TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

It's a shame they are not doing the turntable for loading like the one in Europe, that'd help move the line faster.

Hopefully it reduces maintenance and unnecessary down time

The lines are going to be ridiculous

So if Six Flags does a decent job with grouping and filling all seats on the ride, the capacity shouldn't be terrible. Not great, but not terrible.

OMG, all of you are acting like this isn't a Six Flags.

New pics from the park. Hand sanitizer stands popping up around the park amid Coronavirus concerns. New park map and Aquaman update.

20200308_100300.thumb.jpg.d12e112272c16ed09383ff73b28c3703.jpg

New 2020 park map!

20200308_100514.thumb.jpg.b556e50efd0b5be2c5b473216a751317.jpg

It's interesting to note that Gold River no longer appears on the map.

20200308_102112.thumb.jpg.e6d3155c5ef3f178948cf5700ccc726c.jpg

Aquaman coming along.

20200308_102807.thumb.jpg.7dabada7d379d1fdbf8f709cd1140a85.jpg

New location for the 3-point Challenge.

20200308_103004.thumb.jpg.f25b56d8cee3ea4694ac32fce263f479.jpg

Coronavirus response?

20200308_105230.thumb.jpg.40c030d9a9c048215a2242c0f7e6e7ee.jpg

Trolls are back in the Runaway Mountain station.

20200308_105542.thumb.jpg.8d45e958ce3a72bc22f273386bfea2b9.jpg

Surfer Yeti inside the ride. Complete with surfboard.

20200308_110430.thumb.jpg.ea608c73224439da242447ea56fe6a6b.jpg

Work progresses on the new indoor air-conditioned area at JB's.

It's a shame they are not doing the turntable for loading like the one in Europe, that'd help move the line faster.

Hopefully it reduces maintenance and unnecessary down time

The lines are going to be ridiculous

So if Six Flags does a decent job with grouping and filling all seats on the ride, the capacity shouldn't be terrible. Not great, but not terrible.

OMG, all of you are acting like this isn't a Six Flags.

I mean, you're not wrong. But i do feel Six Flags has taken a step in the better direction regarding stuff like that, at least a little bit. In all the SF parks I visited last year, i never experienced any unnecessary downtime. I also saw many rides running on maximum capacity and were staffed with employees who tried their best to dispatch quickly, and when grouping, filling in all seats.

No, I'll say it for you "dude it was just a joke why'd you take it so serious"

Is the wave pool really positioned to splash Pandemonium like that? Could lead to a few unexpected surprises...

No, the direction of the splash would be away from Pandy based on the position of the 2nd tower. OTOH, the train tracks run adjacent to the splash pool and well within range of the wave coming from the front as the ride vehicle hits the water. I'm guessing they're going to time the dispatches so as not to accidentally splash the train. Otherwise they're going to have one helluva mad train conductor on their hands.

• 1 month later...

Or if he values not completely trashing the economy, sending millions to the poor house, over a comparably inconsequential number of human lives. Sometimes we need to sacrifice the few to save the many, as sad as it is to say.

Or if he values not completely trashing the economy, sending millions to the poor house, over a comparably inconsequential number of human lives. Sometimes we need to sacrifice the few to save the many, as sad as it is to say.

You're right, we can't ruin the lives of millions for this. It's like stopping things for a car wreck, or the flu, or anything else. We have to move on, the debt of the nation is out of control. I don't want anyone to die, but we have to go on, open things up slowly. Not since the Great Depression has the country seen anything like this.

Every indication has been in Texas that mass gathering places like movie theaters, sporting events, and amusement parks will be among the last businesses to open and, even when they do, it will be with a drastically altered operation.

Fine, vilify me as one of the "big baddies" who "values money over people." What I said is the truth. You can't keep the economy closed forever. People need to work to put roofs over their heads and food in their families' stomachs.

