TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

^ oh come on people.

ain't no reason whatsoever to pull up things from the past.

you don't wanna believe what someone from "management" of TTS posts? fine, just don't believe it and move on.

(in this case, I believe him. .but time will tell what happens with Gold River Adventure)

^ oh come on people.

ain't no reason whatsoever to pull up things from the past.

you don't wanna believe what someone from "management" of TTS posts? fine, just don't believe it and move on.

(in this case, I believe him. .but time will tell what happens with Gold River Adventure)

I didn't bring it up. Just answering a guy.

So we are thinking of doing a Texas trip after Christmas and hitting up SFOT and SFFT. I was just wondering how the crowds are the week after Christmas and if the weather is usually warm enough for all the rides to run?

I went the week before Christmas last year and the weather was dry and mid to upper 60s every day. The coasters didn't run at SWSA one day, but that was due to high winds.

I assume crowds would be worse the week after Christmas, but really don't know.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the double post, here's a triple post!

In the future please consider using the edit button.

Rude much?

Are you trying to be banned from the forum? Or are you just that stupid?

Don’t be an asshole to our moderators because you are too stupid to use basic functions of the forum to fix your dumb mistakes.

Was I rude enough for you?

They poured a very temporary looking slab and put a haunted house in a tent on the old Chevy show spot for Fright Fest this year. I wouldn't count on anything major happening there soon. They have their hands full filling in dead areas (there, Flume 1, Gold River) and rumor has it that the area encompassing that spot and Gold River will have to be raised out of the flood plain before anything can happen. Take that with a grain of salt since pretty much the whole dang park is in a flood plain.

Rude much?

Don’t be an asshole to our moderators because you are too stupid to use basic functions of the forum to fix your dumb mistakes.

Not trying to be banned. As you can see I don’t post very much on here and didn’t realize all the functionality. Stupid? No. Asshole? No. Ban away. I understand why so many people dislike you and the website. I enjoyed seeing the trip reports from folks but there are better places online. To answer your question yes rude enough. Later!

Rude much?

Not trying to be banned. As you can see I don’t post very much on here and didn’t realize all the functionality. Stupid? No. Asshole? No. Ban away. I understand why so many people dislike you and the website. I enjoyed seeing the trip reports from folks but there are better places online. To answer your question yes rude enough. Later!

Banned. It's not MY FAULT you're being ignorant and an asshole and are too stupid to know what the EDIT button does.

stupid.thumb.jpg.1bb63bb2413acdb7d1edbf5752baf47f.jpg

But if you want to blame me for your shortcomings, go for it. Not like I actually give a shit anyway.

At the park now. Some photos I took of Aquaman Power Wave construction, as well as the cool Christmas decorations they've added to Runaway Mountain.

20191207_134216.thumb.jpg.648d06e6b3b15bf9633224e2c40994f8.jpg

Runaway Mountain is sporting some impressive Christmas decor!

20191207_134219.thumb.jpg.eb0807bbd9612468dab75ed276aed9d6.jpg

There are Christmas trees all throughout the ride!

20191207_142351.thumb.jpg.c402cbaa4e89d71791dbeb3056d94cc0.jpg

Construction on Aquaman is coming along!

20191207_142454.thumb.jpg.8ded17e707a91223648969de1fcdb8d0.jpg

First of it's kind in the US!

20191207_142528.thumb.jpg.c7a14ee5d84b09711e41f433234d61f0.jpg

Lots of equipment and personnel on site today.

For the locals:

There is a chance I will be visiting SFOT for the first time next Saturday (the 21st). From my understanding, every coaster runs for Holiday in the Park except Mr. Freeze, right? That's what their website implies but I honestly don't trust most Six Flags websites when it comes to accuracy. I figured asking TPR people is much more reliable.

Thanks!

^Great news, thanks.

I'm traveling with my university marching band, and our bowl game is in Frisco, TX this year. I already have a Six Flags membership so I'd be stupid not to take an extra day or two and visit SFOT for the first time! I'm hoping for good weather and open rides.

EDIT: Also, should I expect heavy crowds that Saturday? Would those 8 hours they're open (2pm-10pm) enough to ride everything, or would I wanna go back on Sunday?

I really only care about riding all the major coasters. I can skip a kiddie coaster or two, I'm not a whore. I also wouldn't really care if I skipped Joker since I've ridden other Free Spins. Is that enough time to do everything?