TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

fun swag from the SFOT Winterfest presentation yesterday.

in addition to a 1 day admission ticket, also got a Pirates of the Spelunkers Cave keychain, and an Aquaman Power Wave metal bottle.

(they showed slides as of Friday of the Turntable concrete support being put in, and noted they had to move the queue line due to the adding of the turntable. . so that's added to the time for opening it. . . but they look like they are about to start installation of the turntable shortly)

oh, and interestingly, a question was asked if they could operate the ride with no splashdown option for the colder months. . and the response was along the lines of "I've heard they can do that. . and wouldn't it be fun if we are able to do that?"

IMG_7665.thumb.JPG.7fff598c2cb7fec500f5bdaae42f0f1b.JPG

• Like 1

^
Lotte World Busan will be opening soon and the park will be 365 days a year. They will only have a Blue Fire clone and a Power Splash and temperatures here can be -20 in Winter so I'd assume they looked into whether there would be a dry mode for the coaster to operate because otherwise that park is going to be down to only 1 coaster for 3 months a year.

I know before it permanently became just a Trax (they ripped out all the water jets on the track), the sister park in Seoul used to find a way to operate the Aquatrax in the winter to make sure the same problem didn't happen.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 12:03 PM, JaneAlvarez said:

Hi y'all,

While snooping, I noticed that archive.org (The Wayback Machine) had archived snapshots of Six Flags' store pages. From these pages, you can see that, while not showing them on their website anymore, Six Flags is still selling their old and more competitively priced products.

Thank you!! You saved me, I just got a regular 2022 dining pass using the link and it worked! (It is no longer offered anywhere online, and I tried to call them to no avail... Now, it did let me buy it, and I confirmed it is valid by calling and chatting with them!

I just reviewed the park schedule for SFOT- sorry- the hours suck. No openings before 11 am. Many days closing at 5 pm or a little later. I think the new CEO is on the wrong track if PREMIUMIZATION is his goal. Shorter hours for more admission is not a great trend. Then again, you HAD a guy that was fixing things up to provide a better look and feel and possibly give an impression of value- and you fired him. I am not sure that he really knows what he is doing.

^ you also need to factor in Staffing is a *major* issue.

so yeah, that's affecting the hours.

During the Winterfest SFOT presentation, a question was asked about the early hours meaning no fireworks, and the park rep. noted that by not using the fireworks during the slower periods, they are able to save them to use for bigger events that have yet to be announced.

so yeah. .that's factoring in too. . budgets.

I worked in the Parks so I get the staffing thing- only one shift is needed. I still think the hours are a little short. I guess they have the same excuse everyone uses- "it's a COVID thing".... If you are talking about raising prices and offering less hours  IDK. Doesn't really seem like a good value to me.

I'll go anyway- I just question the overall direction.

On 1/25/2022 at 9:13 PM, dchamero said:

Thank you!! You saved me, I just got a regular 2022 dining pass using the link and it worked! (It is no longer offered anywhere online, and I tried to call them to no avail... Now, it did let me buy it, and I confirmed it is valid by calling and chatting with them!

And just to confirm, it DID work!, I went to the park today and successfully added the dining passes I bought using the old link to my membership cards. So, maybe if you bought a membership upgrade, it does not work, BUT the dining pass option still works :)

Also, re: staffing.... Texas absolutely annihilated its previous COVID case records this month.  In January of 2021, there were about 600,000 new cases in Texas.  January of 2022 has had over 1.5 million.  Fully 5% of the state got Covid just this month.  I'm sure that's having a massive effect on a company like Six Flags with a huge workforce and intentionally cautious safety policies.

SFFT has removed all the plexiglass between loading on the Coasters and on the train.

so . . um. . not sure what that means either.

here's Iron Rattler's station last Sat. . no more plexiglass

IMG_7596.JPG

Their employees have exposures every day they go to work and they don’t mandate masks, limit capacity  or do anything whatsoever to imply that it’s something they’re worried about.

