TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

We've all heard rumors of the park installing a wing coaster some day. We've also always been afraid of getting a Super Looper. What about this? Check out this Twisted Looper from S&S! What do you think? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSHiubQ8_CA

Six Flags has probably already ordered a dozen of these

Where do y'all find all these rumors?? It would be nice and awesome especially since it is launched by lsm not lims like mr. Freeze and will be our third ride or coaster from s&s after the joker and superman tower of power. It might also be a b&m wing coaster that the park will get and it would be neat because since the park only has one b&m coaster which is the inverted type batman the ride.

Hi there. New to the forums. Six Flags Over Texas is my home park as I was born and raised in East Texas. I went the SFOT many times as a kid with my family or a church group. The last time I visited Six Flags was back in 1994 or 95 on a School Band trip. It was my best trip ever and I rode pretty much every ride and rollercoast there (RIP Flashback).

For a variety of reason I didn't go back until last October after I bought a season pass during the Labor Day Flash Sale. It was a spur of the moment thing and I'm glad I did it. Coming back after so many years were surreal. Many parts of the park looked like they had changed at all while other parts were almost unrecognizable. Going solo was a bit weird at first but once I discovered the single rider line on certain rides that became a great time saver and I could plan out a better park strategy.

I came back again during Holiday in the Park armed with my new knowledge after having reoriented myself with the park and had an even better time. I'd like to visit every month but it will probably be every couple of months since I'm about 2 and half hours from Arlington. I also plan to make at least one trip down to Fiesta Texas.

My favorite ride is currently Runaway Mountain but my favorite ride as a child was the "Cave Ride." I didn't mind the Looney Tunes makeover but having ridden it so recently I see that the ride needs an overhaul. A complete upgrade from top to bottom. I had a couple of ideas. One was to keep the same theme and story line it has now but to upgrade the ride' tech and specs. Another idea was to reboot the old cave ride but brought up to date. Another idea I had was to completely re-theme it as "The Batcave Ride" as you ride in The Penguins' Rubber Duckies through the interior of Batman's lair.

Just some thoughts. I can't wait till the park reopens.

I don't see any argument for that not being a coaster. It's a condensed sky rocket II with wing coaster trains.

Ya, its definitely a coaster. It's also so much better than an S&S 4D Free Spin, at least from the looks of it and my opinion.

What are you talking about? S&S 4d free spins are more better because it's one of a kind where it flips spins and more than anything else, but other than that they are basically the same. You have more fun on the free spins.

Hi there. New to the forums. Six Flags Over Texas is my home park as I was born and raised in East Texas. I went the SFOT many times as a kid with my family or a church group. The last time I visited Six Flags was back in 1994 or 95 on a School Band trip. It was my best trip ever and I rode pretty much every ride and rollercoast there (RIP Flashback).

For a variety of reason I didn't go back until last October after I bought a season pass during the Labor Day Flash Sale. It was a spur of the moment thing and I'm glad I did it. Coming back after so many years were surreal. Many parts of the park looked like they had changed at all while other parts were almost unrecognizable. Going solo was a bit weird at first but once I discovered the single rider line on certain rides that became a great time saver and I could plan out a better park strategy.

I came back again during Holiday in the Park armed with my new knowledge after having reoriented myself with the park and had an even better time. I'd like to visit every month but it will probably be every couple of months since I'm about 2 and half hours from Arlington. I also plan to make at least one trip down to Fiesta Texas.

My favorite ride is currently Runaway Mountain but my favorite ride as a child was the "Cave Ride." I didn't mind the Looney Tunes makeover but having ridden it so recently I see that the ride needs an overhaul. A complete upgrade from top to bottom. I had a couple of ideas. One was to keep the same theme and story line it has now but to upgrade the ride' tech and specs. Another idea was to reboot the old cave ride but brought up to date. Another idea I had was to completely re-theme it as "The Batcave Ride" as you ride in The Penguins' Rubber Duckies through the interior of Batman's lair.

Just some thoughts. I can't wait till the park reopens.

Hi there welcome to the forums. I hope you have fun and yes we all can't wait til the park opens and the joker opens so we can ride the Joker and have fun. I can't wait til hurricane harbor opens, which is right across the freeway so I can have fun swimming because I like swimming and going to hurricane harbor. I scream on the rides and raise my hands and like to sit in the front.

Let's put this into perspective. The picture shows where the coaster and the ride queue currently are and how much space is left over. Keep in mind the strip mall has been demolished up to the Mexican Restaurant on the end. Don't mind those mad paint skills.

Bring on the S&S Twisted L0oper

Let's put this into perspective. The picture shows where the coaster and the ride queue currently are and how much space is left over. Keep in mind the strip mall has been demolished up to the Mexican Restaurant on the end. Don't mind those mad paint skills.

Looks to me like space for Midway / Gotham Games stuff. and a themeing of the restaurant space to something comic-book/Gotham City.

don't get greedy and wanting more rides.

What are you talking about?? We talking about the joker progress not about getting a new s&s twisted looper.

What are you talking about?? We talking about the joker progress not about getting a new s&s twisted looper.

Someone previously had mentioned a Disk-O, Or Hurricane Force 5, being put in. The cool thing about Zamperla, is that they make a couple of different size tracks, and a couple different sized disks. I rode the one at SDC, and it has a bigger track with a smaller disk, so you got a lot of pops in airtime. Unfortunately they only offer them in 24 and 40 seat Disks, so load capacity would be low with a smaller disk. This could be a cool addition to that area of the park.

Multiple discussions can happen at one time, it's okay.

Edited by Password121

Looks to me like space for Midway / Gotham Games stuff. and a themeing of the restaurant space to something comic-book/Gotham City.

Naw I could see them using the back side of the games in the Gotham area, and adding an entrance into "New Gotham" near Batman's Exit. The building in the picture is gone except for the very end.

Where in the would did we just start talking about this?? We are talking about the progress on the joker not this. Y'all probably started talking about this out of nowhere.

Multiple discussions can happen at one time, it's okay.

Sure, sure whatever. Get your words right please and laugh out loud we are already moving on and talking about something else and the joker progress at six flags over Texas and judge Roy scream replacing the track progress.