TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Here's my two cents. I'm optimistic with the addition of the new headsets and head restraints, which simply "snap" into place, that the dispatch times will improve. I don't know enough about the "new" experience, and if the headsets and or phones received an update making them faster to sync. I hope they roll out and continue the reservation system they had done toward the end of the summer and during Fright Fest. Id rather come back at a certain time and walk around the park and enjoy some of the other attractions instead of standing in line. Bottom line, I have high hopes that the software was updated and improved.

Here's my two cents. I'm optimistic with the addition of the new headsets and head restraints, which simply "snap" into place, that the dispatch times will improve. I don't know enough about the "new" experience, and if the headsets and or phones received an update making them faster to sync. I hope they roll out and continue the reservation system they had done toward the end of the summer and during Fright Fest. Id rather come back at a certain time and walk around the park and enjoy some of the other attractions instead of standing in line. Bottom line, I have high hopes that the software was updated and improved.

Same. Your right. Very true.

Who let the six year old on this thread?

Which 6 year old are you talking about?

By using context clues, I believe that the six year old in question is SixFlagsFans3793.

On topic, I cannot believe that this thing is already up! Meanwhile the one at my home park, SFNE, has about 3 supports up.

Who let the six year old on this thread?

Which 6 year old are you talking about?

By using context clues, I believe that the six year old in question is SixFlagsFans3793.

On topic, I cannot believe that this thing is already up! Meanwhile the one at my home park, SFNE, has about 3 supports up.

I am not even six years old so it's not probably me. Oh cool me either I cannot wait to ride the joker at sfot.

Does anyone have any updates yet on garbage bin #4341? I'm looking to visit later this year and need to know if the side panel of the bin has been repainted yet. I know they update these things on an minimum hourly basis, despite the fact that the park's closed right now and will be for some time. Maybe they already added the new lid!

Does anyone have any updates yet on garbage bin #4341? I'm looking to visit later this year and need to know if the side panel of the bin has been repainted yet. I know they update these things on an minimum hourly basis, despite the fact that the park's closed right now and will be for some time. Maybe they already added the new lid!

Idk about that.

I can't even.

Okay, on a more serious front, if one were interested in visiting SFOT and SFFT as a non-Texan flying in, is there a reasonable way to travel between the two cities sans car? I've been wanting to visit both parks for quite a while now but don't really want to drive all the way to Texas if possible.

Wow, this thread is unbearable.

Accurate.

I can't even.

How I feel every time I read a post from certain people.

I can't even.

Okay, on a more serious front, if one were interested in visiting SFOT and SFFT as a non-Texan flying in, is there a reasonable way to travel between the two cities sans car? I've been wanting to visit both parks for quite a while now but don't really want to drive all the way to Texas if possible.

short answer? nope.

but getting a car is worth it anyways, as if you rent in Dallas/Ft Worth and drive, you can make stops in Austin (Capitol !, Zilker Park, Live Music) and New Braunsfel's (Schlitterbahn) on the way to San Antonio (if you go I35), and then after visiting SFFT, the Alamo, Seaworld, and the Riverwalk, go back via I10, which will let you hit ZDT (in Seguin) for the shuttle coaster, go thru Houston to the Kemah Boardwalk, and down to Galveston to the pleasure pier.. . before heading back up I45 to Dallas to return the car.

it's a big Triangle, and will let you hit pretty much everything in Texas

I can't even.

short answer? nope.

but getting a car is worth it anyways, as if you rent in Dallas/Ft Worth and drive, you can make stops in Austin (Capitol !, Zilker Park, Live Music) and New Braunsfel's (Schlitterbahn) on the way to San Antonio (if you go I35), and then after visiting SFFT, the Alamo, Seaworld, and the Riverwalk, go back via I10, which will let you hit ZDT (in Seguin) for the shuttle coaster, go thru Houston to the Kemah Boardwalk, and down to Galveston to the pleasure pier.. . before heading back up I45 to Dallas to return the car.

Awesome, thanks for the advice! To be honest, I actually hoped this is how it would be, now I can sell it to myself as a proper vacation instead of a credit run.

I can't even.

short answer? nope.

Awesome, thanks for the advice! To be honest, I actually hoped this is how it would be, now I can sell it to myself as a proper vacation instead of a credit run.

I've made that exact trip, and hit up all the parks listed as well as some sightseeing, and it was a lot of fun. Exhausting. But fun!! You won't regret it!

I can't even.

short answer? nope.

I've made that exact trip, and hit up all the parks listed as well as some sightseeing, and it was a lot of fun. Exhausting. But fun!! You won't regret it!

Oh that's cool and awesome. Wish that I could do the same thing as you and I am glad that you had fun because I would too.

Over Texas thrills posted on their website pictures of the joker today:

img-3832_orig.thumb.jpg.fcf5153124bef1d4b32a4179acf5440a.jpg

The Joker trains on the transfer track being assembled.

img-3829_orig.thumb.jpg.9cfbd02ac771d2ab2a4a976ab7fc1086.jpg

img-3841_orig.thumb.jpg.5f0b09fd5dd9d5f305e6a033a84ac853.jpg

As you see, the Joker sign has not been placed on to the supports of the track, but is expected to be placed in its place once all the spin Dina have been put into place.

img-3837_orig.thumb.jpg.372033098acec21523dfbf6e310513f1.jpg

The Joker's operator booth has come much along together than last week.

img-3833_orig.thumb.jpg.80beaade6fa1f26ac0bcb2c705997e93.jpg

The chain lift guide and anti-rollbacks are being placed on to the lift hill this should change very quickly. Once this is done and the chain itself is put in, The Joker will be much closer to its testing phase.

img-3532_1_orig.thumb.jpg.8ed842af3b44a8f66fdef993d9a54add.jpg

img-3844_1_orig.thumb.jpg.b086f71d6be1f4286bd31b0f881fb452.jpg

The Joker Construction Update 2/11/17:

2/14/2017 0 Comments

With just more than 10 days until the parks Opening Weekend, major construction on The Joker has begun coming to a close. The rides track is now completely finished meaning that ariel construction should start wrapping up within the next couple of weeks. More trains are being put onto the transfer track and the chain lift guide rail is going up too. This will be the sites last construction update before opening weekend so lets get started.

Picture

As previously noted, the rides track and catwalks have all been completed. The colors on this ride are extremely vibrant and really do pop. I can't wait to see cars flying by as I drive into the park!

Picture

The chain lift guide and anti-rollbacks are bring placed on the lift hill. While they only extend about 1/5 of the way at the moment this should change very quickly. Once this is done and the chain itself is put in, The Joker will be much closer to its testing phase.

Picture

Picture

Something odd to note is that one of the magnetic brake fins has been removed from the second raven turnaround. The top photo is from January 28th while the bottom is from February 11th. Occasionally small adjustments do have to be made so I wouldn't worry about it being a problem. odd to note is that one of the magnetic brake fins has been removed from the second raven turnaround. The top photo is from January 28th while the bottom is from February 11th. Occasionally small adjustments do have to be made so I wouldn't worry about it being a problem.