TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Texas Giant has a sign stating reservations are needed for reduced capacity. I'm guessing they're still rehabbing some trains - can anyone confirm?

I think that's a safe assumption since a 52 day off season with opening day a full 2 weeks ahead of Spring Break gives them a pretty tight time frame to get things done. The only time they tried to cut it closer was when they planned to open for NBA All Star weekend when the game was hosted in Arlington, but terrible weather saved them.

Does anyone have any pictures of the new "New Texas Giant" line and the ride?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is the exact same line unless it changed over the off season which I highly doubt. What pictures do you want of the ride? There are tons out there.

Oooohhhhhh, I like the straps on these cars much more than the vest like restraints on Batman at SFFT, and Joker at Great Adventure, as seen below, for those who were curious...

maxresdefault.jpg

Is this the first free spins to use said straps?? Hopefully it will provide for a less constricting feeling ride.

Also, seeing the Joker cars byou Batman made me realize how much Batman really needs a paint job.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is the exact same line unless it changed over the off season which I highly doubt. What pictures do you want of the ride? There are tons out there.

If you look here it looks way different than what it used to be. I don't recall them moving the line out under the water container. It could be that I didn't pay attention to it, but it looks different than when I went in December 28th.

Oooohhhhhh, I like the straps on these cars much more than the vest like restraints on Batman at SFFT, and Joker at Great Adventure, as seen below, for those who were curious...

maxresdefault.jpg

Is this the first free spins to use said straps?? Hopefully it will provide for a less constricting feeling ride.

Also, seeing the Joker cars byou Batman made me realize how much Batman really needs a paint job.

I think they are going to have vests they just haven't put them on.

Along with the pictures from the construction tour above, I also took some pictures of the new set up with the Galactic Attack VR experience. Some things to mention. The barcodes are gone and you no longer need to calibrate your headset. The headset now uses the phones camera so you can see out in front of you while sitting in the station. As soon as you get up 3/4 of the way up the lift, you enter a worm hoe and the whole VR takes over. It's really cool.

20170225_105512.thumb.jpg.252781f1c71bbaf91ae6b29a1e430877.jpg

20170225_105636.thumb.jpg.052a0e0fd78596223002339257a70c27.jpg

20170225_105734.thumb.jpg.bb97fb8033b26c541a460ca6320eda34.jpg

20170225_105745.thumb.jpg.c1c515ec0d81e242ae49e08f2e330c15.jpg

20170225_110020.thumb.jpg.727cfa937670359bd3040208ba7b3d60.jpg

20170225_110028.thumb.jpg.b0531bce30675308978ca79c43722ea7.jpg

20170225_110306.thumb.jpg.ff75a98640bfba59b915029b7a383328.jpg

Along with the pictures from the construction tour above, I also took some pictures of the new set up with the Galactic Attack VR experience. Some things to mention. The barcodes are gone and you no longer need to calibrate your headset. The headset now uses the phones camera so you can see out in front of you while sitting in the station. As soon as you get up 3/4 of the way up the lift, you enter a worm hoe and the whole VR takes over. It's really cool.

Wow! Interesting. I will probably ride it either spring break or memorial day.

Adam you might want to fix your "worm hole" typo...

I can't help but wonder if the Joker will have any sort of lighting package like Riddler and Catwoman. It's close proximity to I-30 would mean the lights would be seen by a great many passers-by. The light's on Riddler are easily visible from a great distance at night.

I can't help but wonder if the Joker will have any sort of lighting package like Riddler and Catwoman. It's close proximity to I-30 would mean the lights would be seen by a great many passers-by. The light's on Riddler are easily visible from a great distance at night.

I wouldn't expect to see LED's on The Joker. Probably just simple flood lights like Batman at SFFT!

My thoughts exactly! Especially being at the entrance, at the same time Riddler's light show demands attention in that area .