TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

That just looks......AMAZING! Those turns are just plain SICK! And the sound it makes....AWESOME!

Is this the future of wood coasters? Because if it is, I like it!

I hope that it becomes a solution for parks with wooden coasters that have become rough and nearly unridable (like Mean Streak) so that they can make the layout more exciting and market it as a new attraction.

Only 3 more full days! Who else is going on Friday?

Media day is on Thursday so we might get some more early reviews before it opens to the public on Friday!

BTW, l'll be there on Friday, bright and early! I plan to be the first person through the gate!!

I'll be there Thursday morning for a few hours for media day. I'll hopefully be able to provide reviews at some point. I'm driving up from Austin Wednesday night, but I have a banquet to attend Thursday night and a test Friday, so I probably won't be able to get a review posted until Thursday evening.

BTW, l'll be there on Friday, bright and early! I plan to be the first person through the gate!!

You and everyone else haha! I'll just settle for trying to be on it in the 1st hour of operation hehe

Yeah, but you can do it. I would say a more reasonable goal is to be on the first train out. Although that still means hundreds rode it before you.

I sucessfully was on the first train out on Batman at SFGAm. And that was without even seeing a test train go to understand just what the hell the coaster did. Talk about a mind-blowing ride.

I'll be posting updates at some point later this week...

-R

You and everyone else haha! I'll just settle for trying to be on it in the 1st hour of operation hehe

Considering the fact that everyone and his donkey will be making a bee line for this ride the minute the park gates open, you might have to settle for being on during the first 5 hours of operation!

I was there for the first opening of the Texas Giant 21 years ago, I think we were in the 30th car to go up.

My plan is to be there friday morning too.

When the Giant first opened I believe they let Season Pass holders get in earlier to ride it, but it's been a while. I guess they won't do that this time.

Thanks to all for the informative and helpful posts. See ya'll friday!

Same as always: Who can run the fastest without really running enough to get in trouble by the person with the rope, yet getting far enough ahead that when all hell breaks loose, and chaos ensues, you are in the head of the pack, and successfully run to the entrance.

Ahhhh, good times.

-RO

I'm starting to wonder how many are going to be there. They handed out a lot on Facebook today. Also wondering how long it lasts . It starts God awful early, that's for sure. Does the internet even work at 4 AM?

-RO

There will be plenty of folks on hand! You can count on it!