TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Not to bring up the space debate again but where would they put a pair of dueling woodies? As far as I know, SFoT probably needs a compact/cheap/reliable people-mover. I'm pretty sure there are a couple places that dot the edge of the park boundaries where SFoT could maybe squeeze something in...

How 'bout we all just wait 'til monday?

When I worked for the park, I saw plans for a possible make over of the good times area to a superhero area. It showed on it Batman (these plans that I saw were before Batman was built but after Mr. Freeze), Gotham city, rethemeing of Flashback, and shoot out as well to marvel superhereos. The other thing that was interesting was that part of the concept art showed them moving the Car Lanes to go along side Judge Row Scream and the toll plaza being moved as well. This would free up all of that area for development.

A second plan was for a HyperCoaster to be built by Judge Roy Scream going over the lake, 6 lanes, and over by Splash. This of course never happened as Titan was built by Texas Giant.

Not to bring up the space debate again but where would they put a pair of dueling woodies?

I wasnt necessarily saying they were getting dueling GG woodies, I was more trying to show that even with a "small" budget, they could still be getting something VERY good.

^SFGAdv has B&R, but they got Ka...

Theres only one other rocket coaster (mentioned above) in the SF chain; and as far as I know it can be a pretty good deal getting one, once it gets broken in and doesnt break down every 2 days. Besides, Rocket coasters seem to be a hot item in the market today, maybe SFoT is the next park to get one.

Theres only one other rocket coaster (mentioned above) in the SF chain; and as far as I know it can be a pretty good deal getting one, once it gets broken in and doesnt break down every 2 days. Besides, Rocket coasters seem to be a hot item in the market today, maybe SFoT is the next park to get one.

If they do end up getting a rocket, it better be something with substance then. Something like Storm Runner would be best.

With their current financial crisis, I can't imagine they'll get anything all that good. Isn't there a moratorium on large orders for now? Most of the parks aren't wanting for rides, they're just wanting for an atmosphere that doesn't closely mimic the savagery of high school hallways between classes.

How about investing in a park that really needs some help, like SFKK? A B&M invert would surely do that place some good.

^I actually think SFoT was one of the parks where the family park atmosphere actually clicked. The 10 rides they got this year probably did draw more crowds. Maybe Shapiro is loosening the policy on SFoT and any other parks where things worked for the better.

Also, SFoT has had a bit of a thrill drought, with the last big crowd puller coming in '03 (Superman: Tower of Power). I'm sure there are CEOs @ SF that think its time for SFoT to get a new toy. Yes, there are other parks where there have been longer spans between new rides. I remember hearing something that SFKK was getting a new water ride of some new kind.

A rocket ala Kanonen and a Mr. Freeze clone are a lot more similar to eachother then Ka and Chiller are. Ka is a full circuit, height/speed based coaster, Chiller is a shuttle loop. Mr. Freeze is a massive shuttle loop, and Kanonen is a tiny little launched looper. Although now that I think about it, it does make sense sense that they would build a rocket, and seeing as how they are the hot item in the coaster world these days, I'd say that if they are building a coaster, it has a chance to be a rocket.

A rocket ala Kanonen and a Mr. Freeze clone are a lot more similar to eachother then Ka and Chiller are. Ka is a full circuit, height/speed based coaster, Chiller is a shuttle loop. Mr. Freeze is a massive shuttle loop, and Kanonen is a tiny little launched looper. Although now that I think about it, it does make sense sense that they would build a rocket, and seeing as how they are the hot item in the coaster world these days, I'd say that if they are building a coaster, it has a chance to be a rocket.

Well, it could be advertised as Texas's only rocket coaster... It makes more sense that they would build a rocket over a flyer because SFFT would be the ideal place to build a flyer(Flying on the cliffs ). But, none of us will know for sure until Monday. No real point in discussing this any further, besides to pass the time.

This is a bit of a surprise, I thought all the big new rides for 2007 were pretty much announced and underway. If this does in fact turn out to be a coaster, I don't think it will be a wooden coaster as they already have two, and I don't see a rocket coaster either after the issues that Kingda Ka has had. If the $16-20 million budget rumor thrown out earlier in the thread was correct, I am guessing one of three things:

1. B&M Floorless Coaster-maybe something unique but more likely a Medusa or Scream clone. If I remember correctly, SFOT was supposed to get a Scream clone a long time ago. I have not been to SFOT in years but if I recall right, the one ride they were really missing was a multi looping coaster.

2. B&M Flying Coaster-either an S:UF clone or a unique layout. I think the clone is more likely.

3. One of the old rides taken out of Astroworld, maybe the old stand up that was Batman there and used to be Shockwave at SFMM.

It will be interesting to see. I'm guessing a mid sized B&M coaster, considering that B&M as of now is only working on two new coasters this season (Griffon and the one in Japan) and their rides have proven to be successful for the other parks in the chain.

Oh Yeah, has any TPR member been to SFOT before closing? If so, was there some constuction work? If this is true than both SF theme parks in texas are getting something new! I"m pretty sure SFFT is getting the spinner and SFOT is getting a big coaster. It could be the other way around!