TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

At the park currently in line for Giant. The operations on this crowded Good Friday have been absolutely stellar! Mr. Feeeze especially! That team was sending out a train immediately when the other one was out of the way. However, WHY OH WHY can't NTAG run three train operations! I don't think I've ever seen it running three trains in the past few seasons. It's always a long wait.

Edited by eskater132

Anyone know how long Titan is expected to be down? I've also been hearing rumors that Titan might eventually be removed! Apparently, it costs the park a lot of money to maintain.

The website says nothing about Titan being down, and usually if a ride is going to be down for an extended period of time they will put a notice online.

Anyone know how long Titan is expected to be down? I've also been hearing rumors that Titan might eventually be removed! Apparently, it costs the park a lot of money to maintain.

Where did you hear this? Depending on what goes up in its place, this may not be a bad thing. Titan isn't a great ride in my opinion, just okay. I tend to ride it because it's usually a walk on and it's right by NTG, which is my favorite ride in the park.

Titan was built in 2002, at a time when Hypers were a relatively new thing. The design is by Giovinola, a former sub contracter to B&M. It is clearly inferior to most B&M/Intamin Hypers. The rumor about it's possible removal has been going around on Texas Thrillseekers for awhile now.

^ Comparing Titan and MF isn't really fair. Had Intamin built Titan it would be a vastly superior ride. Giovinola, try as they might, were never as good as B&M. And they sure as hell weren't as good as Intamin! They went out of business shortly after building Goliath and Titan at SFMM and SFOT, respectively.

Edited by Sportsdude360

^ It was built by Giovinola, a former sub contracter to B&M. Titan and it's sister coaster Goliath at SFMM are generally considered the two weakest Hypers currently existing. Almost anything built by B&M is considered to be better. And anything built by Intamin pretty much blows Titan/Goliath out of the water!

Yes. However, Goliath and Titan are both tremendously popular, reliable, fun and smooth rides that are massive hits with everyone besides enthusiasts and any rumors about their removal in the near or even reasonably distant future should be laughed at... hard.

^ Comparing Titan and MF isn't really fair. Had Intamin built Titan it would be a vastly superior ride. Giovinola, try as they might, were never as good as B&M. And they sure as hell weren't as good as Intamin! They went out of business shortly after building Goliath and Titan at SFMM and SFOT, respectively.

My point exactly. Gianvonola < B&M/Intamin. In the early 2000s, everyone was doing better than Titan except...well, you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. However, Goliath and Titan are both tremendously popular, reliable, fun and smooth rides that are massive hits with everyone besides enthusiasts and any rumors about their removal in the near or even reasonably distant future should be laughed at... hard.

This. Over and over.

^ It was built by Giovinola, a former sub contracter to B&M. Titan and it's sister coaster Goliath at SFMM are generally considered the two weakest Hypers currently existing. Almost anything built by B&M is considered to be better. And anything built by Intamin pretty much blows Titan/Goliath out of the water!

Thank you! Fiesta Texas is my home park so this is my 2nd year to have season passes. I have never been to SFOT but I may go this summer.

I agree that Titan will likely stay put for the foreseeable future. However, that being said, SF could always relocate Titan to SFSTL, which is in desperate need of a Hyper. Then they could use the land to build a T-Rex Giga! I know I'm dreaming, but it sure is a nice dream!

I agree that Titan will likely stay put for the foreseeable future. However, that being said, SF could always relocate Titan to SFSTL, which is in desperate need of a Hyper. Then they could use the land to build a T-Rex Giga! I know I'm dreaming, but it sure is a nice dream!

Knowing Six Flags they would probably put in a Superloop instead of a T-Rex even though there is one right down the road.

Edited by fiestatexasfan

They would probably put in a Superloop instead of a T-Rex.

Nope. No Super Loop Going to SFOT. There's one too close to the park at the local flea market. Although there are plenty of similar attractions that could be built in 2018.