TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Well, SFOT hasn't given us any clues so far. We may not be getting anything next year. Although, I'm still hoping for a water coaster for HH.

I am all in for a water coaster at HH. I honestly love to see them add on to their lazy river, extend it to go around outer sections of park and maybe some rapids or water falls added.

I'm liking the lights on the Batman trains! They look awesome at night!

Pics? Or could you describe please?

Oh that's actually pretty badass!

Does anybody have a video of this that isn't a vertical quicktime video? My computer is refusing to play that in protest and I don't blame it.

Only one that seems 100% confirmed is the RMC Georgia Cyclone.

I have a feeling SFOT may get one of those Skywarps since they don't have a Super Loop, there was the rumor Six Flags bought a Skywarp, and I'm guessing that ride doesn't need too much land prep.

I'm not sure what a Skywarp is, but it sounds like it would make a great addition to the Gotham section.

from TPRs own YouTube channel:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I was just thinking. With the first RMC Raptor coming to SFFT next year, is it possible the space next to Joker could be used for such an attraction? It seems to me it would be just about big enough if they demolished the remaining buildings.

The remaining building won't be demolished as it houses a kitchen which will be used to assist in caterings. The remaining space is just large enough for a Zamperla Disk-O. New Gotham, or Villain Village, is in need of a family flat ride.

I visited Six Flags Over Texas on Wednesday and Thursday. All though I don't want to write out a lengthy trip report, here are some things worth mentioning.

- Our visit to the park started on Wednesday with some of the heaviest rain I had seen all summer. Heck, there was even a small water spout / cold air funnel that spun up in the area. Much to our surprise all rides except La Vibora and Shockwave were open. Has to be one of the most relaxed weather policies I've seen, though it's not as relaxed as Frontier City's "until lightning strikes within 1 mile of the park, rides are open" policy that I saw last summer.

- Justice League was in an okay condition. Most effects worked, but the smoke screen and lex luthor hologram were very dim. The audio was much louder than visit, and the fire effect was working, so that's a plus.

- I've only ridden the Gold River Adventure dark ride once and I was about 5 or 6, so I didn't really remember much about it. I personally am a big fan of dark rides. They can make a break a park for me. Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised by this dark ride. It was fantastic! All animatronics worked smoothly, the audio and lighting were nice, some scenes were very detailed, and it was overall a very good experience. It was a lot nicer of a dark ride than I would expect from Six Flags. It was in much better shape than Justice League too, so it steals the spot as my favorite dark ride at the park.

- Ride operations and customer service have improved two fold since my last summer visit. We normally just visit during Holiday in the park because our experience during the summer two years ago was absolutely awful. From 10 minute dispatches, to slow food service, and even getting a soda nozzle in our drink and the employee laughing at us for it. Well let's say this park is on a very strong path to success. On all coasters, trains rarely stacked. The only ride that frequently stacked is NTG, and that's expected with its restraint system. Most rides dispatched in under 1:30. Shockwave even had 30-45 second dispatches at one point during our visit. To summarize, we were just really shocked how fast the operations were because you never hear anything good about the park's operations. Food service was also much better. We ate lunch at JBs Smokehouse and were greeted by very nice employees and we got our food, hot and fresh in under 3 minutes. Last time we waited a good 20 minutes just to order. Besides that, all employees at stores and on rides were so much more friendly and efficient!

-So a lot of people really bash the S&S free fly coasters, but I absolutely loved Joker. We got a good 4-5 flips on our first ride and at least got 3 on our other rides. It was a very fun and intense ride. Also, the line never stops moving on this ride. They get people on and off the ride quickly as possible and dispatched the trains quite frequently. My only complaint is that the restraint isn't too friendly on "male parts" Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

-Last little thing I noticed and haven't seen mentioned anywhere is how random the lap bar position is on NTG. For some seats, I could pull, down the lap bar and leave it not too tight and it would be good to go, but other seats the lap bar had to go way further down. A few of my rides the lap bar was down really far, but still needed a few pushes to get a green light. It's just really strange how the lap bars could be so different from seat to seat.

- Our overall experience was actually really good this visit. It was on par with some of the nicer park's I've visited recently. I am really happy to see the positive changes happening in the park now. Over Texas has so much potential and I'm glad they are finally tapping into the potential!

Not surprised they shut down Shockwave. .as that area tends to flood (in particular the train track crossing walkway) in heavy rain:

CFx6P39VIAAVsWI.jpg:large

and the Bobsleds. . I think any type of Bobsled closes in the rain once the course gets wet.

but I am a little surprised they didn't shut down Mine Train (those are the tracks peeking out in the pic above from 2015)

glad you had a good visit!

and very happy to hear Yosemite Sam got some love. . last time I was there, most of the animatronics were broken. . . but I'm predisposed to hate it, because I recall the ride when it was the miners, before it got the Warner Brothers make over

I'm thinking 2018 could be the final operational year for La Vibora. To be replaced in 2019 by an RMC Raptor!!!

Any takers?

I wouldnt be mad. La vibora still makes me nervous riding. I think it is because it lacks the predicable nature of being on a track. That and it reminds me of flipping over on tube slides at my local pool

Capacity aside, why would six flags realistically want to replace it? It seems pretty popular still, and is fun maybe minus the brake runs slamming you hard. How long are the lifespans on these bobsleds?

My prediction is a slingshot or maybe the skywarp near joker (if there is room, I havent fully investigated)

I'm thinking 2018 could be the final operational year for La Vibora. To be replaced in 2019 by an RMC Raptor!!!

Any takers?

I'd be okay with that!!! La Vibrator is pretty forgettable, and an RMC Raptor could really liven up that area!!

That being said, La Vibrator is such a classic and such a great family attraction, I find it hard to see the park getting rid of it.