TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

This may have been answered before, but is there any rhyme or reason as to what order the track is placed in? Is it just what order the pieces come from the manufacturer, or does it have to do with cost, or something else?

A lot of times it has to do with where the construction vehicles need to be or get to. And those pieces, or the "more difficult pieces" are done first with the easier ones done later.

--Robb

I am pretty sure the Coney Island Cyclone jumps the track on several occasions. No one could convince me otherwise. Oh and here is this thing , so everyone knows I am kidding. But that ride was nuts when I rode it. I am also convinced the Texas Cyclone changed track laterally.

^ Because you did not supply a for the second half of your statement I am taking you seriously, and will now proceed to inform you that a ride jumping tracks laterally is just not possible. I am now of the opinion that you are an inferior being and can go forth into the world with my head held high becuase I know what side friction and upstop wheels are for, and you do not.

P.S.

Kennywood's Racer also jumps tracks. It's the only logical explanation for why it switches sides. I'm convinced that's what 50% of people think, at least.

Kennywood was my home park prior to moving to Phoenix. It amazed me on how many people thought the trains switched tracks…. They always would guess it did this at the turn around above the station. They would never believe me when I told them it was one continuous track…

Hi, first time post on this thread, i've been watching this forum grow and I thought that I would start to help out. Racer is a mobius loop coaster, A Mobius loop roller coaster can be either a racing roller coaster or a dueling roller coaster. Its unique feature is that there is one continuous track instead of two separate ones. As a result, the station that a train leaves is not the same one to which it will return(Cited from wikipedia). Just thought i would clarify that for everyone wondering.

I'm pretty sure cowboyjoe was being facetious and making fun of the general public. I don't think anyone here was really wondering.

But, since this is your first post, you may not have been familiar with the general sense of humor of the board, or their knowledge of coasters...so it's ok.

Just a thought on the transfer track problem that y'all have noticed, 4 inches on each end of the transfer track is not a big deal at all. It was probably left short for the match into the storage track area. Anyway a welder and a coupe of hours fixes all of the spacing problem. The item they where also speculating on is indeed a clamp.

This just in from Screamscape:

The General Managers of Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and Six Flags over Texas are taking the current World Series rivalry to a new level with a friendly wager over the outcome of the World Series. Should the San Francisco Giants win the Series, the famous Texas Giant coaster will be renamed for one operating day as the “San Francisco Giant”, complete with a new sign for the day. Should the Texas Rangers win the Series, Shouka the killer whale will be dubbed as a “Ranger” for a day, and put on the “Celebrate Ranger” show all day long. It sounds like the rest of the SFDK animals are joining in to show support as well, as they’ve got one of the elephants stomping on pumpkins decorated with the Texas “T” painted on it.

Looking at the way the World Series is going, I cant wait to ride the San Francisco Giant!

I've been wondering about the about the queue line lately. It's not very long, and it could not be possibly big enough when the ride reopens. So are thinking about extending it into the middle of the ride like Mean Streak? That would be pretty cool!

P.S. I can't wait to ride the San Francisco Giant

^I've wondered about the queue as well. Lets hope we dont' get to ride the SF Giant since it will mean the Rangers lost the World Series!

And

I will also be heading out to the park today and try to get some pictures, ill try and get some unusual shots like from the Shockwave and Titan lifts.

that is kind of a no no man. Taking photos on rides is against park policy and posting pictures on TPR that were taken from rides without permission will get you in a bit of trouble. Just a heads up.