TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I would dully like to note that La Vibora is one of my favorite rides ever and that I’m not sure what these people are smoking.

Intamin Bobsleds are dying, so give the ride a chance before you regret it.

I liked Bob and Alpine Bobsled, but the inline seating on La Vibora caused me to keep smashing my knees on the side of the car. It's definitely worth trying for the uniqueness though.

• 2 weeks later...
^I rode Villain at Geauga Lake, Mean Streak at CP, Son of Beast, the Boss and Ghostrider (not after maintenance) so if Vibora is worse than those I'll be confused but impressed.

I've ridden two of those (Mean Streak and pre-repair Ghost Rider). It's not nearly as rough as those two, but it's surprisingly bumpy for what it is. (I think I'm one of very few who actually liked Mean Streak though!)

I'll agree with those who didn't care for La Vibrator... The ride has always been awful for me. My knees constantly got slammed into the restraint/seat thing in the middle... and there is one point of the ride that literally feels like you hit a pothole... It slammed into my tailbone so badly I couldn't walk normally the rest of the day.

^Good, SFStL really pissed me off with they way they don't so I wasn't sure which parks in the chain had them or not. Has Pandemonium resumed operating at this point?

While these are only semi-accurate at this park (to put it as nicely as possible), they have been posting and actively changing wait times for it so I would confidently assume that it's been running.

Edited by coasterbill

There's a little break in the heat coming next weekend, but it's still going to be steamy around 90 with insane humidity. I would expect it to be pretty crowded with Fright Fest being in full swing. Two days should be enough to get most everything in. I saw pics on Facebook of a Mr. Freeze train valleyed yesterday, so I would guess there's a chance it could still be down.

It was hot AF this weekend. First visit to SFOT, had a great time despite how some of the operations were. New Texas Giant and Shockwave were awesome. Mr. Freeze and Titan were both very good. The layout of the park was a little confusing but the fright fest stuff looked cool.

Per the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Six Flags may be moving their headquarters into Globe Life Field, the former home of the Texas Rangers.

Link to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Globe Life Park could soon see a new tenant: Six Flags.

A deal to move the theme park company’s world headquarters to Arlington could help bring new use to the facility former President George W. Bush once called a “cathedral.”

The city council unanimously approved Tuesday night an offer to reimburse the company up to $6 million to make extensive renovations to the existing office space behind center field. In return, Six Flags would sign a 15-year lease from the Rangers on the space owned by the city.

Also, Arlington is pledging an additional $3 million in city investment.

I'm flying into Dallas on Sunday afternoon and thought about driving down to the park from my hotel for a few hours.

It doesn't look like they have a Twilight Pass or anything, so I'll likely just purchase my discount through TPR/TAW.

How are crowds typically on a Sunday evening for Fright Fest? Wait it out & see and buy Flash Pass if needed?

Of note, I'm only interested in rides and coasters and not the haunts.

I'm flying into Dallas on Sunday afternoon and thought about driving down to the park from my hotel for a few hours.

It doesn't look like they have a Twilight Pass or anything, so I'll likely just purchase my discount through TPR/TAW.

How are crowds typically on a Sunday evening for Fright Fest? Wait it out & see and buy Flash Pass if needed?

Of note, I'm only interested in rides and coasters and not the haunts.

My previous experiences have been that the park was packed!!! Yet lines for the major coasters weren’t that bad. Longest wait without FlashPass from those I talked to was 30 minutes.

I’d say budget for FlashPass ... and if you don’t need it you... save money!!

Couldn’t give advice on the mazes. Never been in any. We ride the coasters while the GP waits for the mazes.