TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

They realized. They gave credit. The guy who posted the pics had no idea you guys would even care.

Soo... Sorry.

Just soo you know, it is expected for internet sites that borrow photos, to give credit to where they got the photo. I don't know any legit publication that thinks it is okay to show another person's work without referencing where they got it.

*Credit to TPR because they're so ubsessed*

Well, at least he edited it at some point to credit us...

On Topic: Does anyone remember the aerial photo someone edited every so often to show progress with different colors? I'd like to get a better idea of the progress thus far, if he/she wouldn't mind.

Edited by mightbeawannabe

There were a few things I was hoping for in the 50th anniversary as well; a return of the Spee- lunkers, bringing back the original theming (waterfall) and repairing much of the existing theming on the Mine Train, some enhancements to the Log Flumes, SOMETHING in Ft. St, Louis (France) (Can we say perhaps an awesome re imagining of Skull Island?)

BUT- this TG overhaul is a pretty big helping of AWESOME- I can't WAIT!

Great idea ! I do miss the cave, and all the people in that house on the mine train before that drop ... lol. I remember the spindle top, i was terrified to ride it as a child ... but it looked fun. I miss the Spinnaker as well ... SFOT is still cool, but it has lost alot of its charm over the years.

^Sorry, I'm not taking any credit for that photo. I didn't even know it was from coastercon I saw someone post it on coaster gallerys facebook and wanted to put it on here

There fixed!

Saw this photo and thought it was a cool angle

(I didn't take this photo all credit goes to CoasterCon.com)

http://www.coastercon.com/html/giant_c_16.html

It looks like they may have made some of the airtime hills in "that which we do not mention" more compact. I don't ever remember a dive that steep in the magic carpet section.

This is a screencap from an old POV on YouTube. Looks a little different in the current version, but not enough to drastically change it, IMHO.

ALSO, those old POVs prove that you really can't get a feel for a ride from a video. Lordy, the carpet looks tame in this vid. We all know it was anything but!

1503142740_Screenshot2010-12-04at1_12_45AM.jpg.34aa64ff708d23f3aefe7300020f77a0.jpg

Ground-level drop right at the beginning of the carpet

Hey, someone called for that layout graphic? I haven't posted one because I like to see what's been done in person so I know I'm not putting anything inaccurate on it, but the last few photos that have surfaced over the past month have lead me to keep up to some degree. I don't claim this is all that has been done, but this is all that's been confirmed as of last weekend.

1670499999_37TexasGiantrefurbdemoNovember27TPR.png.08cb2e78ec574c5f3690d63b64310daa.png

The Webcam looks to be showing those gaps are now closed up so the only real section in question is the drop off the midcourse now. I'll post a new one for this weekend tomorrow because I'll be at the park today!

Oh, and the photos over at coastercon I'm pretty sure are being taken by Tim Baldwin from ACE and yes, he has access to the site. Lucky guy!