TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

^ it is NOT a chain wide policy, and seems to be unique to SFOT from what I've experienced riding at several different SF parks.

(the policy is certainly not in place at SFFT).

this policy has come and gone since the 90's, but seems to be strictly enforced since after the accident on NTAG back in 2013

Never really heard the "reasoning" behind it. . .but if I had to take a guess? it is because they want a witness riding too, in case something happened on the ride.

Never really heard the "reasoning" behind it. . .but if I had to take a guess? it is because they want a witness riding too, in case something happened on the ride.

I initially thought it was an efficiency thing. Your's sounds more like the kind of reasoning they would use, especially since I heard from at least two different groups in the queue discussion on the accident...including one I somehow became involved in. I am surprised they didn't make it a corporate policy though if their worried about the implications. I know the place I work would 'read across' a policy like that globally.

BTW, why does this forum change typing N - T - G to NTG? Is it another TPR insider thing like lockers?

So I'll be making my first visits to the park in a couple weeks. So it's time for some planning questions

-Best seats on the coasters?

-What coasters have single-rider limitations in select rows?

-I remember hearing some attractions have single-rider lines. What rides?

-Does it make a difference which side of Joker I ride?

-Any rides that mandate Lockers?

-I have most of my entrees planned out, but what snacks do you recommend?

-What would be a good idea to rope-drop/ride at park close?

-Does the park tend to close any lines early?

So I'll be making my first visits to the park in a couple weeks. So it's time for some planning questions

-Best seats on the coasters? - The only one that I feel strongly enough about to comment on is any of the left seats in the first car on Titan. The slow crawl out of the mid course in those seats is pretty awesome.

-What coasters have single-rider limitations in select rows? Last loaded seat of any train is supposed to have 2 riders.

I don't have a lot of experience with it in recent years to know how strictly it is enforced.

-I remember hearing some attractions have single-rider lines. What rides? La Vibora, S:TOP, Pandemonium, are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

-Does it make a difference which side of Joker I ride? I haven't managed to get a ride on it yet.

-Any rides that mandate fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo? I don't think so. There's storage bins in most, if not all, loading areas.

-I have most of my entrees planned out, but what snacks do you recommend? We tried Pink Thing ice cream today and it was pretty good. Cheddar ranch fries are offered everywhere, but I've never thought they were all that special. Most of the food is pretty generic park food.

-What would be a good idea to rope-drop/ride at park close? I personally wouldn't because of the unpredictable opening/closing times of many rides. If you wanted to try it on something you're hell bent on getting a ride on, it certainly wouldn't hurt.

-Does the park tend to close any lines early? I haven't been at the park for closing this year, but maybe someone else can chime in.

Holiday in the Park - water rides and The Tower are closed and it seems like they had just about everything else open last year. There's always a chance they'll keep something closed that's in dire need of a head start on rehab before the off season.

I took my daughter out for a quick visit today and had a good time. Waited 20 minutes to get through the parking plaza and I thought I might have made a mistake by going on a bring-a-friend day. The park was a little busier than the last Monday we visited, but it still wasn't bad. We hit up a few flat rides and Justice League (still in as good a shape as it was when I last rode the year it opened), had lunch, met up with friends and split up the kids so that a few of us could get a lap on Titan - a 4-5 train wait turned into more than 30 minutes because they took off a train, ran one loaded lap, and then added another train, and waited about 10 minutes for the front row on Mine Train. We were a little disappointed that Sky Screamer was closed during our entire visit since that's one of my daughter's favorites and the wind was almost non-existent. We tried out the exclusive Pink Thing ice cream and I loved it even it was a little more tart than the original treat. Overall a good visit even if it was crazy ass hot.

• 2 weeks later...

^I know they just ripped out an Aquaman ride, but given the recent film made over $1 Billion at the box office, I wouldn't be surprised if it was themed to Aquaman.

I also got my first rides in the park in tonight: New Texas Giant and last train of the night on Titan.

NTaG in 2nd to last row: That ride is so much fun. So much airtime and smooth. I'm glad Six Flags took a chance on RMC.

Titan in 4th row: 2 things stand out about the ride: the positive g-forces and the gut-punch that is the MCBR.

From the small part of the park I saw in a little over 30 minutes, the park has a lot of dead ends and weird path choices. Why is the sign for the pavilions on the path that leads to NTaG and Titan? A lot of time was spent back-tracking, which isn't all that fun in the Texas heat. I had an easier time navigating Carowinds at night with almost no lighting. Hopefully my experiences will be better over the next couple days.

I wonder if they'll even brother giving us any clues since we already know what's coming. The only mystery left is what themeing they plan to use.

Wait. What? What did I miss?!? How do we already know what’s coming?!

(Not being an ass. I legit think I missed it.)

I know they just ripped out an Aquaman ride, but given the recent film made over $1 Billion at the box office, I wouldn't be surprised if it was themed to Aquaman.

This is my thinking as well. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to have it be called the same thing, or something similar.

I wonder if they'll even brother giving us any clues since we already know what's coming. The only mystery left is what themeing they plan to use.

All indicators are that it's going to be the MACK Power Splash that was originally going to be in Six Flags Dubai.

How do we know? Well........ Let's just say a little birdie told us.

I searched back... apparently it’s some sticker thingy.... coming from some where over seas. . . That apparently every enthusiast on the plant (except me) was able to understand. They all know exactly how many pieces are in a Mack Power Splash and apparently that means, that SFOT is getting a Power Splash for 2020!

Idk if you all are right... but if you are, YAY!!! I’m excited for the new addition. We will gladly give it a few goes!