TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I was just looking at pictures of the trains again, and noticed that the entire front of the train is actually a zero car like you see on a B&M coaster. I figured with the crazy transitions it would have trailored cars but thought the lead car was one solid piece (with just the front wheels on a seperate axis) until now. Anyone else notice it before? Look carefully at this photo in front of the lap bars. http://coastercon.com/html/giant_c_46.html

Edited by Zingoman

I was cycling through the pics on that site (and there are some great ones!) and ran up on this:

http://coastercon.com/html/giant_c_11.html

Probably just a bad angle, but the lift hill looks like it's about to fall over sideways.

Hehe for a second I thought "When did they build that crazy looking hill on the right?"

Then I realised it was Titan....

Edited by viking86

Woah! That's the first I've seen of the seats on he train. What's with the side windows? Are the supports really that close that they feel the need to box us in? It reminds me of the horse blinders on American Eagle. I'm really looking forward to this ride more than any other in a long time.

* Nevermind, I jumped back to page 104 of the thread for full discussion of the windows.

Again I really really really hope this thing is a HUGE success so that other ageing giant wooden coasters out there have the opportunity to get re-designed and re born. I mean the besides the fact that the drop is taller and steeper and the ride will hopefully be smoothed out the new layout/design looks incredible. It looks like whoever designed it has actually ridden a lot of coasters and designed in some great elements like the double up and the airtime hill and the low to the ground tight steep turns. I think the new layout looks as unique and aggressive as any coaster layout in the world.

I don't know what I more excited about the new Texas Giant or the possibility of a new Mean Streak/Son of Beast/Rattler etc etc. If Son of Beast gets rebuilt with this kind of drop and unique layout it could easily be the top 10 coaster that it never was.

Holy Eff! This looks freaking insane! I will definitely have to make a trip back to Arlington and check this baby out once it opens up.

Jimmy "Hopefully this ride won't suck as much as the Rangers in the World Series" Bo

While I hope this re-fab (not a re-furb) is a success, I reserve opinion on future wood coaster modifications.

I am a wood coaster enthusiast first and foremost, but not necessarily a purist. I appreciate what Intamin accomplished with the "plug and play" design (my true definition of "hybrid coaster") but what if Texas Giant was re-tracked by what I opine as the best in the business: Martin & Vleminckx?

I will patiently wait to see what happens when NTG opens up. In the meantime I will gladly accept wagers now on how long it takes before Six Flags starts to half-ass the theming.

Ultimately I may not like the redesign decision, but I truly do hope it succeeds (no Rush Limbaugh am I.)

I will patiently wait to see what happens when NTG opens up. In the meantime I will gladly accept wagers now on how long it takes before Six Flags starts to half-A$$ the theming.

In all fairness, theming is condsiderably better at SFoT versus the average SF park.

OMG.....that first picture looks so unreal and SCREAMS airtime. I'll be completely amazed if this thing doesn't get a huge re-profile job shortly after it opens.

By the way, is it just me or does it look like that track isn't even connected to the ledgers? Maybe its just the way the picture was taken but it sure looks like it ain't touching.