TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I could maybe see a Skywarp going in if Six Flags decided to purchase more of them. They do afterall not have a Superloop granted that did not stop SFDK.

They have cleared some space already in Gotham between Harley Quinn and Catwoman. It'saspot that a small flat like a Skywarp would fit nicely in and would essentially "top off" Gotham. Also, it would nice if they gave Mr Freeze a pain job, it is looking really bad. Paint it the light blue on all the tracks, would make it pop. Shockwave even looks worse, but it's a 40 yr old Schwartzkopf. If it's staying long term it needs a paint job and take off the ridiculous ghetto lights held on by zip ties.

I am betting on either:

1.Nothing...

Wasn't it just a few years ago that Six Flags committed to bringing something new to every park, every year??

I think they kinda gave up on that when all they did for Six Flags Mexico was put VR on their best coaster.

I think they kinda gave up on that when all they did for Six Flags Mexico was put VR on their best coaster.

Pretty sure that was still a new experience for their guest... Soooooo, it was still "something new" to the park for that year.

If SFOT does add a Skywarp or another large flat then they will be developing quite the flat collection.

#FlatRideCapitalOfTheWorld?

There is a Larson Loop located right down the road from SFOT at Traders Village. Considering the bad reviews the Skywarp at SFDK has been getting, I'm not sure one of those would go down well here. They're essentially a glorified Larson Loop and park president Martindale has stated the park will not be receiving any type of Super Loop.

Don't get me wrong- I hope we get something. The size and scope of what we have received in 2 or 3 years- including refurbishing restrooms, new drink stands, signage, etc just makes me think we may "sit this one out". Harley Quinn was laid out with either 1 large pad or 2 smaller pads in mind for additions. Is there room for a compact coaster? Maybe a water ride?- that end of the Park is pretty hot. Another family ride would be nice since the Troika was removed...I guess we find out next Friday.

^ Do you really think SFOT will get a Golden Shower Coaster clone with SFFT being so close by?? I feel like Six Flags might try to space out those clones a bit more than that while they are still so new to the market.

^ Do you really think SFOT will get a Golden Shower Coaster clone with SFFT being so close by?? I feel like Six Flags might try to space out those clones a bit more than that while they are still so new to the market.

um. . Texas is BIG.

"close by". . . San Antonio is a good 4 1/2 hours (on a day with light traffic) from Arlington.

ETA - and also to point out: Both parks have a Batman Clone, Both parks have a mine train, Both Parks have an S&S FreeSpin, and Both Parks have a Skyscreamer (tho the one at SFoT is much taller).

^Agreed. I don't think SFOT and SFFT influence each other one bit. Both parks also have Pandemoniums, old school Premier launch coasters, S&S towers, Boomerangs at one point. The list goes on.

Heck, SFFT added a Batman clone with another one 17 miles away.

With that being said, I can totally see a Raptor clone coming to SFOT at some point in the next few years.

I predict La Vibora will be removed in the years ahead and replaced with a Raptor. Possibly to be called"New La Vibora".

La Vibora seems to be popular, reliable and it looks like they recently painted it (the ride and ride area look awesome). How does this make sense?

^ The ride is a low capacity nightmare which is over 30 years old. Amongst us members of The Texas Thrillseekers it has long been rumored that the ride will eventually be removed and possibly sent to another park. We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Sportsdude360

^ The ride is a low capacity nightmare which is over 30 years old. Amongst us members of The Texas Thrillseekers, it has long been rumored that the ride will eventually be removed and possibly sent to another park. We'll have to wait and see.

So a bunch of enthusiasts want it gone under the guise that Six Flags (the company that just built a coaster with 9 passenger trains in the same state) cares about capacity even though the ride seems to be in great shape and people seem to enjoy it? Got it.

^ The ride is a low capacity nightmare which is over 30 years old. Amongst us members of The Texas Thrillseekers, it has long been rumored that the ride will eventually be removed and possibly sent to another park. We'll have to wait and see.

So a bunch of enthusiasts want it gone under the guise that Six Flags (the company that just built a coaster with 9 passenger trains in the same state) cares about capacity even though the ride seems to be in great shape and people seem to enjoy it? Got it.

I usually skip La Vibora because of the line. Was strolling by about a month ago and hopped on because it was dead. Been years since I rode it, and was reminded why. It feels like it's gonna break your ass bone. The roughness plus little padding on the seat are no bueno. I had to lean back and hover my butt above the seat. Got a good hammy work out and found I have good balance as well.

If they added some padding it'd be a fun ride.