TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Wow, you sure did follow the money there, Kev. Super sleuth award!!1!

Quit misdirecting and answer my questions:

In you opinion, what is an acceptable time to reopen the economy?

What is an acceptable amount of people out of work?

yikes this thread.

yep. .which is why I'm pretty much staying out of it.

although living in Texas? I can say with certainly, that regardless what Abbott says can or can't open?

Until a health expert tells me that it is low risk, or there is a way to MAKE it lower risk? we won't be attending any Six Flags, Movies, Concerts, or going Bowling (or getting tattoos).

Likely not until late June at the earliest.

and yes, it's going to depend on whom your social circle is, but among my friends here in Austin? We're not alone in this thinking.

so yeah. . go ahead and force things open without looking at Medical advice, but they should expect not a whole lot of customers (maybe that small group holding "freedom" rallies. . but most others? nope.

Until a health expert tells me that it is low risk, or there is a way to MAKE it lower risk? we won't be attending any Six Flags, Movies, Concerts, or going Bowling (or getting tattoos).

With you there, Bert. It's most important to stay safe. Smart, skilled people are working on this.

5e09186af2a0a.jpeg

• Like 1

yikes this thread.

Right?

However, I will admit... It's interesting to see that coaster enthusiast are now also economist, governors, and people willing to sacrifice human life, even their loved ones... for a hair cut.

yikes this thread.

Right?

However, I will admit... It's interesting to see that coaster enthusiast are now also economist, governors, and people willing to sacrifice human life, even their loved ones... for a hair cut.

Not to mention people willing to sacrifice the entire US economy and social system over a disease that kills only 7% of people it infects.

See, I can be infantile and hurl insults, too.

Still waiting on your answers as to how much suffering by the masses is acceptable to save a very small portion of human lives.

....See, I can be infantile and hurl insults, too....

How exactly is it an insult... When I'm literally using the exact same words you used??

--------------------------------------------------------

Anyway... I think this discussion has gone on FAR too long... Can we get back to actual theme park related discussion?

I'm thinking the topic should be... Aquaman! Since that's the new thing for this park!! Or... Maybe Harley Quinn Spinsanity?

I have yet to ride any of the ABC Tourbillon Ride's... However, they look incredibly disorienting, and nausea inducing... For those of you who have ridden one... Are they really that bad, or does it just look bad from the ground?

I have yet to ride any of the ABC Tourbillon Ride's... However, they look incredibly disorienting, and nausea inducing... For those of you who have ridden one... Are they really that bad, or does it just look bad from the ground?

they look WAY more intense than they are.

many folks will likely say they are boring - with the majority of the ride being gentle swinging back and forth, with only a few full inversions.

I happen to really like Harley, but as I've noted in the past, only when sitting at the end of the row. (something not always possible with assigned seating, but a polite ask for end, usually gets me seated there). In the center of the row - either facing forwards or back - the majority of the ride is the rocking, as I mentioned above.

but towards the end of the row? as the ride operates, you get a ton of "head choppers" and "foot chopper" action from the spinning rectangles around the main seating row. . so that really improves the ride experience.

I've ridden it multiple times in a row and not gotten sick, or even feeling close to being sick.

it's a gentle ride, that LOOKS extreme from the ground.

All my rides on Harley Quinn were in the center of the gondola and it can be very mild. But it also is a YMMV thing when it comes to intensity. It does look more intense off-ride as Bert said, and I don't think it would be too far-off to compare the ride's intensity to a US run Mondial Top Scan.

Man, I really didn't wanna climb back in here but...

Not to mention people willing to sacrifice the entire US economy and social system over a disease that kills only 7% of people it infects.

Still waiting on your answers as to how much suffering by the masses is acceptable to save a very small portion of human lives.

The population of the United States is 328 million people.

7% of that is 23 million, give or take.

Not to put words in your mouth, but it sure sounds a lot like you're advocating for 23 million Americans to die a horrible death to an extremely contagious virus for which there is currently no cure, just so our nation can avoid an economic crash. Please correct me if my math is wrong on this.

The economy can rebuild. It has in the past and will again. One day in the future, there will be a vaccine, there will be treatments available, businesses will reopen, and we'll all be out there riding coasters again.

But you can't bring back the dead. You won't be able to bring back those millions of Americans that will perish to this virus.

To me, it's a no brainer. It sounds as if your priorities lie elsewhere. I honestly wish nothing but the best of luck to you and your family.

• Like 1

Man, I really didn't wanna climb back in here but...

Dang you!!! Here I thought we had gotten past this, and were back to theme park talk!!

...Not to put words in your mouth, but it sure sounds a lot like you're advocating for 23 million Americans to die a horrible death to an extremely contagious virus for which there is currently no cure, just so our nation can avoid an economic crash. Please correct me if my math is wrong on this...

Apparently it doesn't matter if 23 million people die... as long as everyone can get a haircut.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...they look WAY more intense than they are.

many folks will likely say they are boring - with the majority of the ride being gentle swinging back and forth, with only a few full inversions.

I happen to really like Harley, but as I've noted in the past, only when sitting at the end of the row. (something not always possible with assigned seating, but a polite ask for end, usually gets me seated there). In the center of the row - either facing forwards or back - the majority of the ride is the rocking, as I mentioned above.

but towards the end of the row? as the ride operates, you get a ton of "head choppers" and "foot chopper" action from the spinning rectangles around the main seating row. . so that really improves the ride experience.

I've ridden it multiple times in a row and not gotten sick, or even feeling close to being sick.

Very good info! Thanks for sharing! With your info, and CaptainUnknown's info, looks like I'll finally ride this thing!

All my rides on Harley Quinn were in the center of the gondola and it can be very mild. But it also is a YMMV thing when it comes to intensity. It does look more intense off-ride as Bert said, and I don't think it would be too far-off to compare the ride's intensity to a US run Mondial Top Scan.

Interesting to hear that! I may have to give it a go next time I'm at the park since it doesn't sound like a "spin-n-puke" ride!

they look WAY more intense than they are.

One of the other factors to consider is the the number of riders on a particular cycle. I've seen cycles with fewer riders generally being more intense than those with full ridership. Possibly a weight thing, but that's speculation on my part.

Keep it civil and on topic in here please.

Also, none of you are right. There is a middle ground that will have to be found between the economy thriving and 23 million people dead. We'll find that middle ground and move on.

Also, none of you are right. There is a middle ground that will have to be found between the economy thriving and 23 million people dead. We'll find that middle ground and move on.

One of the other factors to consider is the the number of riders on a particular cycle. I've seen cycles with fewer riders generally being more intense than those with full ridership. Possibly a weight thing, but that's speculation on my part.

Good info! Thanks!

Sharktums for president please and Nina Klemp loves this !

Sharktums for president please and Nina Klemp loves this !

I would 100% vote for SharkTums for president.