TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Given that no park in the entire chain has installed anything from B&M, Premier, or Intamin in nearly 4 years, I'm not sure why anyone would think that it's inevitable that we see something major next year at SFOT.

I'm actually hoping Six Flags works with Vekoma for their next batch of clones. Their new launchers look pretty cool, the one at Energylandia looks like it wouldn't break the bank too much. Right up Six Flags alley

2018 is looking very promising for record breaking coasters. Lets hope we get a "first of it's kind" in good ole SFOT fashion.

2018 is looking very promising for record breaking coasters. Lets hope we get a "first of it's kind" in good ole SFOT fashion.

Wait, you really think that SFOT is going to get a "first of its kind" record breaking coaster the year after just getting a brand new coaster?? Seems highly unlikely to me.

Wait, you really think that SFOT is going to get a "first of its kind" record breaking coaster the year after just getting a brand new coaster?? Seems highly unlikely to me.

Yes why not?? Because they've done that before just like sfft and sfstl did the year after they got a roller coaster.

I never said 'first of it's kind, coaster.' There are several of possibilities of "first of their kind" attractions SFOT could put in in 2018.

Yes why not?? Because they've done that before just like sfft and sfstl did the year after they got a roller coaster.

Are you referring to the consecutive installations in 1998, and 1999?? Because that was nearly 20 years ago. . . Times have changed. That was back before Six Flags was installing something new at every park, every year.

Recently it seems like Six Flags is doing "major addition," Then a family addition, water park addition, or kids area addition. . . And I bet we see that trend continue at SFOT.

If SFOT gets a major, record breaking coaster in 2018 I'll be highly surprised. . . Most likely they are going to get either a family addition, kiddie addition, or a Larson Loop.

If SFOT gets a major, record breaking coaster in 2018 I'll be highly surprised. . . Most likely they are going to get either a family addition, kiddie addition, or a Larson Loop.

The park will not be getting a Larson Looper as there is now one at a nearby Flea Market. But if I had to guess it would be something similar. Too bad no one has come up with a similar ride design, oh wait... someone has.

I think the park will take a break from additions. JL, flat ride package, and Joker is some major capital in a short amount of time.

The park brought in bigger crowds with the new VR last year. They also had a bigger Fright Fest and HITP crowd. I expect the crowds to be bigger this year too. With that being said I would expect them to invest money in each park, every year. Otherwise the general public lose interest and go elsewhere.

. . .With that being said I would expect them to invest money in each park, every year. . .

Six Flags has already announced that they would be bringing something new to every park, every year. . . Aka: investing money in each park, every year. (Not trying to be an ass. Just thought I'd point that out.)

Are there anymore updates on the joker other than it being topped off and what about the progress on the rest like the operator building and trains??

It's the same as last time you asked. . .

Actually yes. There is an update on Joker. Turns out the second the last piece of track went in place the que, the theming, all buildings, the sign, and gift shops all instantly popped up. Test runs are all complete, and the coaster will now sit dormant for a while waiting for opening day.

How did you miss this news??

If you really want the most up to date information on Joker, check out the parks social media.

Are there anymore updates on the joker other than it being topped off and what about the progress on the rest like the operator building and trains??

It's the same as last time you asked. . .

Actually yes. There is an update on Joker. Turns out the second the last piece of track went in place the que, the theming, all buildings, the sign, and gift shops all instantly popped up. Test runs are all complete, and the coaster will now sit dormant for a while waiting for opening day.

How did you miss this news??

If you really want the most up to date information on Joker, check out the parks social media.

Please fall asleep and do not say anything like this anymore. Get your words right.

Please fall asleep and do not say anything like this anymore. Get your words right.

Moving along.

We've all heard rumors of the park installing a wing coaster some day. We've also always been afraid of getting a Super Looper. What about this? Check out this Twisted Looper from S&S! What do you think? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSHiubQ8_CA

Okay. Not going to lie, that looks pretty fun. I'd gladly welcome that to SFOT!!