TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

It was mine at SFGam last summer. My nerves needed to be calmed.

That's all I'm gonna say.

Terry

The statues launched a counter attack?

I know what it was

moving right along...

As long as there aren't like Octoberfest style beer vendors that line all up and down the midway, I have no complaint against this. However, I hope park security will be able to crack down on the inevitable drunks that start to cause problems in the park; it isn't so much that beer makes family parks fail by their definition as it is people who drink beer excessively!

Not that anyone ever gets drunk at theme parks anyways...

Wouldn't it be amazing if ALL the SF parks eventually sold beer?

I'd love to be able to walk around the park with a Stella Artois in hand, but of course that won't happen.

Even if you can only drink it in one area of the park, I'm all for this.

This whole non-issue just hit a new low, brainwashing 3rd graders!

"I think you shouldn't sell alcohol and cigarettes because if someone has drank and I'm in a rollercoaster with a loop-de-loop and I'm in the bottom car and the drunk person is in the top car and he throws up, it will land on me." -- A concerned student, Madison

Nearly all the students wrote that they don't want to be vomited on. Several said the theme park would no longer be family-friendly. Some even said they would no longer go to Six Flags.

"I don't like that idea about alcohol. People will puke on you! Plus, they might die! You would have a big graveyard!" -- Very concerned, Natalie.

Why is this "teacher" being allowed to brainwash these impressionable young kids with her ignorant misinformation???

This whole non-issue just hit a new low, brainwashing 3rd graders!

"I think you shouldn't sell alcohol and cigarettes because if someone has drank and I'm in a rollercoaster with a loop-de-loop and I'm in the bottom car and the drunk person is in the top car and he throws up, it will land on me." -- A concerned student, Madison

Nearly all the students wrote that they don't want to be vomited on. Several said the theme park would no longer be family-friendly. Some even said they would no longer go to Six Flags.

"I don't like that idea about alcohol. People will puke on you! Plus, they might die! You would have a big graveyard!" -- Very concerned, Natalie.

Why is this "teacher" being allowed to brainwash these impressionable young kids with her ignorant misinformation???

Ya, if a 3rd grader is calling the shots as to where to go for a family vacation, there is something wrong with that.

Onto the topic, people can go out to there car and drink.

So whether they sell it in the park or people bring it in...alcohol is always available.

^^ IF the concern is throwing up then she should be smart enough to know that Beer isnt the catalyst in making people throw up. Between Hot Dogs and Ice Cream and Funnel Cakes and all that crappy theme park food I am sure the majority of people are throwing up from that crap more then they are throwing up from beer UNLESS like mentioned above me it is HHN when even us employees think they go WAY overboard on the Liquor and Beer sales. Universal even did a dry night this past year where they sold no alcohol at all on the streets. The only place in the park that sold anything alcoholic was at Lombards SeaFood. It didnt go over well at all. We had so many complaints about the lack of the "Jello Shot Sluts" that they decided it was a bad idea to have a dry night of HHN.

I thik it is a good idea to sell Beer. Again it is SO pricy to drink in the park I think it will be more of a recreation to have a beer at the park then a mission to get smashed at the park on a random Monday.

I worked in rides for four years. Alcohol was sold in the park, and in those four years I only had to deal with one problematic guest that was drunk. As others have said, its too too expensive for most people to have more than a couple of drinks. Teenagers cause ten times more problems than people drinking in the park do.

• 1 month later...

From the Six Flags website:

Loose Articles

Six Flags Over Texas is committed to Friendly, Safe, Fast service. Loose articles of any kind including purses, backpacks, beverage containers, etc may not be taken past the entrance, or in line and may not be left on the ride platform of the following rides: Titan, Texas Giant, MR. FREEZE and BATMAN. Cell phones, pagers, or other small items must be secured in cargo pockets or waist packs. All loose articles not able to be stored in cargo pockets or waist packs must be left in a locker or with a non-rider prior to entering the line.

From what I understand, ride lockers will be located near the entrance of the ride. It will be a one time use only locker and will cost $1.

Anything taken in line with you must be able to be secured in your pockets while riding and nothing will be able to be left on the dock.

