TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I will also be heading out to the park today and try to get some pictures, ill try and get some unusual shots like from the Shockwave and Titan lifts.

that is kind of a no no man. Taking photos on rides is against park policy and posting pictures on TPR that were taken from rides without permission will get you in a bit of trouble. Just a heads up.

QFT - Obey park rules

Edited by larrygator

So it looks like the first overbanked turn is done:

And the double helix has officially been replaced with a very tight low-to-the-ground turn under the helix that looks to be equally insane:

I couldn't get any aerial shots as the Tower was closed due to high winds. I endured an insane number of people both at the park and at the nearby Texas Rangers stadium with the World Series game going on. Hope you people enjoy the update! There are a few more pictures here.

Was at SFoT today for the first time while on a trip we had won down to Dallas... The park was wonderful, clean and beautiful. I only rode Titan and Shockwave which were both O.K. Titan was exactly how I expected, fun but nothing to exciting and Shockwave was nothing like SFoG's Mindbender (which is much more fun).

Park was very, very busy today though. We only stayed for a few hours before we headed over to the Fort Worth Zoo (incredible, more fun than SFOT... seriously!).

Now on topic... Texas Giant looks incredible in person. It is sad it may be a LONG time before I get to ride it, but what a ride it will be for that park. Looks excellent. I really wish Mean Streak would get the same treatment.

Hey Brandon R, I wonder if we ran by each other today by chance... I was walking around with a large camera (white lens). Tall, curley headed guy with my girlfriend. Saw plenty of people with camera's, but just wondering if one of them was you.

Can't wait to see a POV of the new TG though.. Looks so good. Sadly, I never got to ride the original!

Hey Brandon R, I wonder if we ran by each other today by chance... I was walking around with a large camera (white lens). Tall, curley headed guy with my girlfriend. Saw plenty of people with camera's, but just wondering if one of them was you.

Can't wait to see a POV of the new TG though.. Looks so good. Sadly, I never got to ride the original!

Did you have a really long lens, and did your girlfriend also have a camera? If so, yeah I think I probably did see you.

I'm sorry you had to visit the park on such a terrible day, as it was the most crowded I've seen it in a loooong time. I basically took my pictures and got the hell out of there as quickly as possible! I can assure you the park is much more pleasant when it's not jam-packed and the rides don't have ridiculously-long lines (but the Fort Worth zoo is really awesome too).

I will also be heading out to the park today and try to get some pictures, ill try and get some unusual shots like from the Shockwave and Titan lifts.

that is kind of a no no man. Taking photos on rides is against park policy and posting pictures on TPR that were taken from rides without permission will get you in a bit of trouble. Just a heads up.

QFT - Obey park rules

its not against park rules if your dad works with Maintenance ill have to go up there sometime during the rehab, it was too crowded Saturday!

^No kidding?? Well why haven't you taken advantage of this privilege yet?? You could be giving everyone the angles the rest of us can't share! Please post some shots! I'm tired of posting pics from the same spots over and over and over and not being able to take shots from Titan where you can really see the action. However I did get some new angles (Tower was open dispite some pretty strong winds) and I'll try to post ASAP. Till then here is the graphic and W W there is a lot of track installed!

1006656734_33TexasGiantrefurbdemoOctober31tpr.png.3c8956879fcf05759de0b2f67cd4ac04.png

^No kidding?? Well why haven't you taken advantage of this privilege yet?? You could be giving everyone the angles the rest of us can't share! Please post some shots! I'm tired of posting pics from the same spots over and over and over and not being able to take shots from Titan where you can really see the action.

Well once they finish construction, ill be able to most likely be able to walk around on the job site and see everything. I'm a senior in high school and i don't really want to wake up at like 4 to go with my dad to work. (although i have done that before and have walked the Texas Giant track before opening ) But I'm going tomorrow to watch and maybe help my dad remove the trains from Batman and Mr. Freeze as they're now closed for the season for rehab. ill bring my camera and see if i can get up the Titan lift and snap some shots. (they're going to Adjust the MCBR again)

The only thing that sucks is he wont even tell me whats in plan for the Texas Giant!(I do know he knows more than we do though.)

Did you have a really long lens, and did your girlfriend also have a camera? If so, yeah I think I probably did see you.

Yep, that was me and her!

It was a terrible day, especially when we only had a few hours to really do what we could. We had to cram quite a bit in our time down there. Park was insane crowd wise, but at least we still got to ride Titan, haha. It was the only thing I *really* wanted to ride. Not much else excited me and I am not a credit whore, so it doesn't bother me. Beautiful park though, wish I had more time (and less crowd). But wow, Texas Giant looks incredible... So jealous of that one!

I should have some photos from this trip up later this week though, including some from the Southwest Headquarter Halloween Party we attended. It was such a blast, once and a lifetime experience that is for sure!

its not against park rules if your dad works with Maintenance ill have to go up there sometime during the rehab, it was too crowded Saturday!

If you are taking the photos while safely secured to the lift hill during the a maintenance check please provide a picture of this, also. Not only would that make for an interesting photo, but this way TPR knows you are not taking photos while on rides. Theme Park Review works closely with the parks to ensure that rules are followed. TPR can not condone unsafe practices.

Edited by larrygator

A few days behind here but I finally got my shots from Sunday afternoon ready for everyone. I do apologize, I have a crummy camera and I got there at a tough time of day for good lighting. Oh well! Enjoy!

tpr1.png.81b7ae1e3f7935d2e1f895e6dac29571.png

For anyone who didn't catch it on facebook here is Six Flags support for the Rangers. Sad they lost but SF Giant will be good fun!

tpr2.jpg.e4265c52313936b7a748ae83ee849c58.jpg

not much has changed in the strange ledger department over here where the old helix is shifting from inside to out on the old structure

tpr3.jpg.60591e2e011ce4761b5fba848eaeab86.jpg

you can see they closed up the gap after the first drop where they were running the crane through to get into the old helix area.

tpr4.jpg.2f5f10b5a349a52519ef94adfcbc70eb.jpg

They still need to get one leg of track in back there but you can see the approach to the low turn. Looks crazy!

tpr5.jpg.697633d4e0a958ce34638740a6aa7b47.jpg

Here you can see the crazy airtime that will surely be coming on the new approach into the old helix section.

tpr6.jpg.fbd57756104ff25bc67c13ec6e129cbe.jpg

Here is a more head on look at the drop into the old helix from the train station.

tpr7.png.9c7ecb643fd26a5b5be3298be03efc7e.png

And the wildest shot I got is the approach to the turn under the lift. How bizzar does that look? Very excited!

tpr8.jpg.890dd0bebf75a3bd8b32689414375d2e.jpg

and finally here are the ledgers in the "that which we do not speak of" section.

Edited by ernierocker