They're saying a vaccine is anywhere from 6-18 months out from the origin. Are you willing to keep life paused for millions or billions of people for a year and a half - no income, no haircuts, no education, no nothing, people and families going broke, losing their homes (landlords and banks need to feed their families too), resorting to crime, basically the collapse of society, to save maybe tens or hundreds of thousands? Yes, we as a society may be able to survive a month or two shut down. But six months? A year? What is your cutoff? What if there's never a vaccine, and it comes back in waves like the regular flu? Are we going to shut down the world every time there's a flare up?

Is your option the government pays for everything? Rent/mortgages? Utilities, including internet? Food and clothing? Government money will run out at some point, sooner if they're not taking in taxes from all kinds of closed business and sales tax. Or they just keep printing money until its value plummets, and a gallon of milk costs $50.

You say it's "valuing money over people," but it's not. It's valuing a continuing, functioning society. During H1N1, we did virtually nothing and lost between 150-280k people in the US. The world continued. It may be "cold," but its truth - if you want a functioning society, you need to let that society function and not grind everything to a halt. Yes, some people will die - more will die or be closer to death if you shut down the world for too long.

If you were younger I could see having such a mindset...how someone only two years younger than me, in their mid-30s, can't see that boggles me.

And there's the manifesto. There's always a manifesto, isn't there?

Nice job deflecting from the questions I asked.

Hey mike, would a cost of life to reopen the economy include your wife, your children, or even yourself ? If not, who then is "acceptable" under your idea ?

Yes, that would be acceptable. It would be horrible losing a close loved one; when things become personal they always hurt more. Would I be willing to sacrifice myself or one of them to keep millions if not billions of people from suffering the same fate? Yes.

It may be "too soon" right now, but I ask again - when, in your minds, would it be acceptable to reopen?

When the risk is zero?

When a vaccine is developed?

How do you propose to keep everyone who is not deemed "essential" surviving until that happens?

Fine, vilify me as one of the "big baddies" who "values money over people." What I said is the truth. You can't keep the economy closed forever. People need to work to put roofs over their heads and food in their families' stomachs.

They're saying a vaccine is anywhere from 6-18 months out from the origin. Are you willing to keep life paused for millions or billions of people for a year and a half - no income, no haircuts, no education, no nothing, people and families going broke, losing their homes (landlords and banks need to feed their families too), resorting to crime, basically the collapse of society, to save maybe tens or hundreds of thousands? Yes, we as a society may be able to survive a month or two shut down. But six months? A year? What is your cutoff? What if there's never a vaccine, and it comes back in waves like the regular flu? Are we going to shut down the world every time there's a flare up?

Is your option the government pays for everything? Rent/mortgages? Utilities, including internet? Food and clothing? Government money will run out at some point, sooner if they're not taking in taxes from all kinds of closed business and sales tax. Or they just keep printing money until its value plummets, and a gallon of milk costs $50.

You say it's "valuing money over people," but it's not. It's valuing a continuing, functioning society. During H1N1, we did virtually nothing and lost between 150-280k people in the US. The world continued. It may be "cold," but its truth - if you want a functioning society, you need to let that society function and not grind everything to a halt. Yes, some people will die - more will die or be closer to death if you shut down the world for too long.

If you were younger I could see having such a mindset...how someone only two years younger than me, in their mid-30s, can't see that boggles me.

You are 100% correct, they are not. It's going to a hard task for some people to learn how things work. People have to grow up, we can't sit here in our homes, and be scared forever. Not every state is NY, if any other state had a county that had high coronavirus, we would not shut down the whole country, and NY would laugh at that idea. It's bizarre to say someone doesn't care about life because they want to get on with things. We should never listen to Cuomo, or any other failed state's governor, who is trying to keep this going so they can get bailed out, that would show how incompetent they are, they can't have that! smh

Yet another deflection.

For the record, I can't stand Fox News or any other major news network for that matter.

Walmart, Amazon, Facebook has been giving the Washington Post tons of money, and they're one of the newspapers who are pushing for things to stay closed. These big corporations are ranking in profits like never before, they don't care about small businesses, the less there is the more money they make. There goes that argument, us putting money above people.