TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

SF isn't really building major large scale coasters anymore. I suppose they might decide to build a B&M Dive Machine at SFMM to counter the one at CP. But really, other than that, I can't see anything in the way of a large scale coaster being built anytime soon.

Six Flags will eventually start building major, large scale coasters again. . . I mean, sooner or later they are going to run out of flat rides to install.

You guys need to start understanding how the park's budget works. If they built a large multi million dollar rollercoaster that flipped you a million times over again and went a 1000 miles per hour, after the newness wore off you'd be complaining that the park "still looks old and outdated. This ride needs to be repainted, and the trash can over in the area of the park needs to be replaced." Six Flags has come up with a business plan to add something new to every park every year. Now whether you a agree with it it or not, doesn't matter, it's not your company. Whether it will pay off, time will tell.

Parks are looking into cheaper, smaller footprint rollercoasters and attractions. Six Flags is one of the companies that is definitely investing money into these types of rides. Big sprawling roller coasters, may initial bring in big crowds, but eventually the hype dies down and it the cost to maintain the ride start to level out with the profit the ride is making the park. Six Flags has invested a lot of money into their seasonal events like FF and HITP. So rather than spending a whole lot of money on a huge ride, they've spread out their budgeted money for "smaller" new rides, park maintenance, and additions to the seasonal events.

If you've followed IAAPA at all this past year, there have been several ride manufacturers that have developed rides that I could see Six Flags bringing into their park in the near future. As far an over coaster community, I think 2018 looks VERY promising. Cedar Faire is spending a good amount of money on a couple new coasters as well as Herschend Family Entertainment. What does Six Flags have in store for 2018? We'll see in September. *Fingers Crossed*

SF isn't really building major large scale coasters anymore. I suppose they might decide to build a B&M Dive Machine at SFMM to counter the one at CP. But really, other than that, I can't see anything in the way of a large scale coaster being built anytime soon.

They might start building those coasters again you never know.

A giant rogue meteor might slam into the planet vaporizing us all in an instant you never know.

Six Flags will eventually start building major, large scale coasters again. . . I mean, sooner or later they are going to run out of flat rides to install.

You guys need to start understanding how the park's budget works. If they built a large multi million dollar rollercoaster that flipped you a million times over again and went a 1000 miles per hour, after the newness wore off you'd be complaining that the park "still looks old and outdated. This ride needs to be repainted, and the trash can over in the area of the park needs to be replaced." Six Flags has come up with a business plan to add something new to every park every year. Now whether you a agree with it it or not, doesn't matter, it's not your company. Whether it will pay off, time will tell.

Parks are looking into cheaper, smaller footprint rollercoasters and attractions. Six Flags is one of the companies that is definitely investing money into these types of rides. Big sprawling roller coasters, may initial bring in big crowds, but eventually the hype dies down and it the cost to maintain the ride start to level out with the profit the ride is making the park. Six Flags has invested a lot of money into their seasonal events like FF and HITP. So rather than spending a whole lot of money on a huge ride, they've spread out their budgeted money for "smaller" new rides, park maintenance, and additions to the seasonal events.

If you've followed IAAPA at all this past year, there have been several ride manufacturers that have developed rides that I could see Six Flags bringing into their park in the near future. As far an over coaster community, I think 2018 looks VERY promising. Cedar Faire is spending a good amount of money on a couple new coasters as well as Herschend Family Entertainment. What does Six Flags have in store for 2018? We'll see in September. *Fingers Crossed*

You're right, of course. But an RMC T-Rex Giga would totally rule!!!

How quickly we forget.... SF spend several millions the last 4 years on RMC's.... SFOT, SFFT, SFNE. SFDK, SFMM, SFMX all received "new" large coasters.. SFGAM recieved a new coaster as well. Let's give some credit where credit is due. The money they spent on RMC's could have purchased new steel coasters- but then they would have had a chain on old , rough woodies in need of repair. As far as SFOT goes... I am happy with JL, Riddler Revenge, Cat Woman whip, Harley Quinn Spin, Bug's Bunny Boomtown, new signage, painted buildings, etc- which we have received the last 3 or 4 years. We have a much nicer Park now. A new steel coaster in the next 3 years would be perfect. IMHO.

Opening Day photos and trip report here.

Park was surprisingly busy for a cool opening day, but the weather was absolutely perfect.

The Joker still has a ways to completion. They were working on electrical boxes and the track when I took some pics.

I tried out Galactic Attack and wasn't impressed. I think there was some sort of bug on our headsets when we rode - I could see everything through the camera until we got to the top of the lift at which point the background just turned black with some aliens floating here and there. Weird. What am I supposed to see?

Texas Giant has a sign stating reservations are needed for reduced capacity. I'm guessing they're still rehabbing some trains - can anyone confirm?

Entry fountain water was dyed so blue it was comedic.

At the park now! Here are some pics I took of the Joker!

IMG616.thumb.jpg.36bb9960aa76ebd5db080b009d6234ed.jpg

Seen from behind Catwoman

IMG614.thumb.jpg.1a192f8b31dce1e8f83ee1deac3f489e.jpg

In this pic you can just make out the Joker trains in the distance

IMG613.thumb.jpg.d73c703394e881e69b02417afd6a374b.jpg

Seen here behind Riddler

IMG612.thumb.jpg.fe5e6c1f815e999531c5bb411a3f6f6d.jpg

The wooden fence makes it hard to see all the construction equipment on the other side

IMG611.thumb.jpg.1047931e36edf76b8d512d28d86fc9b2.jpg

Joker is close to it's testing phase

Edited by Sportsdude360