TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Park was absolutely packed today but Good Friday so understandable.

Mr. Freeze is out and for awhile too for obvious reasons. 

No movement on Speelunker’s it looks like from last week.

Pandemonium is back up. 

Judge, the Joker, and Harley Quinn all still down

Titan still is out.

This park’s lineup is absolutely pummelled.

Still 8/10 visit. 

A4E7C044-DD21-4CD0-ACAE-CF1ACCDD82FE.jpeg

BB097611-832D-483E-94C5-404D0BA63BDF.jpeg

3C46745D-AC32-423F-B9A4-F99895102937.jpeg

AA05072B-4889-4E8A-B876-B9AB1E26A8E3.jpeg

Did anyone here recently use a Gold Flash Pass? I was told that you CAN reserve and ride New Texas Giant with GOLD. I previously thought that it was a Platinum only ride. 

I was also told that season-long Flash Passes are only available for your home park and not other Six Flags parks.

New park updates! The area around Rodeo is fenced off with a sign that reads "park pathways have been adjusted for future projects". Hmm, wonder what those future "projects" could be. Latest Aquaman and Pirates photos. Looks like the Aquaman turntable apparatus is taking shape!

20220416_134114.jpg

20220416_134103.jpg

20220416_134146(0).jpg

20220416_134221.jpg

20220416_134226.jpg

20220416_134303.jpg

20220416_134309.jpg

20220416_134335.jpg

20220416_134406.jpg

20220416_134352.jpg

20220416_140545.jpg

20220416_142215.jpg

20220416_142158.jpg

20220416_142200.jpg

20220416_142901.jpg

20220416_142916.jpg

20220416_142942.jpg

20220416_142757.jpg

20220416_142153.jpg

16 minutes ago, Sportsdude360 said:

New park updates! The area around Rodeo is fenced off with a sign that reads "park pathways have been adjusted for future projects". Humm, wonder what those future "projects" could be. Latest Aquaman and Pirates photos. Looks like the Aquaman turntable apparatus is taking shape!

20220416_134114.jpg

20220416_134103.jpg

20220416_134146(0).jpg

20220416_134221.jpg

20220416_134226.jpg

20220416_134303.jpg

20220416_134309.jpg

20220416_134335.jpg

20220416_134406.jpg

20220416_134352.jpg

20220416_140545.jpg

20220416_142215.jpg

20220416_142158.jpg

20220416_142200.jpg

20220416_142901.jpg

20220416_142916.jpg

20220416_142942.jpg

20220416_142757.jpg

20220416_142153.jpg

How crowded is the park today?

10/10 visit today. 

Hey the Joker is back up! Still a good ride.

Batman ride ops crew was flying trains out today. Station wait at 5pm still unreal. 11/11 for ops. Trains were dispatching without stacking.

Harley Quinn is probably out for good. Not even on website anymore.

The Oil Derrick Observation Tower actually operated today. Winds were cooperative.

Aquaman is showing signs of serious work this week. They will get it done. Summer yes but it will be a tight squeeze before Memorial Day Weekend. The turntable is finally taking shape. Lots of concrete and the (splash-trough?) seems to be in place. Sportsdude360^ has great pictures of the work.

Aquaman will be a serious addition to the lineup of this park. A must-ride attraction every visit for sure.

Traffic out of the park was a -100000. Park closed at 9pm and Texas Rangers were in top 9th down by 5 so the perfect mix for traffic jam. NEVER going right on Road to Six Flags during a Rangers game ever again.

For anyone still wanting to go to SFOT for the first time beware Looooots of rides and still down. Titan, Judge, and Mr. Freeze still down with no signs of change. 

The park cut all power to Mr. Freeze. The lights were off on the queue but understandable due to an overheating motor and electrical spontaneous combustion. Mr. Freeze will be down for what appears to be a long time because those launch motors are not cheap. 

(Photo is Mr. Freeze queue line with all power cut to lights/the ride)

IMG-7579.jpg

I was wondering about making trip down to Over Texas first time visit  in June. I saw recent reports of ride closures. I would like to make first visit with all rides and coasters open what are the odds of Titan and Judge Roy Scream being open and the park fully open by June? Also I was going to Fiesta to there new Dive coaster expected to be open by summer?

If not I may do a Georgia trip to Over Georgia, Lake Winnepesaukah and Wild Adventures if Over Texas isn’t fully open. 

It is hard to tell from the pictures, and I get the turntable isn't going to LOOK like much has changed, but Auquaman looks about the same as it did when I went in June 2021... 

The Mr. Freeze incident is concerning only because the ride(s) are becoming quite old and I wonder how much longer Six Flags is going to be willing to maintain the old LIM system. The Freeze clones are some of my favorite rides of all time, so hopefully they figure a way to continue operating them for years to come.