I’m sure it’s a budget move. It’s in-line with everything else that the chain is doing.

I think it is mostly budget. Not much to do with masks. I have been traveling some recently and found DFW to be no different than any other rational place to live. I believe that staff still have mandatory mask rules  at SFOT. My last visit all of the staff was wearing masks. There is a worker shortage- most places are hiring  in the Metroplex. Lots of "Help Wanted" signs out. Restaurants only opened to about 1/2 to 3/4 because of not enough servers, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any local experts care to lend your thoughts on potential on queue times for New Texas Giant and Mr Freeze during the afternoon/evening on Saturday, April 16? I have a ~20 hour layover and wondering how much of a hassle it might be to get in a few rides that afternoon. Flash pass looks cost prohibitive for me unfortunately.

you're probably gonna be SOL on Freeze. . as I don't believe that one is even offering the "pay to skip for one ride" flash pass option (tho I'm not a super regular at this park. . . so hopefully someone else can confirm that).     So expect the line to be long - and that it will break down while you're waiting - if Flash Pass purchase isn't an option for you.

but you're in luck with New Texas Giant (as well as Runaway Mountain - not to be missed - and several others such as Joker, Pandemonium, La Vibora, and more) that have added Single Rider Lines recently.

so that will help you out a LOT on Giant. . . if you don't have Flash Pass, or want to splurge for 1 time skip the line FP on Giant.   

Follow the signs for FP . .the Single Rider Lines are in that same queue.

On 3/26/2022 at 10:57 AM, Sportsdude360 said:

At the park now. Uploading some new images of Pirates Of Speelunkers Cave and Aquaman: Power Wave.20220326_120343.thumb.jpg.26781a4cd9564b04660f6fb40e7ea2b6.jpg

20220326_120547.jpg

20220326_120528.jpg

20220326_120453.jpg

20220326_120428.jpg

20220326_120334.jpg

20220326_120317.jpg

20220326_115947.jpg

20220326_115930.jpg

20220326_115835.jpg

20220326_115814.jpg

20220326_115812.jpg

20220326_143349.jpg

20220326_143416.jpg

20220326_143457.jpg

20220326_144503.jpg

20220326_144514.jpg

20220326_144518.jpg

I see construction workers on site but it literally seems nothing has been done in 2 years. What is the deal here??

23 hours ago, Animal said:

I see construction workers on site but it literally seems nothing has been done in 2 years. What is the deal here??

The hard hats were working on splash pool construction which is the yellow area on the other side of the fence. The turntable was originally not going to be used with this version, but the pandemic work stoppage gave corporate time to re-think the wisdom of having the ride operate at reduced capacity. They came to their senses and the turntable is now being installed. They were shooting for a Memorial Day opening according to previous park president Ron Mckenzie, but that may not be do-able at present. I will continue to post updates on work progress as well as a ride review when it does finally open.   

On 4/5/2022 at 8:57 PM, bert425 said:

you're probably gonna be SOL on Freeze. . as I don't believe that one is even offering the "pay to skip for one ride" flash pass option (tho I'm not a super regular at this park. . . so hopefully someone else can confirm that).     So expect the line to be long - and that it will break down while you're waiting - if Flash Pass purchase isn't an option for you.

but you're in luck with New Texas Giant (as well as Runaway Mountain - not to be missed - and several others such as Joker, Pandemonium, La Vibora, and more) that have added Single Rider Lines recently.

so that will help you out a LOT on Giant. . . if you don't have Flash Pass, or want to splurge for 1 time skip the line FP on Giant.   

Follow the signs for FP . .the Single Rider Lines are in that same queue.

I have some bad news on that friend. As of Today, Sat Apr 9, ALL Single Rider lines at Six Flags Over Texas have been completely removed. I’m at the park now and walked to everyone of them, all gone. 

5F5DA1FC-05ED-4378-A416-5544903139E4.jpeg