TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I'm not terribly familiar with what all they added this year, but when I visited in '05, it really felt like the park lacked major flat/thrill rides outside of Superman.

-Scott "mmmm pink things" Parrish

They added:

-water-play zone

-zamperla rockin' boat type thing

-troika

-inverter ship

-bull themed breakdance

-zamperla balloon ride

-scrambler

-zamperla batwing

-teacups ride

-zamperla boot scoot

Most of those are kiddie rides, but it definately scored well with the families that come there, and they always had the right amount of staff @ each, the ones working the troika made us sing! However there definately was something left to be desired from the thrill-seeker point of view...

B&M Flyer? YES PLEASE !!!

They should move Goliath from SFMM to SFOT, because that would be the most stupid move ever. It will be interesting to see who gets what from SFMM if it does close, I have already heard rumours from the west coast.

They've got a hyper, so maybe an Intamin pre-fab woodie that would be nice, and they are possibly next up for a rocket coaster of some variety, a flyer would be an attraction even if us enthusiasts are mostly over flyers. Oh well, Monday isn't that far away.

^ yes, long live the helix-that-makes-titan-so-much-better-than-goliath!

Could a rocket coaster really be a possibility? I thought they might be a ways out of Six Flags budget. I'm just trying to think from a park manager's standpoint of what they could and couldnt afford. If I do recall correctly B&Ms are pretty expensive, so I dont think a B&M will be the ticket this time around...

Man, if SFoT gets a rocket...

It doesn't necessarily have to be a huge rocket in the $25-30 million range, they could get something really groovy in the $15 million range, they did the rather fun rocket superman escape in Oz for $16 million australian and that was with tons of theming. A larger B & M is at least $20 m these days. What could it be?

It might be something disappointing that is just over hyped like Paramount described Italian Job "as the announcement you have been waiting for", er, I'm still waiting.

Notice the "entertainment" in "entertainment capital of Texas." It seems to me more likely that perhaps it will be a show rather than a ride. Perhaps similar to SFGAm's new show? A stunt show of some type?

It just doesn't seem realistic to me that SFOT will get a huge new coaster. Especially now and with what is happening to the company.

Notice the "entertainment" in "entertainment capital of Texas." It seems to me more likely that perhaps it will be a show rather than a ride. Perhaps similar to SFGAm's new show? A stunt show of some type?

It just doesn't seem realistic to me that SFOT will get a huge new coaster. Especially now and with what is happening to the company.

Still, I think SFFT is the "Entertainment Capital of Texas". They always brag about it...."Come for the rides, stay for the shows". Golden ticket blah blah...

Yeah... that is what I found funn about the information released by Six Flags. Everyone knows that SFFT is always number 1 in shows in Texas! (Or at least the people in charge on the Goldet Ticket Awards think so). I really hope it is not a show however.

HAHA... yes, I saw your SFOT Trip Report... and it's so true. But to answer your earlier question... they have two indoor theaters. In addition, they have an outdoor "Batman" type theater. On top of that, they have a fairly large outdoor amptheater. So, I think you are right about a show not being the new attraction becuase it says "capital" and the amount of theaters doesn't justify for a new one being built.