TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I have only been to this park once....

I will be coming down next week and plan on going to the park Thursday 6/29 (later afternoon if my plane lands on time and night) and Friday 6/30/17. May I ask how the crowds are usually on Thursdays and Fridays? We want multiple rides on pretty much every coaster since we won't get to this park much being from Maryland.

Think we may need a Flash Pass?

I have only been to this park once....

I will be coming down next week and plan on going to the park Thursday 6/29 (later afternoon if my plane lands on time and night) and Friday 6/30/17. May I ask how the crowds are usually on Thursdays and Fridays? We want multiple rides on pretty much every coaster since we won't get to this park much being from Maryland.

Think we may need a Flash Pass?

How long are you staying in town? I might go to the park on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...
SFOT Just posted this on the BookyFace:

19961533_10155278707545991_3033434855721018081_n.jpg?oh=da6677ec46f4ea4e7f90dd746083dd83&oe=5A0C64F9

I remember riding this as a very small child, and I thought it was the most amazing thing ever. My how times have changed.

I've said before, and will repeat.

hands down my favorite ride ever at SFoT, and I was gutted when they removed it.

it never had folks in line to ride, and was so much better (and scarier) than it looked from the ground.

I wish that they would do something similar with the Star Flyers.

If I were in a small model airplane, I would feel much more secure than in a thin plastic seat with a dinky-ass chain to keep me from plummeting 400' to my death.

^ The small chair with the dinky-ass chains is the main reason the ride is so popular. The thought that you could plummet 400' to your death at any minute is what the ride manufacturer is counting on.

Starflyers/Skyscreamers are a cheaply made ride. They are same essentially as the standard 50fy swinging chair ride, they just are taller. They are not a solidly built/design ride like a Windseeker. The light arrays on Windseekers are also far better. Funtime Starflyers are about 1/2 the cost of a Mondial Windseeker and it's obvious why in comparing the craftsmanship, design, etc.. of the rides.

^ The small chair with the dinky-ass chains is the main reason the ride is so popular. The thought that you could plummet 400' to your death at any minute is what the ride manufacturer is counting on.

Starflyers/Skyscreamers are a cheaply made ride. They are same essentially as the standard 50fy swinging chair ride, they just are taller. They are not a solidly built/design ride like a Windseeker. The light arrays on Windseekers are also far better. Funtime Starflyers are about 1/2 the cost of a Mondial Windseeker and it's obvious why in comparing the craftsmanship, design, etc.. of the rides.

Hopefully the craftsmanship is fine considering the luxury of not falling to your death in any given ride cycle.

Funtime Starflyers are about 1/2 the cost of a Mondial Windseeker and it's obvious why in comparing the craftsmanship, design, etc.. of the rides.

Not to mention that Funtime Starflyers are much more reliable. Or at least so it seems.

Yeah, definitely not my cup of tea.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Anybody with eyes knows they are a cheap ride, ie..a SF ride. It's the same crappy seats you get on a standard swing ride. uncomfortable and cheap. The quality level of any popup carnival swing ride. The restraint is the same as standard swing rides for 50 years, a cross pole slides down the chain and a button seat belt clasp. It's held by chains, again just like a standard 50ft swing ride have done forever. It's a cheap made ride, that's a fact. It's hardly the craftsmanship of a Windseeker.

tenor.gif