TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Not to be a big dry blanket about this but I was watching theme parks worldwide video of Pulsar in Wallabi Holland or wherever, and first ride front row he got barely splashed in the front row and second ride in second row right seat he got 0 drops of water splashed on him. Bottom line, this might not be what everyone is thinking as far as getting wet or cooled off.

Not to be a big dry blanket about this but I was watching theme parks worldwide video of Pulsar in Wallabi Holland or wherever, and first ride front row he got barely splashed in the front row and second ride in second row right seat he got 0 drops of water splashed on him. Bottom line, this might not be what everyone is thinking as far as getting wet or cooled off.

I think somewhere it was mentioned for Walibi the park can change the water level to suit their needs. So if you’re riding in the winter then they can lower it to a dry splash but have the water higher in the summer. That splash area fills ridiculously fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone planning to attend Fright Fest this year? There are going to be 3 new haunted houses this year- Art Of Torture, Alien Incubator and Curse Of Ra. Plus upgraded Scare Zones with complete interaction. Also, existing haunted houses such as Piggy's Blood Shed and Hell Block 6 are getting revamped with new set pieces. And last, but not least, there's a brand new Halloween Awakening show this year.

Heading down for my first ever visit in 3 weeks. Any tips for Fright Fest? Looking at the map seems like going either for La Vibora or Mr. Freeze first would be good strategy. I do get to visit for 2 days so I'll have enough time. but I also want to visit some of the Fright Fest stuff.

La Vibora should be first, it's a low capacity ride with long wait times.

it has a single rider line tho, right?

And it is awesome. I had near walk-ons using the single rider line last month, bypassing what was easily a 30 minute wait. Of course, that could just be my luck with it.

Yeah the single rider line was a walk-on in my only visit to the park.

Mr. Freeze had a lot of downtime for me and that seems to be a recurring theme in any TR I've seen, so I'd make sure to get over to that ride early if you see it running. That ride is very good and it'd be a shame to miss it.

Fair enough.

I actually usually love Intamin Bobsleds but the lap bar on this is atrocious and pounds the sides of your legs relentlessly. It's a piece of sh*t and it needs to die.

They should buy the cars from Efteling's Bob if they're available. But this is Six Flags so the only hope may be when Alpine Bobsled inevitably closes someday.

As rough as it is, my kid, and pretty much most kids at the park judging by the line, loves it. I cringed when she begged me to ride it on our Labor Day weekend visit. It was around 100 degrees and humid, I was sweating profusely, and the whole place smelled like hot ass. The last thing I wanted to do was stand in line for 40 minutes and get beat to death on that ride.