13 hours ago, Lightning Rod said:

I was wondering about making trip down to Over Texas first time visit  in June. I saw recent reports of ride closures. I would like to make first visit with all rides and coasters open what are the odds of Titan and Judge Roy Scream being open and the park fully open by June? Also I was going to Fiesta to there new Dive coaster expected to be open by summer?

If not I may do a Georgia trip to Over Georgia, Lake Winnepesaukah and Wild Adventures if Over Texas isn’t fully open. 

I can post regular updates and let you know when they open. As for Titan I really don't know. A lot can change in 2 months.

21 hours ago, Lightning Rod said:

I feel you, we're visiting from Los Angeles in July.  However, we've also been to SFOT a fair number of times, so while disappointing if things don't return by then (and they already announced the summer closure of Casa Magnetica, which I was already bummed about), I'm just keeping my expectations in check.  Really, we're more going for SFFT, which seems to be much better in terms of operations.

Taken Saturday. It looks like Harley Quinn Spinsanity is going the way of the dodo bird. The whole section and smoking section is gone. Some benches remain for a tiny smoking section near it but HQSS probably has made it's last ride. It's off the app and it's off the park website. 

IMG-7637.jpg

Interesting.  Is the one at SFGA still running?  It's still listed on their website.

I liked the ride when I rode it there, but didn't love it.  It's sort of dull.  Looks way more impressive than it actually rides.

2 hours ago, ryder said:

Interesting.  Is the one at SFGA still running?  It's still listed on their website.

I liked the ride when I rode it there, but didn't love it.  It's sort of dull.  Looks way more impressive than it actually rides.

Having visited SFGA a few years ago, a few observations about the Cyborg (and its twin Harley Quinn at this park), the ride was more eye candy than thrill.  In 2018 the ride at SFGA was brand new yet it never had a real waiting line.  (I made this same observation here last year.)  Another huge issue with these ABC Tourbillons: it is nowhere near plus-size friendly.  Anyone even slightly on the larger size might not be able to ride.  In fact, on my visit, about a third of the guests on our ride cycle had to exit without riding.  

This issue along with a mediocre ride experience makes it no wonder this ride appears to be on the way out.

3 hours ago, ryder said:

I skipped this ride when I went last summer, not regretting it. I took a video of it because I thought it was cool to watch but when you watch what the riders are experiencing its a lot of moving metal around you while you stay in one spot and gently rock around. Too many complex moving parts for it to ever operate reliably. It looked like a more complex top spin with a worse ride experience.

Honestly, probably not. lol

Are we even sure that Harley Quinn Spinsanity is leaving or is it just off the map because it's experiencing another typical 11-month-long breakdown before it opens again one day early next year, shocks the world, cycles 1 1/2 times and breaks down again as-is tradition?

^ rumors I heard here in the Texas groups is that they blocked it off (along with that path that cut thru to Runaway Mountain, that makes Rodeo SBNO behind the fences) purely for staffing reasons.

tho the pathway blockade, also results in funneling more folks thru the other way to Runaway Mountain that contains multiple restaurants. . so that one was likely more to drive sales at the food places. . and added bonus is they don't have to staff/operate Rodeo

5 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Honestly, probably not. lol

Are we even sure that Harley Quinn Spinsanity is leaving or is it just off the map because it's experiencing another typical 11-month-long breakdown before it opens again one day early next year, shocks the world, cycles 1 1/2 times and breaks down again as-is tradition?

It makes sense to take it out. Absolutely no one rode it. When I mean no one I mean on a Saturday during peak hours with so many people over at the Joker and Riddler's Revenge, Harley Quinn sat there open waiting for enough people to run a cycle. 

The most people I've seen in line for it was 30 and at most a 5 minute wait. 

2 hours ago, Jellowithdacoastercredit said:

Is worth a day trip to dallas? I am in san antonio  for several days and I think going to SFOT would be a good idea?

The park is only open on Saturdays/Sundays right now. Several rides are down too including several big ones. Titan, Mr. Freeze, Judge Roy Scream, and several others. Your call. 

2 hours ago, Jellowithdacoastercredit said:

Is worth a day trip to dallas? I am in san antonio  for several days and I think going to SFOT would be a good idea?

honest answer?

absolutely not.

it's a hell of a drive filled with construction.. for a park that has been having major issues with ride reliability, and crappy hours.

if you were going to be in Dallas/Ft. Worth for something else?   then yeah.. maybe.

but since you're going to be in San Antonio?   Daytrip MUCH better spent doing the 45 minute drive to Seguin for ZDTs (and the amazing wooden switchback coaster), going to the Alamo, the San Antonio Zoo. . .or many other options in the area.    You said you won't do SeaWorld, but SWSA does have 4 coasters, 2 water rides, and 3 flats - including the worlds tallest/fastest Screaming Swing.    it's really good.