TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Yeah I caught the 'Entertainment' part of the Press Release too, but is a show considered a 'Capital' Improvement. Maybe if they built a theater, but don't they already have a theater? Or Two?

Capital Improvement: Any structure or component erected as a permanent improvement to real property that adds to its value and useful life.

Perhaps sets, props, etc. could be considered a capital improvement? On one hand, a show seems so likely, but the definition of capital improvement is hazy as is the press release. We'll just have to see.

Maybe it's a smaller ride in combination with a show...

Yeah I caught the 'Entertainment' part of the Press Release too, but is a show considered a 'Capital' Improvement. Maybe if they built a theater, but don't they already have a theater? Or Two?

three, or four counting the rangers and outlaws arena

HAHA... yes, I saw your SFOT Trip Report... and it's so true. But to answer your earlier question... they have two indoor theaters. In addition, they have an outdoor "Batman" type theater. On top of that, they have a fairly large outdoor amptheater. So, I think you are right about a show not being the new attraction becuase it says "capital" and the amount of theaters doesn't justify for a new one being built.

we have THREE THEATRES: Southern Palace, Texas Theatre, and Majestic Theatre

^ Oh... yeah... you are right. I always forget about the theater by Judge Roy Scream... as I hardly go down there anymore. But you are right... so a theater is DEFINENTLY not the new addition... but everyone knows is going to be the first 500 ft. Rocket Coaster... known for reliability!

^ Oh... yeah... you are right. I always forget about the theater by Judge Roy Scream... as I hardly go down there anymore. But you are right... so a theater is DEFINENTLY not the new addition... but everyone knows is going to be the first 500 ft. Rocket Coaster... known for reliability!

then my trip to GADV this coming summer would be a waste!!! yaaay.

At least El Toro is there, and I've never experienced a flying coaster either...

Well SFoT already has 2 pretty good woodies, so Unless it's an Intamin Prefab I think its highley unlikely. There arent many options other than a giant flat, a B&M of some kind, or an Intamin of some kind. A water ride wouldnt be possible since Hurricane Harbor is a separate park on the other side of the freeway.

I'm split between a flat and a rocket coaster, but I'm just happy that SFoT is finally getting another thrill ride/coaster.

post 300! w00t!!!