push down pretty hard on the GP. The sign states that if you try to prevent the restraints from touching where they should you will be ejected from the park...

Another reason they may press down harder is because the hydraulics on these restraints require a bit more force than others, the ride ops often had to change position and use their legs to pull them down when a passenger hadn't already. I heard one op state that they were sore after the first day of operating it.

-GG

P.S. I just realized I repeated a lot of what Texcoaster said, someohow I missed his post earlier. Oh well

Edited by GuruGuys

Thank you TPR.

We're glad you're enjoying this new experience, and we look forward to all of your reviews.

Respectfully,

Toby Garcia

Sales

Sales eh? What other leads do you have? Which other parks are going to adapt to Iron Horse? j/k. The ride is great! The 30 rides I had on it yesterday were not enough, can't wait for TPR Bash now! I hope we see the Rattler with more Topper Track next year, maybe the entire thing!?!

-GG

Edited by GuruGuys

Thank you TPR.

Respectfully,

Toby Garcia

Sales

You are welcome Toby! We look forward to supporting you guys on this project and hopefully many others to come in the near future!

--Robb

Well, once Knott's admits that there is something wrong with Ghostrider, hopefully it will be next.

Of course, with all that Airtime, Knott's would probably put OTSR's on it.

Glad to hear/see how awesome it is. Hoping to get out and ride it in June.

I wonder about how Iron Horse will be used for the future. I'm not sure if RMC and new parks will want to use existing structure much, that structure moves, isn't always where it is supposed to be on the blueprints in the first place, etc. I think future projects may be new coasters entirely, and topper track would be more of what would be used on Rattler/Ghostrider to 'preserve' and old woodie. In addition to the construction issues when renovating an old woodie, Texcoaster made an interesting point yesterday noticing that NTAG is shorter length and taller height, but finished about the same speed as the old TG maybe even a bit slower. The top speeds still haven't even been published (maybe because they are not much more than the old?) The drag, etc, on the new trains/track seems to be much greater, it may not even be possible to refurbish a coaster with iron horse without drastic redesign?

-GG

Robb, was showing my brother the video, and when you were counting the airtime moments, he caught up lifting yourself up on a few of them...He's been riding with me to know that I am guilty of that. The ride itself looks looking insane, all that air...oh goodness me...all that air.

I can attest that depending on where you sit and the ride you get, you can get anywhere from 8-12 solid moments of air with usually 2-3 of them being very quick floater, without lifting yourself up at all. There were times where the S-turn hill did nothing much of all, and other better rides where I got a bit of lateral and floater. I usually sit with my legs crossed at my ankles to prevent me from having my feet touch the floor at all.

-GG

Thank you TPR.

Respectfully,

Toby Garcia

Sales

No, No thank you sir. This is great that a company offers this service to park operators. In a sense it breathes new life into these wooden coasters that are aging and "not as great as they once were." Thanks to Rocky Mountain, they can relive their glory days of being great rides.

I'm also curious as to the line, crowds, and weather today. All of you people there now, stop riding and report back to us!

I didn't go today but a number of people posted comments on SFoT's official Facebook page which made the lines sound to be about an hour long. Of course this was earlier in the day, when most were still in school (or work).

The line was 2.5 hours this morning, according to the queue sign, starting at Yosemite SAMs ride. It didn't open until 10:30. Good ole Six Flags.

The rest of the park was dead at first. But by noon, lines were long. Of course Shock Wave and Judge weren't opening until 1 or so. More classic Six Flags.

I did witness some Flash Passers going in at the bottom of the station stairs.

-R

The top speeds still haven't even been published (maybe because they are not much more than the old?) The drag, etc, on the new trains/track seems to be much greater, it may not even be possible to refurbish a coaster with iron horse without drastic redesign?

-GG

GG.... Actually, I think you'd be interested to know that in a typical wooden coaster it takes 3 ft of rise to 100 ft of run with regards to the track for the effects of gravity to make the train move involuntary. Our newly designed flat steel track accomplishes the same movement with only 6 inches of rise to the same 100 ft of run. Hence the drag is significantly reduced in this new system. I believe what you may have felt is extra grease in the bearings. Contrary to some peoples hopes or wishes.... Lol... grease to slow things down is a good thing! Coasters are designed to run within certain specifications as so not to hurt anyone. If this ride, as probably others were allowed to run unrestricted.... well.. we may have seen Robb in his video get completely ejected and land in the theater next door.

T

Edited by robbalvey

Weather is great! A bit warm, but its tx. My phone says it's 88 degrees right now. I can't speak to NTAG lines, as I just rode it once, immediately when the park opened. The ride ops seem to on their game all across the park, as all the lines moved pretty quickly. Im pretty new to trip reports, so I don't know what you'll want to know, but ask and ill answer as best I can!

I rode it today! Really Kickbutt ride, cant wait to get out and do it again. The line was about 2.5 hours, but there was only on bullpen section (inside the chapperall cars old station, and it had AC) and offered a great view most of the time and wasn't to bad.

The Ride of course was great, I haven't seen anyone mention that the second rave tunnel was misted? Felt great to cool down it. Everything else I want to say has already been said.

My only complaint was, about an hour into it, the cycled all three trains twice, empty, anyone know a possible reason for this?

Edited by Austin55