TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Either way, the wait is over, April 22 is the big day. Super excited here, cause I was already planning on being at the park that day.

In the flaspass topic, I got one when I was there on the 5th, and it had 2 major perks for me.

1) I spent the entire day there, and spent maybe, -maybe- 2 hours in line total all day. And most of that was for rides while waiting on the flashpass to "mature" on another ride.

2) When the park first opened, pretty much all the big rides were still in testing, and unavailable to reserve via flashpasss, so the ride op for Titan let flashpass holders jump ship from the regular line to the flashpass line, and go 1st, scoring me the opportunity to be on the 1st (publicly accessible anyway) Titan train of the season. Geeky, I know, but I was excited by it, haha

I got invited to the commercial shoot! I'm so excited! Can't wait until Thursday morning

I'm uber jealous! But happy for you none the less. Okay, so if they let you, take a camera of course and get us some pictures! Or even better some off ride video of the bad boy in action. I'd check with them to make sure it's okay first though, just so you don't ruffle any feathers. Hopefully you get to ride (I'm assuming that's the case!) and we'll be waiting for a full report even if you don't get any pictures.

Congratulations, have fun, and we can't wait to hear back about your experience!

KC

I was going to apply, but I can't make it that day. I was wondering if they'd let us ride though. When I was at the park opening day, they were still missing some of the catwalks it appeared. Would they run the ride before it can be thoroughly inspected? I hope they do, but I'm not sure. Why else would they wait a month and a half to open the ride?

If they do, definitely take pictures and videos if they allow you to

I truly cannot get over how insanely AWESOME the New Texas Giant looks!! I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that it rides as great as it looks, because it'd be nice for parks to have an option to breathe life into an otherwise badly aging woodie (Mean Streak, anyone?).

The first drop looks simply sick. And those overbanks and wildly twisted hills look equally amazing.

Looking forward to hearing reports from those lucky enough to ride it!