TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

They tested a full train yesterday "January 20th" right now if you go the the Texas giant page http://www.sixflags.com/overTexas/rides/TexasGiant.aspx and look at the web cam, on slide 31 you can see a full train coming out of the 3rd turn, since it is not seen in any other slides I would assume it was a success or it flew off the track some were after the photo.

I could see making an argument that a coaster done up in 100% Topper Track could be a steelie, but what about those that are wood for most of the layout but have TT for a few 'trouble spots'?

If the end result is that they create a kick A$$ coaster out of it, why does it even matter?

Obviously, it doesn't really matter except to things like Mitch Hawker's poll (which is what made me think of this in the first place) and folks like me who have their personal ride lists split between wood and steel.

They tested a full train yesterday "January 20th" right now if you go the the Texas giant page http://www.sixflags.com/overTexas/rides/TexasGiant.aspx and look at the web cam, on slide 31 you can see a full train coming out of the 3rd turn, since it is not seen in any other slides I would assume it was a success or it flew off the track some were after the photo.

I saw that. Looks like the front two cars are full of water dummies and the rest are empty.

The airtime on that drop looks amazing in the back seat.

I just cannot stop chuckling at this post. Really?? The back row is only three from the front in the video. Haha. I should assume you mean with a full train it ought to be amazing.

It almost like saying "the back on wildcat at Cedar Point is great! Way better than the front!". Sorry if I'm coming off like a jerk. I'm not trying to. I just got a kick out of that with the tiny little train.

Edited by Zingoman

^how do you have a 6th row on a two car train with only two rows each? I think we may be having some confusion in lingo here.

Ultra twister had a tight drop in relation to the size of the car. Of course it was better in back. The same can be said of perilous plunge at knott's, or maverick. Tight elements on short ride units. Giant's drop is not so abrupt, especially with such a short train.

^haha. Sweet mula! I need to do mine asap! Taxes trump tpr anyway.

Back to another post I'm too lazy to quote, that does look like maybe two tunnels but maybe they just haven't connected them yet. Seems pointless to make two like that but voyage does it too and that's cool so who knows?

The airtime on that drop looks amazing in the back seat.

I just cannot stop chuckling at this post. Really?? The back row is only three from the front in the video. Haha. I should assume you mean with a full train it ought to be amazing.

It almost like saying "the back on wildcat at Cedar Point is great! Way better than the front!". Sorry if I'm coming off like a jerk. I'm not trying to. I just got a kick out of that with the tiny little train.

LMAO I almost pissed myself at work here. Hilarious! Especially the wildcat part lol.

The only thing that would have made that awesome video from the chopper better is if they had lucked out and caught a test train. Awesome video, makes the ride look even better with views we haven't really seen before. Great fine, thanks for sharing!

Since there's no official SFOT thread, I'll just ask this here. Why isn't SFOT open Super Bowl weekend? Wouldn't they be losing out on a lot of revenue from people looking for something to do on the days leading up to it? It's supposed to be 50-60 degrees on the weekend, which isn't incredibly cold, but they did open for NBA All-Star weekend last year, which was around the same time.

I ask because I have friends going to the game, but are heading down on Thursday, and looking for things to do. Since they will be staying within walking distance, I said why not Six Flags? But I just looked on their site and saw they're closed. Unless it's because of some kind of possible security issue, it doesn't make sense to me, especially considering they went out of their way last year to open for an event significantly smaller than the Super Bowl.

Since there's no official SFOT thread, I'll just ask this here. Why isn't SFOT open Super Bowl weekend? Wouldn't they be losing out on a lot of revenue from people looking for something to do on the days leading up to it? It's supposed to be 50-60 degrees on the weekend, which isn't incredibly cold, but they did open for NBA All-Star weekend last year, which was around the same time.

I ask because I have friends going to the game, but are heading down on Thursday, and looking for things to do. Since they will be staying within walking distance, I said why not Six Flags? But I just looked on their site and saw they're closed. Unless it's because of some kind of possible security issue, it doesn't make sense to me, especially considering they went out of their way last year to open for an event significantly smaller than the Super Bowl.

The park is currently in their off-season. They aren't going to open the park for one weekend, it doesn't work that way.