TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

^Did you ride Mr. Freeze? What about the park's collection of flats? Riddler, Catwoman, Skyscreamer, Superman Tower of Power ect.

No, I did not get a chance to ride Mr. Freeze. We were going to ride Riddler but the line was really long, there were maintenance people at Catwoman fixing the ride, Skyscreamer was closed due to high winds. I rode Conquistador 5 times. I also rode the antique cars while I was waiting for NTAG to open.

^Did you ride Mr. Freeze? What about the park's collection of flats? Riddler, Catwoman, Skyscreamer, Superman Tower of Power ect.

No, I did not get a chance to ride Mr. Freeze. We were going to ride Riddler but the line was really long, there were maintenance people at Catwoman fixing the ride, Skyscreamer was closed due to high winds. I rode Conquistador 5 times. I also rode the antique cars while I was waiting for NTAG to open.

Too bad about Mr. Freeze, it's one of our best rides. Riddler always has a long line, that's because it's easily the best flat ride at any SF park. Or at least until La Ronde and Discovery Kingdom open theirs. As for Skyscreamer, it's nearly twice as tall as the one at Fiesta! Too bad you didn't get to try it out. Catwoman is a Zamperla Endeavor 48 and the first of it's kind. Which is to say, a floorless Enterprise style ride. Coney Island has one, but theirs only has 24 seats.

Edited by Sportsdude360

Too bad about Mr. Freeze, it's one of our best rides. Riddler always has a long line, that's because it's easily the best flat ride at any SF park. Or at least until La Rond and Discovery Kingdom open theirs. As for Skyscreamer, it's nearly twice as tall as the one at Fiesta! Too bad you didn't get to try it out. Catwoman is a Zamperla Endeavor 48 and the first of it's kind. Which is to say, a floorless Enterprise style ride. Coney Island has one, but theirs only has 24 seats.

Riddler looked awesome. I'm sad I didn't get to ride the new flats.

Here's what I thought:

New Texas Giant

I had very high expectations, but this ride exceeded them. I only had time for one ride (Back Row ) and it was amazing. I don't know if I like NTAG or IRAT better. The airtime was awesome and I loved the length of the ride.

NTAG is an amazing ride.

Titan

I had low expectations from reading about it, and my expectations were met if not below met. It wasn't bad, but it just really isn't fun. NO AIRTIME.

this is about what I thought the most recent time, which was a HUGE jump in quality from how bad it was the previous two times

Runaway Mountain

Justice League

Shockwave

agreed with all of these

Judge Roy Scream

[snip]but I liked it better than Titan[snip]

I'm guessing Joker will have a VIP preview on Wed, May 17th. This will be followed by the Gold Pass holder preview on Thursday, May 18th, the regular Season Pass holder preview on Friday, May 19 and finally, open to the public on Sat, May 20th. This would be, more or less, what they did last year with Riddler, Catwoman and Harley Quinn.

Titan

I had low expectations from reading about it, and my expectations were met if not below met. It wasn't bad, but it just really isn't fun. NO AIRTIME.

The Titan is an odd one with who enjoys it and who doesn't I've found (I'm local and been going to sfot since 93. My first ride on the Titian - I passed out on that big drop which didn't make the rest of the day very fun. My friend loved it.

I still to this day have no idea why out of all the coaster I've ridden over the years (starting as a bity - pre 93 years were in Maryland going to Hershey Park, Kings Dominion, and Ocean City boardwalk stuff) that one knocked me cold.

I'm also really glad to see SFOT improving for a while there was some really iffy safety practices after high winds, not to mention the issues all the Superman Power of Towers had for a few years.

I used to work in Special Collections at UTA so sometimes I got to see a lot of really cool stuff from the Star Telegram archives about what SFOT started as - if your ever visiting the part and have extra time and the campus is open go up to special collections an ask to see some of the photos and articles from when the park first opened. It was going to the "Disney" of Texas.

Just bought my Joker VIP T-shirt on line!!! VIP day for the Joker will be Wed May 17th!!!

I'm still waiting to see my work schedule for next week, but I may be going! Otherwise I'm just probably going to go Monday or Tuesday of next week and not ride joker (going to grAdv soon anyways). Does anyone know if the VIP days are that busy? I assume they are better than the season pass day, but is it a risk since the ride may not be fully operational with all the kinks not worked out?

Here's some details from the Joker.

The Ride officially opens on Saturday May 20th, 2017

Pass Holder Preview Event is Thursday and Friday May 18th and 19th.

The Ride has several opportunities to flip and spin.

The Green side is more aggressive than the Purple.

There is a Single Rider Line.

The Queue is interactive with a Joker Cam interacting with the guests in line.

Currently there are three trains running, with a forth in the maintenance area.

20170515_163014.thumb.jpg.e21baa675fc060ba9d377b7bc3f94f9e.jpg

20170515_163020.thumb.jpg.dc07d67452f49c9518a272c3212d78fe.jpg

20170516_044637.thumb.jpg.d318f6bc7083b1fb3b94f3710ef28c34.jpg

20170516_044740.thumb.jpg.e8af9a22fdedd3b6e9508a89696449cb.jpg

20170516_070353.thumb.jpg.6e4291bcb5c33de2b6d3615fb75f421a.jpg

20170516_112453.thumb.jpg.1b3ea0c251859c78306ac44c20201d07.jpg

20170516_150745.thumb.jpg.83cc1661facdaa9847cc0d6901be72e7.jpg

20170515_151708.thumb.jpg.de5a95fa97d61991185ae0b75d024a15.jpg

I've just had my 7th ride on the Joker!!! WOW!!! What a ride!!! Great outta control feel!! I love it!!! I would like to say that Joker's addition to an already amazing Gotham City section gives SFOT what is possibly the best Gotham City in the SF chain!!!

IMG639.thumb.jpg.cf1774361542ba98716e3387e9069541.jpg

Nice!! TV screens in the queue!!

IMG644.thumb.jpg.9a13e90862423b8169f2863a01af41ce.jpg

Why so serious?

IMG634.thumb.jpg.7633ca009a1a4bccbceaf86e215c4677.jpg

Loading station

IMG650.thumb.jpg.cd2a8958d709ca427700208aa1d60d02.jpg

Me and Mike preparing to ride Joker!!

IMG654.thumb.jpg.c96fb9830f8b89b186f1f2aba7deb672.jpg

The Joker and me!!!

IMG649.thumb.jpg.af2b42ff8246f5f9e6812bc9ce840984.jpg

Edited by Sportsdude360