TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I appreciate Screamscape for what it is and the effort that goes into it but at the end of the day most of that information comes from either official park releases or he hears the same rumors we do and just reposts them. 10 years ago when social media wasn't as big as it was then I usually found out about most new rides there but now I tend to find out official information on TPR first before Screamscape or other users have posted rumors here before the rumors hit there.

Case in point, Lotte World and Everland both have very empty sections. I've posted updates on new rides constantly for the parks here over the years and 9 years ago I tried emailing him with some pictures or two (I remember emailing the Korean sign confirming Eagle's Fortress was permanently closed way back) and never heard back but when I posted here Robb and Elissa immediately engaged with it so I ended up not trying again and just sticking everything here. I remember when the Ferris Wheel became a SBNO VR ride and I posted it on TPR in a TR a few months before it showed up on Screamscape when Everland finally put it on the English site.

My point is that most of the time, there isn't some super-secret official source they have and that most of their info comes from checking official park sites or the same sources other users use. I appreciate the site for what it is but I think people put too much into it being the 'end-all' of information.

He's little iffy on a couple of details.

The rumor was the buzz of online communities, not the amusement industry.

The Premier buyout of Six Flags may have its roots in the SFOT partners playing footsie with Premier in the summer of 1997, but Time Warner resolved the issues brought up by the limited partners by signing a new management agreement that promised a certain level of investment in the park. They did not settle the dispute by offering to sell the whole company. Premier purchased Six Flags more than 6 months later in 1998.

The reason why I started the topic about six flags selling their parks which I saw the topic is locked because I wanted to add since you guys are not aware SFOT and SFOG contracts will be expiring in 2027 and 2028. So that means both of these six flags parks will be no more correct? And either be bought by Cedar fair, parques reunidos, herschend, etc. So it would be 2 Six flags parks would be gone from the chain is all of what I’m saying correct? They would not renew the contracts on both parks that’s highly unlikely? All the theming from the dc comic characters and looney tunes characters will be gone from both parks. I’m not being silly but once the contracts are up that’s what happens right?

The reason why I started the topic about six flags selling their parks which I saw the topic is locked because I wanted to add since you guys are not aware SFOT and SFOG contracts will be expiring in 2027 and 2028. So that means both of these six flags parks will be no more correct? And either be bought by Cedar fair, parques reunidos, herschend, etc. So it would be 2 Six flags parks would be gone from the chain is all of what I’m saying correct? They would not renew the contracts on both parks that’s highly unlikely? All the theming from the dc comic characters and looney tunes characters will be gone from both parks. I’m not being silly but once the contracts are up that’s what happens right?

Please stop thinking.

So just because the contracts may expire at SFOG and SFOT in 2027/2028 again I heard this news once again from screamscape doesn’t mean your saying these 2 SF parks won’t lose DC comics & Looney Tunes? I guess screamscape isn’t really a reliable theme park news source? If it true that they will expire though in 2027/2028 then who knows what they will do with both parks seriously if they turn into Cedar Fair, Herschend, Palace Entertainment, or any other chain how likely is that? I would certainly miss seeing Batman and Superman DC comics in general at both parks & looney tunes.

They've renewed their management agreement every time the contract has been up in the past. It's unlikely they wouldn't and even more so in 2027/2028 since Six Flags has the option to buy out the ownership.

Haven't seen El Diablo testing, but I saw a photo taken earlier this week from outside the park of the lighting package being tested.

Lone Star Theater has just been demolished. This photo was taken by Sarah Blair of Texas Thrillseekers. Apparently, the flood waters did a lot of damage to this as well. I have a lot of fond memories of the old Chevy Show in this building, more recently it's been used for storage.

RIP Lone Star Theater

FB_IMG_1557355359729.jpg.63bbcfabc61e0b3a2344b4263e39433c.jpg

Unbelievable. The building turned 50 this year. It's odd the way the flood patterns have changed over the years. When I worked there in the mid-90s, the space between the theater and Gold River was the high ground where we moved the antique cars before a heavy rain. One building is gone and the other heavily damaged because of flooding. I honestly can't recall any of the shows from the theater, but I know that building had great A/C back in the day.

Unbelievable. The building turned 50 this year. It's odd the way the flood patterns have changed over the years. When I worked there in the mid-90s, the space between the theater and Gold River was the high ground where we moved the antique cars before a heavy rain. One building is gone and the other heavily damaged because of flooding.

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I could probably email the park but i think i might get a more honest answer here. I am planning a trip to SFOT and i am trying to decide which tickets i shall buy but i was confused about something.. How much is a season pass regularly? It's the memorial day sale now and it is $79.99, it says i am saving 70% and it is usually $263.99. But everybody says it is always cheaper to buy the pass if you plan on going more than one day, but at $263.99 that wouldn't be the case when a single day is around $60-$80. I have a hard time believing that the season pass is ever actually $263.99. What is the deal? Thanks!

Anyone local to Six Flags Over Texas want to attend the media event for El Diablo on May 28th in the morning? Please email robbalvey@themeparkreview.com if you want to go! You would need to be able to take photos, video, post a trip report and be enthusiastic on camera!

Thank you!

Edited by robbalvey

I could probably email the park but i think i might get a more honest answer here. I am planning a trip to SFOT and i am trying to decide which tickets i shall buy but i was confused about something.. How much is a season pass regularly? It's the memorial day sale now and it is $79.99, it says i am saving 70% and it is usually $263.99. But everybody says it is always cheaper to buy the pass if you plan on going more than one day, but at $263.99 that wouldn't be the case when a single day is around $60-$80. I have a hard time believing that the season pass is ever actually $263.99. What is the deal? Thanks!

The deal is they want to sell it for $80 and they want it to be massively on sale. I've never seen a SF season pass ever go into 3 figures.