TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I'm gonna need to know whether or not he's Diamond Elite before I decide if I should believe that.

As far as I know he's a DE member. He's the founder and administrator of Texas Thrillseekers FB group. He's made friends with a lot of the upper management of both Texas SF parks. As far as I'm concerned his info with regards to SFOT/SFFT is more reliable than Screamscape.

I wouldn't trust any information he has. Nobody's going to give information to someone if they know they're just going to run and post it on Facebook immediately, and I'm pretty sure he has a pretty awful relationship with SFOT.

I'm not aware of him having a bad relationship with either theme park. I've met him in person a few times and he comes across as an enthusiast doing what he can to cover Texas theme parks on his FB page. I would not say his info is 100% reliable, but it's no worse than Screamscape.

That last photo looks like someone cleaning the splash pools and trough for operation, not scavenging the ride prior to removal.

His "upper management" friends probably aren't upper management if they're sharing detailed information like that. Just someone speculating the same way we all are.

That last photo looks like someone cleaning the splash pools and trough for operation, not scavenging the ride prior to removal.....

That’s exactly what I thought. But I didn’t want to burst anyone’s bubble that was believing the “diamond elite” guy.

^ The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. If Trevor is wrong we'll know soon enough. Trevor does his best to cover the goings on at Texas theme parks. True, a lot of it is speculative, but in all the time I've been following his Texas Thrillseekers FB page, I've never once suspected him of any dishonesty whatsoever.

^ True, it did look as if the maintenance man was doing some cleaning, which doesn't make sense if they're planning to remove the ride. It also doesn't make sense for the ride not to appear on the park's website or app if they're planning to operate it. By contrast Gold River still appears but is listed as "Closed for season". Aquaman, on the other hand, isn't listed in any way shape form or fashion, closed or otherwise.

But the proof is in the pudding, so I'll be visiting the park as much as I can this season. I'll try to document the goings on with regards to Aquaman with photographic evidence as best I can. Whatever's going on, it'll eventually become obvious.

Edited by Sportsdude360

Yes, you mentioned that. What I'm saying is that the app can be wildly inaccurate. I've seen rides disappear from the app and be operating normally that day. It doesn't mean anything other than that SF's app isn't very good. I would caution against basing any logic on what's currently in the app.

A current train engineer from the park that has been posting updates to a Facebook group for former and current train employees posted today that the train will be closed for the entire season. He said that he was processed out for the season because he did not want to transfer to another ride. According to him, all of the repairs to the tracks are complete, the new ride is not related, and the reason for the closure is another project in the park.

I have a gut feeling that Aquaman's disappearance from both the site and the app carries a bit of meaning.

That is still not a guarantee. Xcalibur was removed from the SFSTL website late last year but has since been put back on with "Coming Soon" added to it.

I didn't say it was a guarantee, just a gut instinct.

A current train engineer from the park that has been posting updates to a Facebook group for former and current train employees posted today that the train will be closed for the entire season. He said that he was processed out for the season because he did not want to transfer to another ride. According to him, all of the repairs to the tracks are complete, the new ride is not related, and the reason for the closure is another project in the park.

That's interesting. What other "project" in the park would cause the train to be down for the whole season?