TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Anyway, I'll be down there first full week in March and maybe going on the 9th. It's the day I leave but should be able to stop by. Curious to see if it will be busy that day. Any ideas if some schools will be on Spring Break that week?

I would like to know this too, please.

Anyway, I'll be down there first full week in March and maybe going on the 9th. It's the day I leave but should be able to stop by. Curious to see if it will be busy that day. Any ideas if some schools will be on Spring Break that week?

I would like to know this too, please.

googling "Dallas Spring Break 2017". . . I know, who would have thunk that??

brings up this:

https://thehub.dallasisd.org/newsroom/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/FINAL_Proposed-2016-2017-Calendar.pdf

and here's what you get if you google "Fort Worth Spring Break 2017"

http://www.fwisd.org/cms/lib011/TX01918778/Centricity/domain/735/calendars/2016-17_trad-calendar.pdf

March 13-17: Spring Break

Everyone please take pics of the joker or If you already have some please post on to here for six flags over texas discussion thread. Thank you.

until the ride is running, there really doesn't seem much point to keep asking the same question over and over.

all you're likely going to accomplish is being on more people's ignore lists, and then less folks will respond.

I'm being kind to you, as I don't know your age, situation, or anything else you might have going on. . . but continuing to ask the same question over and over is really going to rub some people the wrong way, and instead of making friends you might be robbing yourself of that opportunity (if you're on ignore, they won't see your posts at all, and that's a potential friend gone without you even knowing it).

really.. check out the rest of TPR, there are tons of other topics, and lots and LOTS of trip reports, that have many pictures of coasters.

I would have also liked to have known what crowds would be like in general, because the park is open all week long, so there must be a demand somewhere that warrants that.

SFoT is open all week due to the spring break time in Texas. . but since Dallas and Ft. Worth (the largest cities close) are not on break until the week of March 13, I'd expect the park to be very manageable, tho expect operations to likely not be great (since they are just bringing back the majority of employees after the long break).

Other large Texas Cities that have schools on Spring Break the week before, typically wouldn't do a schlep to SFoT (Houston likely would go to Galveston for Pleasure Pier, or San Antonio for SFFT. . both much closer than a road trip to Dallas/Ft. Worth).

just my 2cents. .tho others who live in the SFoT area can give you a better idea.

I would have also liked to have known what crowds would be like in general, because the park is open all week long, so there must be a demand somewhere that warrants that.

SFoT is open all week due to the spring break time in Texas. . but since Dallas and Ft. Worth (the largest cities close) are not on break until the week of March 13, I'd expect the park to be very manageable, tho expect operations to likely not be great (since they are just bringing back the majority of employees after the long break).

Other large Texas Cities that have schools on Spring Break the week before, typically wouldn't do a schlep to SFoT (Houston likely would go to Galveston for Pleasure Pier, or San Antonio for SFFT. . both much closer than a road trip to Dallas/Ft. Worth).

just my 2cents. .tho others who live in the SFoT area can give you a better idea.

Ok and what about the joker operators booth or control room progress??

Good morning everyone!! Starting today we are going to give trivia questions that y'all have to answer and whoever gets it right will not have to answer the next set of trivia questions.

No, no we are not.

If I had to guess I'd bet every single question, or 99% of them, would be related to Joker, and when it is going to open, or if they have made any more progress on the "operators booth or control room."

If you're really wanting some games to play, go check out the Random, Random, Random thread on here. There are tons of games for you to play there!

Get ready to loop into a space battle on Galactic Attack Virtual Reality Coaster.

Galactic Attack is the World’s First Mixed Reality Experience that only Six Flags can deliver.

This virtual reality coaster will introduce riders to the device’s passthrough camera functionality that creates awareness of their surroundings through their Samsung Gear VR headsets. Complex gameplay is part of this ride which is also a world’s first! Thrill seekers will go into battle and save planet Earth from an impending drone invasion. As they ride, a heads up display overlay on the passthrough camera view will show status of the weaponry, time codes, fuel cells, and a countdown clock.

Galactic Attack Virtual Reality Coaster features:

A mixed reality view that changes into a completely immersive virtual reality environment.

A completely different gaming experience with three different endings.

A one-of-a-kind thrilling, fully immersive ride.

Galactic Attack Virtual Reality Coaster will open on February 25.

16708477_1729553074022182_7200811315622890674_n.jpg.3486527034acc1db0701284f32bb500c.jpg

Good morning everyone!! Starting today we are going to give trivia questions that y'all have to answer and whoever gets it right will not have to answer the next set of trivia questions.

No, no we are not.

If I had to guess I'd bet every single question, or 99% of them, would be related to Joker, and when it is going to open, or if they have made any more progress on the "operators booth or control room."

If you're really wanting some games to play, go check out the Random, Random, Random thread on here. There are tons of games for you to play there!

No they are not all going to be about the joker .

Get ready to loop into a space battle on Galactic Attack Virtual Reality Coaster.

Noooo, not again. I was hoping this VR craze was coming to an end. . .

Looks like it's still on Shockwave from the photo. Since Six Flags loves to act like this is a totally new ride, nowhere on their site do they say what coaster it's on. Can anyone confirm?

Looks like it's still on Shockwave from the photo. Since Six Flags loves to act like this is a totally new ride, nowhere on their site do they say what coaster it's on. Can anyone confirm?

Yes this is going on the Shockwave in the "Tower Section" For more information Click Here

Yes this is going on the Shockwave in the "Tower Section" For more information Click Here

Yes we can tell by the picture. Imagine if it was on Batman the ride or Mr freeze reverse blast, not shockwave.

. . . Yes we can tell by the picture. Imagine if it was on Batman the ride or Mr freeze reverse blast, not shockwave.

Oh god, please no. Operations, and capacity are already bad enough on those coasters. Let's please not ever do anything to make their dispatches worse.

. . . Yes we can tell by the picture. Imagine if it was on Batman the ride or Mr freeze reverse blast, not shockwave.

Oh god, please no. Operations, and capacity are already bad enough on those coasters. Let's please not ever do anything to make their dispatches worse.

No they're not. Every time that we go the lines are either moving fast or not long, really short, so ya it would not slow the dispatches down unless like if a lot of people like vr and then there will be long lines on both.

. . . so ya it would not slow the dispatches down . . .

I'm going to take a shot in the dark on this one and guess you've never experienced VR on a coaster??

The 4 VR coasters I've been on always had ridiculously awful dispatches. Like, 5-15 minute dispatches per VR train.

Trivia questions:
Ummmmmmm.....someone please help me with my classwork as shown in the picture just click the picture and zoom in to get a closer look. I am stuck on the first question (#1). Thank you.

stop.gif.3cb2b0abede5bb32704b14bfbdfa35f0.gif

Edited by boldikus

. . . so ya it would not slow the dispatches down . . .

I'm going to take a shot in the dark on this one and guess you've never experienced VR on a coaster??

The 4 VR coasters I've been on always had ridiculously awful dispatches. Like, 5-15 minute dispatches per VR train.

Yes I have. We have been on the superman at sfft be but it was pretty fast when we went. I like be on the coasters but then again probably slow dispatches as you said. I will get on another vr coaster which will probably be shockwave since we had a nice experience last time. The only thing that I didn't like was that you had to hold really right or tie it tight because it would go up and down like move throughout the ride but hopefully shockwave' s vr will be better and stay on your face without moving throughout the ride, but it might be the motion of the ride that was making it move. What I mean is all the movement the ride was downing like going upside down. Who knows because you never know.

Edited by sixflagsfans3793