No beverage containers allowed but I bet they'll gladly sell you $3.50 bottled drinks from the vending machines in the lines.

No reason they can't have the sliding lockers at the station like other parks (where the cubby spots are open during boarding but when the other train is in the station, a door is slid over them so people from the other train can't get to your stuff)

You are welcome to have anything in line that you are willing to throw away before you board the ride.

It's just another way for them to make money & has NOTHING to do with security at all.They instituted the same policy on wild one & superman last season at SFA & it's one more reason why I won't pay them money for a season pass this year.

No reason they can't have the sliding lockers at the station like other parks (where the cubby spots are open during boarding but when the other train is in the station, a door is slid over them so people from the other train can't get to your stuff)

I'm actually glad that they went to lockers instead of the abovementioned system. A *LOT* of load/unload time is wasted with people crossing through the train, waiting for the previous riders to get their stuff and get out of the way, putting their stuff in the cubby, then returning to their seat... assuming they remember which seat they were going to sit in.

I'm a big fan of having the lockers at the front of the queue, ala IOA, but I think they should be FREE. Tourists bring cameras. You require that they leave the camera in a locker, but then you charge them $1 every time? That sounds like REALLY bad customer relations to me.

It's just another way for them to make money & has NOTHING to do with security at all.They instituted the same policy on wild one & superman last season at SFA & it's one more reason why I won't pay them money for a season pass this year.

Let's see ... it

1) Makes the loading faster due to people not having to secure articles on the dock and getting out of the car

2) secures YOUR valuables from people taking them off the dock

3) keeps the ride crew from having responsibility of any loose articles

4) secures the loading dock from loose articles that could cause someone to trip or blocking the access for handicapped people

Frankly, I don't see where your argument lies .. sure it's a money thing .. but then again .. these things are for YOUR safety, and I don't mind paying for that IF a need too.

Also, I remember taking my camera bag on dock of Wild One and SROS at SFA this August .. hell .. both SFA and SFGAdv had no issues with loose articles on any ride we rode, except for Kingda Kaka .. which was expected since Top Thrill Dragster has the same policy.

^Exactly.

You are welcome to have anything in line that you are willing to throw away before you board the ride.

If you're not getting a season pass just because they put lockers in the lines for you to keep your things safe, I don't know what to tell you. There's only so much a park can do to keep its customers happy. Good grief.

I don't mind lockers at all, especially when they improve capacity and rider safety. A buck? They could be cheaper but you're at a theme park, that's not bad at all.

I don't know about SFOT, but I tend to think this is more about the money at SFA. Yeah, they don't allow loose items to be left in the stations of Wild One or Superman. Yet they have the little cubby holes for people to leave their stuff in the stations of Roar, Two-Face, Batwing, and Joker's Jinx.

Who knows? Maybe SFA will apply this policy to all their coasters this season. As it stood last season, the policy was inconsistent and irritating.

That was irritating at SFA last year. But I really have to say in the last five years I believe the average park goer has gotten dumber by the year. So many people are running around the platform, messing with crap that it is definately slowing the line down. Not to mention you know everytime someone has something stolen that person then proceeds to complain up a storm. This policy should just go across the board.

This policy doesn't work. They used it at SFOG this year. Customer complaints went way up. If they are going to FORCE you to use the lockers, they should be free. Also, flip flops would have to be worn in line because you can't walk around barefoot. On GOLIATH, everybody had to cross over to the cubbies to put their flip flops in. Then, the people that had hats or glasses that got through the line because Six Flags employees standing at the front of the line don't do anything anyways, would cause the whole train to wait because station employees would hold up the objects and ask who owned them...refusing to dispatch the train. They would still let them ride though which is endangering my safety even more. On Cyclone, somebody strapped in a huge stuffed animal. Another kid had to hold one of those big lolipops while riding. Six Flags customer service truly sucks.

Dollywood has cubbies in the station and they have some of the best operation of any park! They dont want you walking across the train they have the ride ops take your stuff and put it on the other side. It works very well.

Ive been to lots of parks that make you walk across the train that dosnt work!